It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia II: A starter thread?!? This is a finisher thread!!

Theda Baratheon

I love it when the gang's insanity is compared to the real world so this episode was a treat for me. The Cat thing, the fact it was all over $200 dollars, the gang's weird obsessions with the Lawyer's possible Jewish heritage and the judges general exasperation with it all.

I think it speaks to the quality for me that 11 seasons in and they haven't had what I'd consider a bad episode since De Vito arrived. Some aren't as good as others but all that means is that I'm only likely to rewatch it once or twice down the road as opposed to a whole bunch of times. 

3 hours ago, Rcollins said:

Anybody else think Cricket is gonna have hook hands by the end of season 12?

At least one, and a peg leg.

I thought the last episode was fantastic.  I loved the capper at the end when they were the next case on the docket also :lol: 

And Charlie winning against his nemesis with his knowledge of Bird Law :lmao: 

Holy shit, another absolutely hilarious episode! This was the one I had the most hope for when I saw the episode titles, and it didn't dissapoint. 

-Charlie going Mr. Blonde on a dwarf 

-Dee's characters

-The girls being scared of psycho Dennis 

-Mac coming back from the gay bar covered in glitter 

This season is seriously giving season 4 a run for it's money as my favorite. 

truly excellent episode from the opening to the very end. Loved Dennis' kidnapping and photo taking along with the "if you don't smile you will end up on my other site" and the paint drininking, rainbow bar visit. Pretty much everything and all the cast had something to do with great moments (Frank was used least but got some great punchlines).

I don't know what the writers do to keep coming up with stories but it's like said fountain isn't running dry at all.

"The other site", Charlie going Mr Blonde, the look Mac has when Charlie says that the pickpocket could have a pot of gold. All great.

I can't think of any other currently running comedy that so consistantly makes me laugh and want to rewatch the episodes the moment they go up on Netflix

Just getting around to this weeks ep. 

Going the drunk comment as I watch.

I hope the rest of the ep lives up to the promise of the open. 

George the Animal Steel shoutout!

Digging the soundtrack.  Bang Bus shoutout!

Wow.  I was expecting Frank to be the?Curious how they're going to reconcile the pot of gold with the Irish honors system.

"He's talking about that gay bar.  You know the one I'm talking about."  "no."  "I'm going to go check it out.  Alone." 

Nice to see Dee and Dennis bonding.

Reservoir dogs!  This is officially a classic.

What a finish!

Informal poll, do we think we're actually going to see the Gang judged by some version of a supreme being*? Or was the opening scene some kind of fake out? I could easily see a booze-free cruise being the Gang's version of hell.

*Contenders for Sunny's Supreme being :

• Mac's version of god who appreciates sweet moves. (from "The Gang Saves The Day")
  • The Space Turtle (from "Mac and Dennis Start a Cult")
  • A fully realized Dennis from an alternate future.
  • Cricket. 

36 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Informal poll, do we think we're actually going to see the Gang judged by some version of a supreme being*? Or was the opening scene some kind of fake out? I could easily see a booze-free cruise being the Gang's version of hell.

*Contenders for Sunny's Supreme being :

• Mac's version of god who appreciates sweet moves. (from "The Gang Saves The Day")
  • The Space Turtle (from "Mac and Dennis Start a Cult")
  • A fully realized Dennis from an alternate future.
  • Cricket. 
  • Dolph Lundgren

3 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Great episode. I thought everything worked here. Charlie's "Who's the other guy?" was such an easy joke, but it really made me laugh.

Yeah, I think that was the point. The characters themselves rarely make jokes they are consciously aware of so having Charlie crack one that is funny (while being obvious) was a great opportunity.

I imagine the opening scene is in some way connected with ship-fuel mixers. Another option is that they wind up on a stage that has heaven as a backdrop. There was a christian talent show on afterall.

Mac cracked me up with all of his guilt and his ability to be swayed instantly. The whole "I'm gay" bit was great. I do hope they leave him as "out" now and don't find a way of putting him back in the closet though.

Dennis was really uncomfortable viewing - especially with the way he warps his perception. Sad thing is his behaviour probably isn't far fetched for a lot of female viewers watching the show.

5 hours ago, red snow said:

Mac cracked me up with all of his guilt and his ability to be swayed instantly. The whole "I'm gay" bit was great. I do hope they leave him as "out" now and don't find a way of putting him back in the closet though.

I don't know...Mac being in the closet is one of the better running jokes in the series.  They just had one of the best visual gags of the year last week when he showed up in a tank top and covered in green glitter.

16 minutes ago, briantw said:

I don't know...Mac being in the closet is one of the better running jokes in the series.  They just had one of the best visual gags of the year last week when he showed up in a tank top and covered in green glitter.

It is funny but I suspect there's also other things they can do with an out Mac. Then again a principle of the show (a mockery in itself of sitcoms) is that the main characters rarely change. So maybe i is better to continue the running gag. I get the feeling it will be funny either way.

I like Dee's version of hell. In a sense it's true of all of them. 5 toxic people who bring out the worst in each other yet remain together because no one else can tolerate them. Maybe an accidentaly commentary on sitcoms as most of them feature people who no-one else can stand yet bring out their worst aspects. Look at "friends"

Archived