Boskone - Boston - Feb. 19-21, 2016

Excellent! Look forward to meeting you!

The usual run of show: Friday is catch-as-catch-can, since some people don't arrive until after work (even though the convention programming starts at 2pm). Some of us try to make the art show reception. We can then usually be found in the hotel lobby or bar. Saturday, most of us attend some programming, and hang out downstairs in the con suite/dealers room. Saturday night is the traditional quest to Legal Seafood, and then we'll probably grab some drinks and play Cards Against Humanity or Exploding Kittens. 

Sunday, most people stick around until lunch or so, then those of us who have a long trek to make head to the train/bus station or hit the road. Art show closes at noon; sales are 1pm-3pm. Dealer room starts closing up around noon as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2016 at 10:17 AM, Xray the Enforcer said:

Excellent! Look forward to meeting you!

The usual run of show: Friday is catch-as-catch-can, since some people don't arrive until after work (even though the convention programming starts at 2pm). Some of us try to make the art show reception. We can then usually be found in the hotel lobby or bar. Saturday, most of us attend some programming, and hang out downstairs in the con suite/dealers room. Saturday night is the traditional quest to Legal Seafood, and then we'll probably grab some drinks and play Cards Against Humanity or Exploding Kittens. 

Sunday, most people stick around until lunch or so, then those of us who have a long trek to make head to the train/bus station or hit the road. Art show closes at noon; sales are 1pm-3pm. Dealer room starts closing up around noon as well.

Friday I have dinner plans with a friend in Boston, but may be around for pre and/or post dinner drinks etc.  If there's room, please add me to the reservation for dinner on Saturday.

And anyone who sees me, come on up and say hi.  I'll be the rather tall guy who looks like my avatar.

Should be arriving early Friday afternoon, looking forward to it.

Sigh - can't seem to find my college ID which would have given me quite the discount. I'm probably going to register on the day of, given that online registration is closed. 

I should be there Friday evening and up for dinner on Saturday too. Hope it stays warm over the weekend! 

I was all worried about snow wrecking havoc with my flights but now no snow in the forecast but instead high winds for Chicago on Friday. I am crossing my fingers hoping this does not too much delay or cancel my flight! Assuming it does not I will be there for dinner on Friday.

20 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

We're on the train now. See everyone soon!

Awesome! Just a heads up, south station was having some Amtrak signal problems today, not sure they have been resolved. Most commuter rail trains have been terminating at stops just outside, with connections to mass transit. Feel free to give me a buzz if you guys (or anyone) has any questions or issues

20 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

We're on the train now. See everyone soon!

Awesome! Just a heads up, south station was having some Amtrak signal problems today, not sure they have been resolved. Most commuter rail trains have been terminating at stops just outside, with connections to mass transit. Feel free to give me a buzz if you guys (or anyone) has any questions or issues

18 hours ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

Yeah, we showed up just as that was all happening. We got in, though it took an extra 10 minutes or so to get from Back Bay station to South Station. HUGE crowds in the main waiting area of South Station.

Archived