Jump to content
Theda Baratheon

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia II: A starter thread?!? This is a finisher thread!!

Recommended Posts

Informal poll, do we think we're actually going to see the Gang judged by some version of a supreme being*? Or was the opening scene some kind of fake out? I could easily see a booze-free cruise being the Gang's version of hell.

*Contenders for Sunny's Supreme being :

  • Mac's version of god who appreciates sweet moves. (from "The Gang Saves The Day")
  • The Space Turtle (from "Mac and Dennis Start a Cult")
  • A fully realized Dennis from an alternate future.
  • Cricket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Informal poll, do we think we're actually going to see the Gang judged by some version of a supreme being*? Or was the opening scene some kind of fake out? I could easily see a booze-free cruise being the Gang's version of hell.

*Contenders for Sunny's Supreme being :

  • Mac's version of god who appreciates sweet moves. (from "The Gang Saves The Day")
  • The Space Turtle (from "Mac and Dennis Start a Cult")
  • A fully realized Dennis from an alternate future.
  • Cricket. 
  • Dolph Lundgren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Great episode. I thought everything worked here. Charlie's "Who's the other guy?" was such an easy joke, but it really made me laugh.

Yeah, I think that was the point. The characters themselves rarely make jokes they are consciously aware of so having Charlie crack one that is funny (while being obvious) was a great opportunity.

I imagine the opening scene is in some way connected with ship-fuel mixers. Another option is that they wind up on a stage that has heaven as a backdrop. There was a christian talent show on afterall.

Mac cracked me up with all of his guilt and his ability to be swayed instantly. The whole "I'm gay" bit was great. I do hope they leave him as "out" now and don't find a way of putting him back in the closet though.

Dennis was really uncomfortable viewing - especially with the way he warps his perception. Sad thing is his behaviour probably isn't far fetched for a lot of female viewers watching the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, red snow said:

Mac cracked me up with all of his guilt and his ability to be swayed instantly. The whole "I'm gay" bit was great. I do hope they leave him as "out" now and don't find a way of putting him back in the closet though.

I don't know...Mac being in the closet is one of the better running jokes in the series.  They just had one of the best visual gags of the year last week when he showed up in a tank top and covered in green glitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, I loved how shocked Charlie was to find out that people drink "mixers" by themselves.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, briantw said:

I don't know...Mac being in the closet is one of the better running jokes in the series.  They just had one of the best visual gags of the year last week when he showed up in a tank top and covered in green glitter.

It is funny but I suspect there's also other things they can do with an out Mac. Then again a principle of the show (a mockery in itself of sitcoms) is that the main characters rarely change. So maybe i is better to continue the running gag. I get the feeling it will be funny either way.

I like Dee's version of hell. In a sense it's true of all of them. 5 toxic people who bring out the worst in each other yet remain together because no one else can tolerate them. Maybe an accidentaly commentary on sitcoms as most of them feature people who no-one else can stand yet bring out their worst aspects. Look at "friends"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:
  • Dolph Lundgren

Good one. The question is would it be the actual guy? Or a giant nose with Dolph Lundren's body?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RumHam said:

Good one. The question is would it be the actual guy? Or a giant nose with Dolph Lundren's body?

Dunno but either way I bet he hangs dong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dee has got to be my favorite character on the show. I love the way she and Dennis feed off each other when they team up and the way she has her own version of the Implication. The Reynolds family is so fucked up lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/03/2016 at 4:24 PM, briantw said:

By the way, I loved how shocked Charlie was to find out that people drink "mixers" by themselves.  

That was really funny. 

 

This episode was weird but still satisfyingly funny. I just didn't like Mac coming out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not as good as part 1 for me but I have to keep in mind this was literally a closed box episode so they did incredibly well not to be dull at all.

There were still some great moments eg impressions, Dennis' onion trick and his love of Dee and the Stomp scene (I liked how if they didn't talk they could actually work well together).

I take it that was the last of the current season? If so, it was a very strong one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, red snow said:

not as good as part 1 for me but I have to keep in mind this was literally a closed box episode so they did incredibly well not to be dull at all.

There were still some great moments eg impressions, Dennis' onion trick and his love of Dee and the Stomp scene (I liked how if they didn't talk they could actually work well together).

I take it that was the last of the current season? If so, it was a very strong one.

Yes, that was the season finale. It was ok, had a few laughs, but nowhere near as good as the rest of the season. But overall they're still on top of their game. This season had some true classics. So impressive for a show on it's 10th season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Yes, that was the season finale. It was ok, had a few laughs, but nowhere near as good as the rest of the season. But overall they're still on top of their game. This season had some true classics. So impressive for a show on it's 10th season. 

I think this was the end of the 11th season. Besides that minor quibble I totally agree with the rest of your post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels weird as hell to say for this show, but did anybody else actually find it super touching when Mac said "let's go be with the gang"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Feels weird as hell to say for this show, but did anybody else actually find it super touching when Mac said "let's go be with the gang"?

Yeah, that was nice. So was Dennis telling Dee he loved her. Real emotions coming from Dennis seems so odd though. :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, RumHam said:

Dennis's CCH Pounder impression was amazing. 

Yes, yes it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Grand Moff Mithrandir said:

The imaginary dinner scene was amazing:lol:

Also, Amazing graaace how sweet the sauce

I liked Mac's "actor" pose when the scene broke down. Great piss take of acting class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 10, 2016 at 11:48 AM, RumHam said:

Yeah that one was just ok. Dennis's CCH Pounder impression was amazing. 

Best part of the ep for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×