POV you wish we had

OtherFromAnotherMother

I'm relatively new to the forum (stalker for 2 years, member about a month) so I apologize if this has already been brought up but I was thinking about a POV which could have been interesting. 

I think it would have been interesting to see a POV from someone in lesser house trying to gain power, gold, influence, etc. The only POVS (not counting Sam or Brienne because their motivations do not appear to be power, gold, influence, etc.) we have are either members of or work for a power house (Stark, Lannister, Martell, Targaryen, etc.). 

A POV from a Bracken or a maybe a Manderly trying to vie for more could have been fun. Although now that I think about it Dany's storyline kind of fulfills the "return to glory" motive. So maybe this POV I'm thinking of would have just created too much clutter...

Also, Connington chapters fulfill this as well so maybe this post is a waste of time, haha! 

ANYWAY, what POVs do you wish we had/had more of?

Robb, i want to know if he ever thinks of his sisters, what were his thoughts when he decided to wed Jeyne
Margaery, want to know whether what LF said was right or not that she doesn't really want to be queen
LF, what's his real plan

Anyone other than Cersei. Literally, any other character. Multiple people have told me they almost gave up the series when trying to get through her chapters.

I would hope for a POV from Bronn, or a member of one of the many, many hill/mountatin/forest tribes. Bronn's would have been hilarious when Cersei tried to have him killed and the poor guy challenged him. The tribes people could have a run-in with Nymeria or with another major character that would have been a great surprise for the normal POV characters.

In a perfect world, the POV distribution for me would've been as follows:

Game: same as they are, no change

Clash:

New POVs:

- Davos

- Theon

- Jaime (like in the show, Robb drags him around with him instead of leaving him at Riverrun and through his perspective we see the Battle of Oxcross, the Westerlings at the Crag, etc)

Storm:

New POVs:

- Sam

- Asha (we'd have the Kingsmoot storyline here, told by Asha's POV)

- Cersei (I'd like to get a glimpse at the "real" Cersei, before she went mad because the deaths of Tywin and Joffrey)

Feast-Dance (this is a perfect world, so they're one single novel):

New POVs:

- Arianne

- Barristan

- Brienne

Winds:

- Melisandre

- Jon Connington

- ?????

Anyone other than Cersei. Literally, any other character. Multiple people have told me they almost gave up the series when trying to get through her chapters.

I would hope for a POV from Bronn, or a member of one of the many, many hill/mountatin/forest tribes. Bronn's would have been hilarious when Cersei tried to have him killed and the poor guy challenged him. The tribes people could have a run-in with Nymeria or with another major character that would have been a great surprise for the normal POV characters.

I'm with you, Cersei chapters can be tough, but they are necessary for the overall story. 

I loved her last chapter though! I was with the masses flinging dung at her, haha! Just jokes everyone, don't get mad.

Robb POV would have been nice! 

A Hot Pie POV would be...adorable, maybe?  Probably not, he's not likely having an easier time than any one else, but it would be a good look into how the common people are dealing with all the strife and wars.

A Bronn POV would be EPIC!  EPIC I tell you!  Can you imagine having had Bronn's POV since we first meet him?  EPIC!  Except if he's added now, it'll probably be a Prologue or an Epilogue which would be unfortunate.  For some reason I don't want that particular bastard to die...

I really like Cersei's POV. I enjoy tying to keep up with his downfall to madness. Knowing that almost everyone at court finds her predictable (at least from what I perceived from the Tyrells, her brothers, Kevan, Varys, LF, her small council), is funny how she disregard everyone and is blind by her ego.

I'm with you in Bronn. His chapters will be enjoyable and we could learn about the life of sellswords and soldiers, and their perspective of nobility.

Bear Island POV

Osha POV

Yes, we need a wildling POV. Osha and/or one from somebdoy in Mance's army.

Sandor maybe

Ramsay, oh I would love that

Walder Frey, two capters, first when talking to Cat in GoT, second when he is betrayed.

Roose

Daario

Varys and LF

Illirio

Marge

Mace

Varys, LF, Quaithe, Illyrio, Old Nan will give us too much information. We will be robbed from some of the most important misteries of the series. I'm afraid that, even when it would be really good, an Aemon POV will also be too much a giveaway.

The "villains" POV (Sandor, Ramsay, Roose) could be really good, but finding their motives behind their actions will robbed us from the surprise of said actions.

Definetely, we need a Tyrell POV (Olenna or Margeary). An Olenna POV could be similar to Catelyn. Someone powerfull in his family, who has a lot of information, but cannot act directly in her family's problems.

And please, a Dolorous Edd POV. Imagine the Night's Watch training, the Great Ranging, the Battle in the Fist of the First Men, the wildling attack to the Wall, the Lord Commander election and the climate at Castle Black in the time of LC Jon Snow; told by the cynic and pessimist eye of Dolorous Edd. Also, I want to know how he is dealing with all the spearwives at Long Barrow and how he will react to the Iddles of Marsh coup-de-etat

I wish we had a Stannis POV instead of a Brienne one :|

As much as I like Stannis I think his POV is not that ne essary because he is a man who pretty much does and sais what he thinks, I would only like it when there aro POVs nearby, like his interaction with Shireen or something like that.

Brienne I also like and I also think her POV should be replaced.

Definetely, we need a Tyrell POV (Olenna or Margeary). An Olenna POV could be similar to Catelyn. Someone powerfull in his family, who has a lot of information, but cannot act directly in her family's problems.

And please, a Dolorous Edd POV. Imagine the Night's Watch training, the Great Ranging, the Battle in the Fist of the First Men, the wildling attack to the Wall, the Lord Commander election and the climate at Castle Black in the time of LC Jon Snow; told by the cynic and pessimist eye of Dolorous Edd. Also, I want to know how he is dealing with all the spearwives at Long Barrow and how he will react to the Iddles of Marsh coup-de-etat

Given that we have multiple Martell, Tyrell, Lannister, Greyjoy and Stark POVs, I do think we are lacking one in the Tyrell camp. With the Baratheons, Robert and his brothers are out given the 'No Kings' rule. That said, Davos, Melisandre and Cressen all have at least one POV chapter each. Catelyn is a Tully and Daenerys is a Targaryen - and so, the Tyrells remain the only major family for which we do not really have a POV person (even within their inner circle). Okay, we don't have anyone in the Arryn camp, but that family is so small and now consists of Littlefinger, Sweetrobin and Sansa (plus Harry the Heir) - and Sansa is a POV character.

I have to admit that I would also love a Dolorous Edd POV chapter (even one would be fabulous - though not a prologue or epilogue chapter because then he would die at the end of it!). Edd has such a dry, dark wit that it would be great to get inside his head. 

That said, the greedy person in me would love a Bloodraven POV. For me, he is the most intriguing character in the series and the extent of his knowledge about the events of the present, past and future is so immense that even a couple of chapters inside his head would be intense. And would pay off so much.  I know Bloodraven knows far too much to ever be a POV character, but at the same time I think that it would be a great link up with the Dunk and Egg tales to have a character who appears in both as a POV. 

Archived