Alan Rickman RIP

Maltaran

I loved him in every role he played.

But he will always be Severus Snape.

For me,

I loved him in every role he played.

But he will always be Hans Gruber.

I think it's either going to be one or the other for most people.

This sucks so much!

Saw Sorcerers stone before reading the novels so Rickman's face is what I saw every time Snape popped up in the books. Love actually is actually one of the only rom coms I enjoy. He was brilliant. Rest easy, sir. 

I recently rediscovered Alan Rickman while watching the Harry Potter movies this Christmas for the first time. When they came out I didn’t watch them because I didn’t like the hype. I had already seen Alan Rickman in Die Hard, Sweeney Todd, Love Actually, … and I was impressed with his special voice. But in Harry Potter he was amazing, he was by far my favourite character. I was really shocked when I read on my phone on the train that he had died. I would have loved to see him in more movies, but I guess I’ll have to rewatch the old ones… RIP Mr Rickman.

I recently rediscovered Alan Rickman while watching the Harry Potter movies this Christmas for the first time. When they came out I didn’t watch them because I didn’t like the hype. I had already seen Alan Rickman in Die Hard, Sweeney Todd, Love Actually, … and I was impressed with his special voice. But in Harry Potter he was amazing, he was by far my favourite character. I was really shocked when I read on my phone on the train that he had died. I would have loved to see him in more movies, but I guess I’ll have to rewatch the old ones… RIP Mr Rickman.

If you haven't seen Galaxy Quest, he's fantastic in it.

@Crazydog7: he was really really good in Harry Potter (and I'm not a kid). Thanks to his performance the Harry Potter movies were also enjoyable for an older public.

@DanteGabriel: No I haven't, It's not always easy to find movies legally. But I'm gonna check it when I can find it. Thanks!

I think I saw every film he was ever in even Dogma but of course the only thing the kids on the facebook feed give a shit about are the Harry Potter films. 

RIP. 

Why does that bother you? lol

Another legend down. This year is REALLY not starting off well.

He was seriously one of my favorite actors.  I don't think I ever watched a movie of his and thought, "Man, Rickman really phoned that one in" like I have with pretty much everybody else at some point.  Terrible news.  I'll be watching at a minimum Galaxy Quest and Bottle Shock tonight (I watched Die Hard and Love Actually just a couple of weeks ago).  :(

I think I saw every film he was ever in even Dogma but of course the only thing the kids on the facebook feed give a shit about are the Harry Potter films. 

RIP. 

It's just what people know and appreciate him from based on their age/exposure to film. Nothing wrong with that at all.

If you haven't seen Galaxy Quest, he's fantastic in it.

I cannot agree more. He was a brilliant actor who did comedy, drama, and evil so well that was always a treat to watch. His Sherriff of Nottingham was the only thing that made that film watchable. Too soon. Too fucking soon.

Archived