Trailer thread II

AncalagonTheBlack

Roadies | Official Trailer | SHOWTIME Series

Premiere of Roadies on Sunday June 26th at 10PM ET/PT on SHOWTIME.

Roadies gives an insider’s look at the reckless, romantic, funny and often poignant lives of a committed group of “roadies” who live for music and the de facto family they’ve formed along the way. The music-infused ensemble comedy series chronicles the rock world through the eyes of music's unsung heroes and puts the spotlight on the backstage workers who put the show on the road while touring the United States for a successful arena-level band.

Starring Luke Wilson, Carla Gugino, Imogen Poots,Rafe Spall, Keisha Castle-Hughes, Peter Cambor, Colson Baker a.k.a. Machine Gun Kelly and Ron White star in the ensemble cast. Luis Guzman, Jacqueline Byers, Finesse Mitchell, Branscombe Richmond and Tanc Sade guest star.

Created, written, executive produced and directed by Oscar winner Cameron Crowe and executive produced by J.J. Abrams and Winnie Holzman.

11 hours ago, Astromech said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96EChBYVFhU

Hahaha. Either amazing or terrible.

I'm going to put my chips on terrible based on the trailer :P 

On 12-2-2016 at 5:28 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

This movie baffles me. For starters, the very idea that the original SWatH is getting a sequel is just mad, because that film was terrible. I also just can't wrap my head around the timeline? Is this a prequel? Or a sequel? Or a mix of both? Terribly confusing. And despite all that, I can't really root against this. There seem to be four major roles, three of which are played by women. That's something you don't get to see in your typical Hollywood blockbuster everyday sadly. So based on that I want this to be good, but I don't think it can be :dunno:

32 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Oh, this looks great :o Didn't expect it to be a series, but I'm very intrigued. 

3 hours ago, Veltigar said:

This movie baffles me. For starters, the very idea that the original SWatH is getting a sequel is just mad, because that film was terrible. I also just can't wrap my head around the timeline? Is this a prequel? Or a sequel? Or a mix of both? Terribly confusing. And despite all that, I can't really root against this. There seem to be four major roles, three of which are played by women. That's something you don't get to see in your typical Hollywood blockbuster everyday sadly. So based on that I want this to be good, but I don't think it can be :dunno:

But no doubt the one male lead will save the day. So, yeah, best to move along.

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Reviews from when it showed at TIFF are actually pretty positive.

Really? Well, when I think a movie is going to suck, I always like it when I'm proven wrong, but I don't know this seems so shoddy at times. Plus, the PoV thing, I don't feel like it works. I still haven't watched Anthony Quinn's The Message because of this and this seems like it isn't of that calibre :P 

33 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

But no doubt the one male lead will save the day. So, yeah, best to move along.

Yeah true, but in your typical Hollywood movie, you have three male characters to one female and the men still decide what happens. At least, the female characters appear to be consequential in this movie. But yeah, they'll probably fuck it up.  

32 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Mark your movie trailer calendars. Ghosbusters trailer will premiere 3/3/16. Here's a super serious tease.

This growing trend that trailers are events in themselves that need their own trailers is baffling to me. The first Batman vs Superman trailer got a cinematic release all of its own ffs. The world's gone crazy.

2 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

Really? Well, when I think a movie is going to suck, I always like it when I'm proven wrong, but I don't know this seems so shoddy at times. Plus, the PoV thing, I don't feel like it works. I still haven't watched Anthony Quinn's The Message because of this and this seems like it isn't of that calibre :P  

Yeah, how tolerable the gopro thing is going to be over 90 minutes is going to be a big part of it.

But a lot is also going to depend on the balance of humour, and by most accounts, plus judging from the trailer and the original short, the director's got a good handle on the ridiculous, wink-wink Crank sort. That's what this movie is going to be most comparable to I think, and since I really like Crank I'm looking forward to this.

4 hours ago, polishgenius said:

This growing trend that trailers are events in themselves that need their own trailers is baffling to me. The first Batman vs Superman trailer got a cinematic release all of its own ffs. The world's gone crazy.

That and the fact that some a lot of trailers have advertisements in front of them on youtube drives me nuts.

The problem with the modern Hollywood movie is that the profit margins for many movie is so low that movies HAVE to be successes or they might destroys studios. 

In that way studios aren't taking risks, they need a good opening, so they need to get that built in audience and build anticipation as much as they possibly can. 

So now trailers have become vital in their marketing.  Look at how successful Deadpool has been, and its had possibly one of the best marketing campaigns I've ever seen

Archived