From Death to Dawn #3: Sansa, Lyanna, Jaime, Rhaegar, and the Search for One True Knight

Sly Wren

On February 12, 2016 at 5:15 AM, sweetsunray said:

Just wanted to add this link of the first Bear-Maiden essay I made on Sansa. It does not delve yet into the knight-beast-prince stuff, but just the sexual maturation of Sansa and her fantasy world. I had to separate it thematically, because it's just too big otherwise. I have a lot already for the second essay, but I've been working on this since late November, and I'm letting the second one rest for a while. There also will be a third essay regarding the "bear cub" references, which I now think is a grooming reference. I'm working on a new chthonic essay though for the moment.

https://sweeticeandfiresunray.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/the-beasts-kiss-sansas-sexual-maturation/

Excellent! Congrats! I need to find some time this week to indulge myself and delve into that. Same with @LmL's latest installment.

But, as you know, I think Sansa's sexual maturity, given some of the ways she echoes Lyanna's plot line (if not Lyanna's psychology--that's more Arya)--Sansa's desires and intent have a lot of potential to be clues to the past. And foreshadowing for where the novels current incarnation of the Long Night and civil wars are likely to go.

34 minutes ago, Sly Wren said:

Excellent! Congrats! I need to find some time this week to indulge myself and delve into that. Same with @LmL's latest installment.

But, as you know, I think Sansa's sexual maturity, given some of the ways she echoes Lyanna's plot line (if not Lyanna's psychology--that's more Arya)--Sansa's desires and intent have a lot of potential to be clues to the past. And foreshadowing for where the novels current incarnation of the Long Night and civil wars are likely to go.

Thanks Sly Wren, there's healthy dose of Sansa in my new podcast / essay as well. You also really have to read @Evolett newest essays about Pearls and Pearl Maidens... it's really fantastic. Part One is awesome, Part Two even better. Just wanted to say that. We're also having a lively discussion on the thread for my new podcast which you'd probably enjoy. It's not too too far along yet...

19 minutes ago, LmL said:

Thanks Sly Wren, there's healthy dose of Sansa in my new podcast / essay as well. You also really have to read @Evolett newest essays about Pearls and Pearl Maidens... it's really fantastic. Part One is awesome, Part Two even better. Just wanted to say that. We're also having a lively discussion on the thread for my new podcast which you'd probably enjoy. It's not too too far along yet...

Yes--I keep reading about a third of your post before I get interrupted by my small people. But the stuff on sacrifices and Sansa--I'm loving it. Just need a good hour when I don't have to keep interrupting myself for "art" projects. :)

And thanks for the link to Evolett! Will put that on the list as well. 

Archived