It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia II: A starter thread?!? This is a finisher thread!!

Theda Baratheon

One of the reasons this feels like a classic Sunny episode (which I say these past couple seasons have been a little light on), was how it pretty much followed the Sunny formula. The beginning sets up a concept for them all to get obsessed with (art or what art is) then they each split off to do their own thing and how to make money on it. Mac, Charlie and Frank with the gallery, and Dennis and Dee with the erotic memoirs. Eventually their little groups tear themselves apart because none of them agree on anything. Have one that goes completely off the rails and basically drop the whole thing (Charlie with Richard Greico). Throw in some unsuspecting Philadelphia citizens who have no idea what these people are like, throw in a notable side character, and you've got a funny ass episode. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I love the lawyer hahahah and I always love seeing Cricket. Who else misses the McPoyles though????

Looking at the upcoming episode names, it looks like they'll be back in a few weeks:

Spoiler

"Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs"

"Being Frank"

"McPoyle vs. Ponderosa: The Trial of the Century"

"Charlie Catches a Leprechaun"

"The Gang Goes to Hell"

"The Gang Goes to Hell: Part 2"

I'm most looking forward to "Being Frank," but also really curious about the last two.

9 minutes ago, Fat Mac said:

Amazing episode. Dennis in Philly traffic was fucking hysterical.

That was my one problem with the episode.  Why is Dennis driving in rush hour traffic anyways?  I loved watching them crack though, especially Dennis' reveal that he had been hearing the smoke detector the entire time :lol: 

That was a classic episode. I've been there with the beeping smoke detector too!

The episode was packed with great moments throughout. I liked how the husband and wife played out and Mac's utter disregard for the dog. Old Man vs Black Man got a few chuckles as well.

Hopefully we'll get a Frank and Charlie episode down the road too.

22 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

This fan theory is a good read: Dennis killed Brian LeFevre.

That was amazing!
They also have one on the identity of the Nightman. I'm reading it now

• Uncle Jack is the Nightman and he molested Charlie as a child.
  • Charlie's mom is the troll.
  • Mac is the Dayman.

I was a bit iffy on the 1st episode and the ski slope one but these last two are classic Always Sunny episodes that I can see myself rewatching a bunch of times when they go up on netflix (which thankfully they seem to go up pretty early after the season ends for the UK)

those theories are pretty good and it reminds me of the incredibly dark tone to the show. The serial killer thing seems very compelling - we've all thought it but now there's compelling evidence to suggest the show has gone there

8 minutes ago, The Monkey said:

The latest episode (no 5) was one of the best one in the show's history. Dennis' continuous decent into malicious madness is glorious. Glenn should get all the rewards there are.

That's a good point. Glenn does seem interesting work on the show that I often don't notice because the show is generally raw. He should do more stuff (he was different in Fargo). It seems like Charlie Day has had the most success when it comes to films.

19 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

The latest one was the best of the season so far for sure. Dennis had me laughing harder than I have laughed at Sunny in a long time. The dog bit didn't really work for me though..

I liked the dog part mainly because of the lead up from Mac of promising to love it like it was their child - only to immediately forget about it. Which sums up most of the cast  perfectly.

Archived