Tell me your mad theory and I will find proof of it - Part 2

a free shadow

The first thread was lost here.

With the new order, I will not answer all the theories, it will be done by everyone called poster below.

The previous thread ended with this:

"Tyrion and Selyse had an affair."

Here is the proof:

It is never explained how Shireen has gotten grayscale. It is never explained how Selyse got interested in R'hllor.

But we know that some (not many) years ago a trading galley brought a grayscale outbreak to Pentos and that R'hllor is worshipped in Tyrosh.

The men of Pentos are known to dye their beards. The people of Tyrosh are known to dye everything, including their hair.

Therefore it is true that both grayscale and R'hllor were brought o Dragonstone by hair dye merchants.

Selyse spoke with the Tyroshi merchants and got the case of R'hllor. Contaminated hair dye from Pentos was used on Shireen and she got a case of grayscale.

The dye was used to conceal the blonde hair Shireen has.

8 minutes ago, Veloknight said:

Insane theory: Instead of being abducted, Lyanna found Rhaegar in a spot of difficulty/danger and politics, and saved his life, fleeing with him to Dorne, where they fell in love.

This is easy (and I like it! It's actually not insane). 

A) We have a clear precedent of Lyanna helping someone in trouble: when she scared off the squires who were bullying Howland. So rescuing people = totally in character for Lyanna.

B ) At Harrenhal, Aerys finally took the last step to ensure his friendship (?)/business relationship with Tywin was unequivocally over: he gave Jaime a white cloak. We know Aerys left the RK for the first time in years to go to Harrenhal most likely because he was told (by Varys, who else?) that there was a plot cooking there between Rhaegar, Tywin, Whent, etc. So he must've seen or heard something that confirmed his suspicions if he decided to go through with such a bold move as to break away from Tywin. Being that Rhaegar was the other big suspect of conspiracy, it stands to reason that Aerys was planning on moving against him as well. 

C) We saw how Aerys, in his uber paranoid, jumpy state, reacted to the presence of the Knight of the Laughing Tree: he ordered Rhaegar and the KG to capture and unmask the mystery knight, which goes totally against the protocol of a tourney. So we know Aerys was hyper crazy and impulsive, in the right mood for ordering a hit on Rhaegar. 

D) But not even Aerys was crazy enough to attack Rhaegar in front of everyone in the realm. He waited for the tourney to be over, and (even more paranoid about the southron ambitions conspiracy after Rhaegar crowned Lyanna Stark) he decided to get rid of Rhaegar. But he couldn't send the KG (his KG, not Rhaegar's 3) to such a mission, it was too risky. Who then? As Joffrey taught us, whenever there's the royal family, there's freeriders willing to do treason. And even more so at such a big tourney. Aerys just had to get some lowborn scumbags and tell them to attack and kill Rhaegar and his 3 KG, no questions asked. It'd be hard, but the reward would be great, and the ambushers would have the element of surprise. Aerys would then command Rhaegar and his pals to go and find the Knight of the Laughing Tree in the roads nearby, and then he'd sent the would-be assassins on their track. And I have an alternate idea: we know Whent was probably Team Rhaegar from the start, but what about the other two? We know they were friends, yeah, but what if Dayne or Hightower were in Aerys' payroll at first, and he commanded one of them to kill Rhaegar and the other 2. So Dayne or whatever attacked Rhaegar but then Lyanna showed up and defended him, Dayne saw the error of his ways and the light of Rhaegar. And knowing Aerys was after them all (Lyanna included because of the crown thing), Dayne suggested they hide in Dorne, coz Aerys wouldn't find them there. 

Okay, that's done, now someone do mine:

Rolly Duckfield was a Vulture King

There is going to be a 7 vs 7 trial by combat for Joffrey's murder between Sansa and Cersei.

Team Sansa: Sandor, Brienne, Jaime, Podrick, Loras, Bronn and Arya

Team Cersei: UnGregor, Ilyn Payne, 3 Kettleblack brothers, Meryn Trant and Boros Blount.

Jaime will defeat Trant,Blount and 3 Kettleblacks by himself; UnGregor kills Loras, Bronn and Brienne; Arya kills Ilyn Payne who manages to kill Podrick before that; Sandor and Jaime defeat and kill UnGregor after which Sandor succumbs to his wounds; Jaime goes to confront Cersei and dies together with her; Arya and Sansa escape burning by wildfire King's Landing on Sandor's horse Stranger.

I have my little proofs, but I want people to help me with this.

1 hour ago, Beautiful Bloody Sword said:

Robb Stark was not Eddard's son, but was Brandon's with Cat.

Well, it's very clear that Bran is Catelyn's favorite child (or at least the one over whom she is most protective), and Bran is named for Brandon. We assume Ned named him, but maybe not? Furthermore, while Cat thinks that Eddard isn't as handsome as Brandon, she is very much in love with Ned and her affection for her oldest Ned-borne child shows in this. This could also motivate some of her fears about Jon Snow - if she doubts Robb's legitimacy and fears someone like Jon might call attention to it, or worse, exploit it.

Plus, while Cat isn't very nice to Jon Snow, Cersei's thoughts imply that Cat's reaction to him is softer than expected. If they are, maybe Cat accepts Ned's silence in part because of her own past with Brandon!

Aerion Targaryen was not mad nor cruel. Both he and Daeron had dragon dreams of the War The Dawn and ultimately that The Prince That Was Promised will actually die in battle and rise again as The Night's King. His threats to castrate Aegon was about preventing this, but he could not go through with it.

34 minutes ago, Lord Wraith said:

I know I'm wrong, I know I'm crazy, but Mance is Rhaegar.  

I'm working on a post at the moment that has a few extra things to think about in that he has left out.

I'm not one to buy into crackpot theories, but if you do a bit of research and have a think about it, it's been getting more and more plausible the more I read and the more I think about it

6 hours ago, Trogdor Targaryen said:

Theon is the prince who was promised. The twist is in terms of his culture following the others(unknowingly) and his captivity to the pro-cotf Starks was a violation of an ancient treaty, which is why the others have begun stirring as of late.

:mellow: > :huh: > :shocked: > :o > :eek:  = my thought process reading your theory. It's brilliant.

As for my own: Arya will ride a dragon, due to foreshadowing in TPATQ.

1 hour ago, Maester of Valyria said:

:mellow: > :huh: > :shocked: > :o > :eek:  = my thought process reading your theory. It's brilliant.

As for my own: Arya will ride a dragon, due to foreshadowing in TPATQ.

What foreshadowing, Nettles? When I picture Nettles, I see a similar image as when I think Alleras/Sarella. If I understand your reasoning, I am inclined to believe the sphinx to be a more likely candidate. Though, if I misunderstand, please clarify why you think this of Arya.

I think the link with Arya and Nettles is their appearances - race aside - and being foul-mouthed and brave.

But I actually do think the dragonseeds were distant Targaryen descendants, and that that those dragons were bonded to the bloodline via Valyrian sorcery. Not sure about Dany's dragons, but don't see any Stark riding one.

Other than Jon... ;)

Archived