It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia II: A starter thread?!? This is a finisher thread!!

Theda Baratheon

23 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

DENNIS WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME

Hopefully because we're in the "Neglect emotionally" stage of his system, and not the "Separate entirely" one. 

• 2 months later...

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-season-13-dennis-glenn-howerton-1202860689/

“The Gang Returns–mostly–in the 13th season of the FXX original comedy series ‘It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.’ Mac (Rob McElhenney), Charlie (Charlie Day), Dee (Kaitlin Olson) and Frank (Danny DeVito) return to their duplicitous, scheming ways at Paddy’s Pub, while Dennis (Glenn Howerton) takes on the new role of father in North Dakota…Even without Dennis Reynolds, the Gang has its hands full as Charlie hopes to have a child with The Waitress, Mac sets out to understand his newfound sexuality, Dee takes feminism to new heights, and Frank goes to great lengths for the Gang to experience the greatest moment in Philadelphia sports history – an Eagles Super Bowl victory.”

I'll never understand how The Mick got cancelled and AP Bio lives on. 

• 1 month later...

McElhenney confirmed that Howerton is “in pretty much every episode” and that the writers discussed potential ideas for where the story could go without Howerton before getting the confirmation he would be coming back. Day also added that he’s in almost every episode and that they came up with some pretty good ideas for getting around his absence, including the addition of Cindy, a “new, ethically diverse female member of the gang who can successfully pull off scams,” and Mac coping by clinging to a life-like sex doll “that looks exactly like Dennis.”

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 13 will premiere September 5 at 10 p.m. EST.

I haven't watched in years but I noticed in the press release for the upcoming season it's mentioned (paraphrasing) "Mac comes to terms with his sexuality."  And apparently Charlie and the Waitress are legit together now?  In both cases, seems to me that ruins the whole schtick.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

I haven't watched in years but I noticed in the press release for the upcoming season it's mentioned (paraphrasing) "Mac comes to terms with his sexuality."  And apparently Charlie and the Waitress are legit together now?  In both cases, seems to me that ruins the whole schtick.

I thought "Mac comes to terms with his sexuality" was last year...

And it was actually funny as all hell.

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I thought "Mac comes to terms with his sexuality" was last year...

Sure you're right, but there was something to that effect mentioned and it was new to me.  Also, I'd expect that to be funny as hell - for an episode.  But I'd think afterwards you can't really go to that well anymore.

8 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I think they're all funny enough actors, and their characters are bonkers enough in multiple ways, that his repressed sexuality changing to confident sexuality won't suddenly ruin his character.

Yeah, and if they keep him closeted you run the risk of the joke getting stale.

Now they can do a fresh spin on the situation.

Looks good. I'm most curious about the brief shot of Charlie as Kramer on the Seinfeld set. Also about the new member of the gang. Hopefully it's not just a one-episode gag and she sticks around. 

Btw if any of you are twin peaks fans you should seriously join my FB group “Its Always Sunny in Twin Peaks trashposting” for crossover memes - some of them are hilarious. 

I’m super excited for this season. In my eyes overall this show does no wrong 

Archived