Is there something that you really don't want to see happen in the series?

Jon ending up as a King or as the Lord of the North.

Jon marrying either his aunt or his sister-cousins

The IT still existing. 

Sansa (or Arya) getting raped like in the show.

Littlefinger ending up satisfy in any way.

Varys succeding.

Tyrion riding a Dragon.

Any Stark children dying during the Winter.

Dany going crazy or ever making it to Westeros: I want her to clean up her mess (or just be killed by Drogon and let others clean her mess for her) and be judged and tormented for all the suffering she caused for the rest of her life (Not tortured, but she could be executed). Westeros will do more than fine without her. What were they doing in all those thousand years they had no Targs? They can continue doing that. I do not want her to save anything.

Sansa neither becoming a queen nor having a brutal ending: A normal happy sort of life would be fine.

Theon ending up as a sacrifice to someone: He had his share of pain, let him enjoy some love and happiness, and let him be heard for once.

Tyrion never being truly happy or given the chance to beg forgiveness from Tysha: It could even be at his dying moment, mistaking someone else for Tysha (although I really want her to hear him tell her the truth even if she never forgives him, it helps the victims sometimes).

Jon being actually dead and be resurrected: I really liked him as a normal human. I don't want another extremist in the story, don't be have enough of them already?

Arya being an assassin and never having a chance to claim a normal life: I do not need to see a happy ending in the books, existence of a chance would be enough for me

Davos losing another son: Just NO.

LSH to never see any of her children again: I read here than fans say she is not Cat anymore (based on a SSM apparently), if that is the case then I do not care. I so passionately hated Cat the whole time I read her story, but her chapter in RedWedding was the only time I actually talked to the books saying: "Close your eyes, close your eyes" (which is really stupid, I know). Witnessing your son being brutally murdered in front of you is just too much. Someone should really set her free.

Dany sitting the iron throne. But i think i could give it a pass if she recovered from her general brat behaviour and became more likeable in the next books. That is: never.

On 22/01/2016 at 10:42 AM, INCBlackbird said:

Theon dying, if that happens I'm out

Goodbye.

On 2/1/2016 at 0:06 PM, ShadowCat Rivers said:

It seems that the actual text contradicts this view, whether you think it logical or not: Varamyr did not manage to subjugate the freefolk, they did not want him as their king, but accepted Mance instead, who was not a skinchanger. Mance also had the power to forbid Varamyr from taking Ghost, even though he very much wanted to. Which means that those humans cannot "achieve whatever they want". On the contrary, we've had accounts of dragonlords doing pretty much whatever they wanted and answer to none, enslave peoples etc.

However, I am all for the survival of dragons, as long as all humans lose the ability to control them, for good and forever. No exception. Wild dragons are fine; their human owners are not.

Actually, the text shows Varamyr did subjugate a village of freefolk. He lorded over them, stealing women and killing anyone that dared defy him. Let's not forget Bloodraven who ruled with "a thousand eyes and one". He's still alive and there are less than 5 people that are aware of that. Which means there is no one for him to answer to. Skinchanging/warging can be a dangerous ability.

There are also shadowbinders to consider. Red priests that can see into the future.

It's unfair to single out dragonriders as the worst of the worst when there are other forces with dangerous powers as well.

12 hours ago, RoamingRonin said:

Actually, the text shows Varamyr did subjugate a village of freefolk. He lorded over them, stealing women and killing anyone that dared defy him. Let's not forget Bloodraven who ruled with "a thousand eyes and one". He's still alive and there are less than 5 people that are aware of that. Which means there is no one for him to answer to. Skinchanging/warging can be a dangerous ability.

There are also shadowbinders to consider. Red priests that can see into the future.

It's unfair to single out dragonriders as the worst of the worst when there are other forces with dangerous powers as well.

They are the ones with the highest potential of large-scale destruction, field of fire and -mainly- the destruction of the Rhoynar sort of stuff. In that sense, a village is too poor of a "feat".

But, single dragonriders are not that dangerous; they could be dealt with by means of a good old murder and I really think that it it's only of convenience that it's not been use more in series. Sure they'd have enough power to afford being well guarded off-dragon as well, but really, so was Joffrey, for examble.

Btw, as I said before, I think I'd subscribe to the maesters' agenda - no magic, in general.

1 hour ago, ShadowCat Rivers said:

They are the ones with the highest potential of large-scale destruction, field of fire and -mainly- the destruction of the Rhoynar sort of stuff. In that sense, a village is too poor of a "feat".

But, single dragonriders are not that dangerous; they could be dealt with by means of a good old murder and I really think that it it's only of convenience that it's not been use more in series. Sure they'd have enough power to afford being well guarded off-dragon as well, but really, so was Joffrey, for examble.

Btw, as I said before, I think I'd subscribe to the maesters' agenda - no magic, in general.

Perhaps. I think the skin-changing and greenseeing will play a huge part in the history of the Others but that remains to be seen.

3 hours ago, khal drogon said:

Dany Jon marrying.

Jon becoming king except may be Night king.

I don't mind if magic goes away. But both ice and fire magic should go. If dragons die out all wargs should too.

The Others turning out to be good guys.

No...no...no...no 

The dragons' counterpart are the Others. You can't equate the death of beasts to the death of people.

• 1 year later...

Jon/Daenerys - they will meet and be partners in the fight against the others but i don't ship them romantically. I'd rather see them staying allies and friends.

Sansa and Arya dying - I want a happy ending for them.

Jon becoming king - And i honestly don't see it happening tbh.

Archived