It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia II: A starter thread?!? This is a finisher thread!!

Theda Baratheon

31 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

"Charming Taintman" is how I'm referring to him henceforth. :lol:

Kind of a mediocre episode until the end. I loved the gang being so shocked by how dark Dee went though with the dude's daughter. 

Yeah the end was fantastic.  The rest of the episode was forgettable.

14 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Charlie making that big ass lollipop out of cheese and then painting it so you couldn't tell it was cheese was classic.

That was good. I also loved how great the "juggler" line was after it took me 5 seconds to realise Charlie was probably getting confused with "gigolo" :)

I thought Dee's revenge was a little bit obvious especially with the "reunite you with your daughter"line but it was still fun/disturbing to see her enact it. I also got a good laugh at the watch and how her story was shattered at the beginning of the episode.

Does Mac always share a bed with Dee or was that just some weirdness thrown in as an extra?

4 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Mac and Dennis(and Dee) lost the bet with Frank about staying in the suburbs last season. Since they lost they all three had to share the bed with the homless black man (old man!) for a year.

That rings a bell.

3 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Mac and Dennis(and Dee) lost the bet with Frank about staying in the suburbs last season. Since they lost they all three had to share the bed with the homless black man (old man!) for a year.

Continuity! 

That was a good one. I loved the stuff about the yuck puddle. "It definitely feeds. I've found bones in it, man."

The next two episodes sound promising too

133 9 "A Cricket's Tale"[11] Jamie Babbit David Hornsby & Scott Marder March 1, 2017 XIP12001 TBD
We get to see a typical day in Cricket's world and then a possible redemption when his family intervenes.
134 10 "Dennis' Double Life"[12] Matt Shakman Charlie Day & Glenn Howerton & Rob McElhenney March 8, 2017 XIP12010 TBD
Dennis reveals he has a baby from his Wade Boggs layover in North Dakota, and everyone offers a solution for how to get him out of this jam.

Caught up, some good episodes. The yuck puddle reminded me of something though.

To this day I lament that they never went into the sinkhole in the episode 'Frank Retires'. It was a great episode, but that could have been a Goonies situation down there.

Decent episode. I think they actually managed to come close to having a moment of genuine compassion between characters (possibly a first?) when Mac gave Dennis the present. The guy who plays Dennis seems to be a genuinely good actor - almost in that sense where I wonder whether he could pull a "walter white" given the motivation/opportunity. Although I wouldn't want that if an end to Sunny was required as a catalyst

7 minutes ago, red snow said:

Decent episode. I think they actually managed to come close to having a moment of genuine compassion between characters (possibly a first?) when Mac gave Dennis the present. The guy who plays Dennis seems to be a genuinely good actor - almost in that sense where I wonder whether he could pull a "walter white" given the motivation/opportunity. Although I wouldn't want that if an end to Sunny was required as a catalyst

Have you seen Fargo season one? He was in that. Though I'm not sure how good he was all I remember is his character was weird. 

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Have you seen Fargo season one? He was in that. Though I'm not sure how good he was all I remember is his character was weird. 

I vaguely recall him in that, yeah. Farirly small part but he was decent in it and played a slightly different role to Dennis - although i recall him doing the powerless in front of overwhelming odds in a way that was reminiscent of this episode. He was apparenlty in house of cards last year as well. I always find it odd how Charlie seems to get the most film work out of the whole cast. I get the impression he's slightly less involved in the show than Mac and Dennis (so has more time?) and I guess his character is one that easily translates into films as from what I've seen he essentially plays Charlie in everything.

Glenn is without a doubt the best actor on the show (although Danny is fine too). He manages to create some genuinely scary scenes and then revert to comedy in a second. Can't be an easy task.

I wonder though how far they will take his psychopathy. Like with Mac's homosexuality (which was "resolved" recently), Dennis' serial killer-esque character arc needs to make a progression before it becomes stale and predictable.

The latest episode was great. Had me laughing out loud in a way I almost never do when watching TV. 

23 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I saw Glenn Howerton in some weird movie about a coffee shop a couple years ago. It was pretty forgettable, but he's definitely a capable actor. 

Such a forgettable movie.  I had apparently got it from Netflix on disc back when it first came out, and the it was available as streaming awhile back and I watched at least half of it before I was sure that I had already seen it.

54 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Last nights ep was just kinda sad. The Gang are such pieces of shit :lol: Cricket works better in small doses.

Funny but soul destroying as well. Although I still like how most of the characters they interact with ultimately have their own flaws too. They treat him like shit but he still threw an opportunity away. Although it was pretty dark that the gang sometimes pay him in drugs.

I enjoyed the twist

At first i was worried it was his sister but then I thought she was maybe a cat because of the bell and the show's trans-species obsession with cats. The dog made sense too though

I did enjoy the "if you spray you pay" line.

Archived