Theda Baratheon

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia II: A starter thread?!? This is a finisher thread!!

4 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Maybe the weakest episode of Sunny I've ever seen. This season has been really up and down so far.

Yeah, on the whole it wasn't very good.  I thought the teaser was phenomenal, though.  Just a shame the episode itself wasn't great.

Also loved...
"Is this why we had to wait for you to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond?"
"Yes, bitch."

Edited by briantw

Thought it was maybe just me watching it when tired as I also thought it was fairly weak. Maybe if I knew who the UFC fighters were or had any interest in it it would have added something? It just felt a little lazy is all but there were still some laughs.

I loved the episode. I kept having to check my laughter out of fear I would wake my girl up several times. That's a good one by my count.

I'm an MMA fan and all you need to know is that Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone and Paul "the Irish dragon" (iirc) are both legitimately bad assed motherfuckers. Cerrone is the much more well known of the two. But, even being an MMA fan, I can't say that their presence really added much to me. I'm not particularly interested in cameos, even of people from shit I'm into. 

It does explain all those articles and interviews several months ago with Cowboy and one of the writers from its always sunny hanging out and training together, so that was of minor interest, I suppose.

I just loved the lunacy in the episode. Frank mixing up Boka Ratan (sp? I don't know, I don't care) and Boko Haram (sp? again, I don't know, I don't care). Frank then trying to somewhat whitewash Boko Haram?

The fact Mac thought he could get away with self-proclaiming his product the "Official drink of the UFC"?

Dennis' spokesman abilities paying off early, then Dee opening up her mouth and the downward spiral?

Mac and Charlie's bullshit coming back to the parent company, owned by Frank, and now his problem?

None of this stuff resonated?

The whole "Crow-tein" and its related advertising campaign has always amused me. Again, just the lunacy factor. 

Another episode where I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it even more if I was familiar with the "making a murderer" show. It's always a gamble with specific spoofs but it worked well enough even without the familiarity.

The only disappointment for me was that they didn't delve into any of the other suspicous backgrounds of Denis and the online theory that he may already be a murderer.

I did like how the show made him out to be a murderer at the end just so they could dodge being sued for causing Dee's neck rash.

I think the episode highlighted how Dennis is my favourite character by a wide margin these days. It used to be Charlie but there isn't that much to him.

6 minutes ago, red snow said:

The only disappointment for me was that they didn't delve into any of the other suspicous backgrounds of Denis and the online theory that he may already be a murderer.

I actually got a whole bunch of new views on that blog post over night. Wasn't sure why until I saw the new episode :lol:

Edited by Let's Get Kraken

2 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

I actually got a whole bunch of new views on that blog post over the past week. Wasn't sure why until I saw last night's episode :lol:

Great to hear it's getting some more love. It'll probably go up even more over the next 24 hours.

Time for an update, surely?

7 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I went ahead and fixed that for you.  ...Yeah

:agree:

They also spoofed The Jinx btw. The part were Frank talked to himself not realizing his mic was still on was exactly what Robert Durst did. 

I finally watched the episode and while I found parts amusing, I was disappointing that it only slightly touched on the "Dennis is a psycho-monster" plot thread.

More seriously though I thought the "Charlie as Brendon Dassey" thing was fucked up. That guy has been in jail for ten years based on a bullshit elicited confession (as documented in Making a Murderer.) Charlie Day actually seemed to adjust his voice to mimic the man, who was like 16 when he gave the much criticized police interview that they seem to be referencing there that led to his conviction. 

There were a couple of funny moments and the idea was clever, but by and large I thought the episode just fell flat.  It wasn't funny enough to be a successful spoof of Making a Murderer.

On 2/2/2017 at 10:40 AM, Nictarion said:

:agree:

They also spoofed The Jinx btw. The part were Frank talked to himself not realizing his mic was still on was exactly what Robert Durst did. 

Frank going all Robert Durst was my favorite part of this episode, though Mac doing Austin Powers and Borat was close behind.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

There were a couple of funny moments and the idea was clever, but by and large I thought the episode just fell flat.  It wasn't funny enough to be a successful spoof of Making a Murderer.

The waterpark has been my favourite episode so far as it wasn't relying on parody whereas the rest of the season has been musical, reality tv/sitcom, UFC, or documentary based. I guess you could argue the water park episode assumes awareness of water parks but I feel full enjoyment of the other episodes has required a familiarity with the subject matter. Not that the episodes have been terrible but they haven't clicked as well as the waterpark episode for me.

I've been enjoying this season so far. I'd have to say the water park episode was my favorite in terms of laughs, and feels the most "classic Sunny." The other episodes are going in the direction of "themed" episodes so to speak, like the Gang turns Black or Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer, and while funny, it's not why I think Sunny is so great.

44 minutes ago, Fat Mac said:

I've been enjoying this season so far. I'd have to say the water park episode was my favorite in terms of laughs, and feels the most "classic Sunny." The other episodes are going in the direction of "themed" episodes so to speak, like the Gang turns Black or Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer, and while funny, it's not why I think Sunny is so great.

Where the fuck you been Fat Mac?