Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

williamjm

Mancunicon - EasterCon 2016

https://www.mancunicon.org.uk/

There was a thread about this before, but I think it may have been lost due to forum-updating shenanigans.

I think I said on the old thread that I was thinking of going, I've now booked a ticket for it. I think there were about half a dozen of us going to be there?

If by "half a dozen of us" you meant, me, then yes. See you there!

I'm going with a friend (who was also at Titancon) and pretty sure Beth is going too. That makes half a dozen!

Or, by Pebbles count of a dozen we're still 2 short. 

I'm going with a friend (who was also at Titancon) and pretty sure Beth is going too. That makes half a dozen!

I think Eloisa and family said they were going as well.

I count dozens the same way as everyone else.  I just don't count those under a certain height as a full person.

I now have my membership and a twin (can sleep 3 apparently) in the Jury's Inn.    If anyone is looking for a bed and would like to share, please let me know   - It will cost an extra £10 per day so I'm sure I will be able to modify the room rate accordinly.

On 17/01/2016 at 1:41 PM, williamjm said:

I think Eloisa and family said they were going as well.

Yep - all three of us, though the baby also falls under Pebble's less than a full person criterion.

Should be good. Depending on how many of us there are and how good the con spaces are, we can always retreat to my AirBNB for some beers and games, too!

I'm there Tuesday-Monday, I think.

I'm coming!

Arriving Thursday (I think).

I'm currently staying with a relative who lives just outside the city, but I might try to find something closer.

I'd like to be there but unfortunately right now with still being out of work I can't justify the expense. But hopefully something will come through for me in the next week or so and I can still join you guys, but it is going to be a very last minute thing.

I'll be arriving on Friday morning and leaving on Monday evening (it seems I didn't mention that in my original post).

It seems I shall go to the ball...

Thanks to Pebble I will be at Eastercon after all. She has offered me a lift up to Manchester and I believe we'll be there from Thursday to Tuesday.

Looking forward to it :D

Anyone up for a trip to Cloudwater Brewing on the saturday? Guessing not, but you never know...

If we are in Manchester, the brewery will also depend on whether we need to do more driving after or not. Otherwise, there's a possibility of Manchester and not!brewerying.

On 2/23/2016 at 2:13 PM, TitanCat said:

Myself and @TitanCat's Cute Boyfriend (blame Pebble for the name) *might* be passing through Manchester that Saturday, in which case I could see us being up for that. Maybe. We haven't actually planned the plans yet.

I really wish you would stop blaming me.   If you blame anyone it should be Pod.

I needed something to refer to him as while being able to give him some internet anonymity.  The description seemed to fit.  If I was going to name him for his board name I would have chosen something far more embarrassing.

10 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

I really wish you would stop blaming me.   If you blame anyone it should be Pod.

I needed something to refer to him as while being able to give him some internet anonymity.  The description seemed to fit.  If I was going to name him for his board name I would have chosen something far more embarrassing.

I think it's an excellent name! And very fitting. I entirely approve of it. But I wanted to make sure I wasn't taking the responsibility for it, because that seems a bit too much like bragging.

1 minute ago, TitanCat said:

I think it's an excellent name! And very fitting. I entirely approve of it. But I wanted to make sure I wasn't taking the responsibility for it, because that seems a bit too much like bragging.

Yes but if I was to name someone for the hell of it.   I might go with    Mr Floppy Sausage,