New Season 6 Promos

Westeros

Today, HBO’s official Game of Thrones Twitter announced the start of a new promotion for the upcoming sixth season of Game of Thrones with this intriguing tweet:

And the masses did just as they asked, flooding the account with their allegiance. What followed were three, individualized tweets whose responses included a very brief teaser video with voice overs from actors Iwan Rheon (Ramsay), Jonathan Pryce (the High Sparrow), and an unidentified actor playing a Dothraki. We’ve embedded these three responses below:

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

3 hours ago, Myself656 said:

I'm almost wondering if we won't get a lot of the ADWD Northern plot turning up in season six after all in much the same way we're supposed to be getting Jaime's Riverlands plot this coming season.

Getting Iron Islands for sure too.  Though it will probably be way off the books, Dorne style.

4 hours ago, aFeastForDragons said:

So Jon comes back to life and starts a fight with Ramsey? I'm very confused how they re going to make this work after scraping the source material. 

Perhaps it wasn't so much 'scrapping' as 'delaying' (or more likely, they planned on skipping it due to lack of time in their originally planned seven seasons, but after deciding to expand the story to at least eight seasons they had more room and so are coming back to those story points).

For example, I could see a Manderly plot come back around in the runup to the expected Battle of the Bastards as the Boltons look to win over allies. Heck, I could almost see a modified Jeyne Poole arc out of it (they bring in a double to hide the fact that they've lost Sansa) if not for the fact that they had Theon jump off the wall with Sansa.

10 hours ago, aFeastForDragons said:

So Jon comes back to life and starts a fight with Ramsey? I'm very confused how they re going to make this work after scraping the source material. 

You're forgetting Davos. I'm guessing he'll have something to do with it. He already made some good arguments last season for why Jon and the Wildlings should fight.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived