Crazy Theories you really like

Last Villain

Hey Folks, i'm new here and this is my first post, but i'm reading this board for a while now. I know most of the mainstream theories but today i want to talk about the crazy tinfoil/crackpot theories you really like or which seem somehow convincing. 

I will start with one of my favorite tinfoil theories which is the one about Roose Bolton beeing some form of Skinnchanger/Vampire/Other. I think it has a lot of good points about Roose seeming to be inhuman without feelings, his strange eyes and the flaying-practise. If it turns out to be true i would find it really funny that George put such a odd thing in his low fantasy. I don't think it will turn out true because it feels a little bit over the top and out of place but i like it nevertheless.

Now it's your turn. Post your favority crazy theories and lets discuss them.

I like the idea that Howland Reed and Ashara Dayne are a couple and she lives in the Crannogs with him. Meera is the baby girl she had take Barristan thought was a still-birth.

I know it's quite  a ways out there but I still like it.

29 minutes ago, Meemaw said:

Lady Rohanne is Old Nan.

I can't recall what happened to old nan when theon took winterfell and after Ramsay burnt it down. But if she was Rohanne she would have been 125 or something. Some believe that Aemon was the oldest man in westeros and that he only lived so long because he was at the wall. What evidence is there for this theory or why do people think she is Rohanne? I'm curious to learn more about that theory.

Bran talks that she is the oldest person he knows and Ned claims she was called "old" back when he was a child. She keeps mixing up her Brandon Starks the one she came to wetnurse died and the last baby Bran that died  was during the time of Dunk and Egg.  I think the thread was on the forum for World of Ice and Fire

10 minutes ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

Dany and Jon are actually brother and sister, both born at the tower of joy...

and that Syrio=Jaquen

and that the House of the Undying is the Essos version of Bloodraven's hollow hill

The first one i find unlikely because the timeline doesn't quite add up, visery would have noticed something and why should her birth be described in detail with this storm when it never happened that way.

I never could realy understand what purpose that would serve. I think syyrio and jaquen work well as separate characters who happen to come from the same place.

The last one i never heard about, but it sounds interesting. When i googled that i stumbled over another interesting theory which stated that Beric was resurected by Bloodraven and the old gods rather than R'hllor.

29 minutes ago, Last Villain said:

The first one i find unlikely because the timeline doesn't quite add up, visery would have noticed something and why should her birth be described in detail with this storm when it never happened that way.

I never could realy understand what purpose that would serve. I think syyrio and jaquen work well as separate characters who happen to come from the same place.

The last one i never heard about, but it sounds interesting. When i googled that i stumbled over another interesting theory which stated that Beric was resurected by Bloodraven and the old gods rather than R'hllor.

Well actually the timeline is about perfect if Lyanna ran off when she was pregnant, had a kid and got pregnant again... She was at the ToJ for over a year. Making Jon about 9 months older than Dany. As for the storm, didn't you ever ask where the ship came from that they escaped on if the storm destroyed the whole fleet?

I expect the Jaquen/Syrio bit is one of things we'love never get proof of either way... It just makes me happy

as for the HotU and BR's Hill... Try rereading the HotU chapter it's crazy... Led there by an agent (Coldhands/Pryat Pree) who doesn't enter... It's full of little creatures (Children/Servitors) who don't seem in charge... They are both built around special trees that are made into a consumable (shade of the evening/weir wood paste) that tastes strange by the descriptions are similar and is served by said little people... At their heart (heart tree/heart room) are immobile people in thrones... They offer great power and knowledge... They are both dark inside and it is remarked on... And finally my favorite, there is a vision of Pryat collapsing into a pale worm, and Bloodraven has a pale worm of a root coming out of his eye... I think the implications that it is the little people who are running the show in both locations.

but the op did ask for crazy...

1 hour ago, Meemaw said:

Bran talks that she is the oldest person he knows and Ned claims she was called "old" back when he was a child. She keeps mixing up her Brandon Starks the one she came to wetnurse died and the last baby Bran that died  was during the time of Dunk and Egg.  I think the thread was on the forum for World of Ice and Fire

I don't think that Old Nan can be Lady Rohanne (even though that would be pretty cool if she was and it would fit with Dunk's story in Sworn Sword and would further explain Bran's weirwood vision of a woman kissing a tall knight). Old Nan came to Winterfell to wetnurse a Bran Stark and the most probable candidate is Bran, son of William Stark and Lyanne Glover (Lyanne died in childbirth and Old Nan states that the Bran she came to tend to died as a child). William died in 226 AC (this date is confirmed as he died at the Battle at Long Lake) and therefore Bran Stark must have been born before this, but Lady Rohanne didn't mysteriously disappear until 230 AC (this date comes from tWoIaF and also seems pretty set in stone). So Bran Stark (who died at 3) must have already been dead by the time Lady Rohanne disappears.

As to the OP, I personally like "Euron paid FM with a dragon egg to kill Balon".

Archived