Crusade of Kings 2 - GOT Mod

DirewolfDubz

1 hour ago, A Song of Ass and Fire said:

Oh, a big tip that has helped me - pause frequently when in a war, and don't speed it up to more than two or three clicks most in gamespeed if there's any chance an unfriendly levy might come up by you.  On the siege and battle resolution screens, click the little box in the lower right and you can change the game so it automatically pauses whenever you win or lose a battle, a real life saver.  When you see an enemy unit moving towards one of your provinces, you can pause and click it to see what date they will arrive, but be aware that if they have less than 100% morale, that date will move closer as their morale improves.  If you see that doom stack is going to be in Duskendale on April 10 and the soonest you can get out of that province is April 12, it's best to dismiss the levy, even if you lose half of the men because you are outside your territory or there are too many enemy units around, unless you really think you have a chance to win.  Even if you know you will lose most of your men from getting rid of the unit, if you are certain to lose it's better to lose them that way than to let the enemy improve their war score and prestige by beating them in battle.

Funny thing you mentioned Duskendale and a doom stack as an example. I fended off an attack by Visenya Targaryen during her Dragon Conquest as the lord of Duskendale. I intercepted her landing and beat her host with dragons while morale was low. It was a very close thing, but I prevailed.

Then the darnest thing happened. I imprisoned her after she surrendered, then I visited her chambers and she got pregnant. I freed her and the baby girl and she took off to Dragonstone. Twenty five years later, playing as the successor, I'm allied with the Targs because my bastard half-sister is married to Aegon's son. I dragonfired every sot that dared to stand in my way to creating the kingdom of the Dusklands. Good times.

1 hour ago, Shane snow said:

i just downloaded this game and moved files into correct folder. when i open the game and go to mods it isn't there...any help?

You shouldn't have to move any files around, the version I downloaded was an executable installer that found my Steam installation and put the files in the correct place.

3 hours ago, Shane snow said:

i just downloaded this game and moved files into correct folder. when i open the game and go to mods it isn't there...any help?

Did you by any chance put the mod files in the mod folder of the main game folder?

If so, you should move the mod to Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod folder

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is an excellent mod for an excellent game!  I stopped playing it early last year because it is really hard to just play for an hour or two and get off - the story can be amazing, even when it seems mundane in the grand scope.  Maybe I'll find my old AAR and repost it here.  The way things went really made a more compelling story than any fan theories I've seen!

I recommend this game mod and the original.  It's a shame that it's so expensive.

• 6 months later...

Wondering how many people on here still play this as with the new DLC coming out they'll be updating it soon to include socities and other things. I've clocked in over 1000 hours just on this submod. I think I've played the base game for maybe 20 hours lol

• 3 months later...

Right now no computer good enough to run it.  I would try the new content if I could.  

Caution to anyone: wait and buy the game when it goes on sale.  It is ridiculously expensive.  Already owning it, I don't mind getting the new DLC as it improves the game experience and provides more depth, but I wouldn't pay for all of it at once as a new player.

Archived