Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

53 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

What can I say other than LOL? 

No idea why I'm quoting myself, I was trying to quote GeorgeIAF's post again...

The alleged leak you posted is not a leak, just a comment someone posted on 4chan, 10th post down:

http://boards.4chan.org/tv/thread/65216229/its-happening-whos-it-going-to-be-boys

2 hours ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Why the fuck not, after all.

Seriously, there's nothing in the show that indicates that aspect of the character, nothing organic about it. But that's the show for ya. 

Sorry for breaking it for you people, but isn´t this like one of the most common theories how will Jon Snow act after resurrection /R´hllorization? 

3 hours ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Alleged leaked description of Jon in S6 (i made a thread about it but it needs to be aproved) : 

"He [Jon] comes back from death and abandons the Nights Watch, twisting his view of duty into a sick ambition for power as he "legitimises himself" by claiming right to the Kingdom of the North, becoming a dissonant mirror of the worst qualities of Ned, Robb and Stannis to become a feral beast of an unliving, unloving northern king. 

Backed by opportunistic northerners that are driven by bloodlust and revenge and fuelled by the mysterious magic of the foreign priestess of his spiritual predecessor, Jon Stark shows how good can be tainted totally." 

This is from 4chan, how do you know it's a spoiler/leaked?

11 minutes ago, Rhodan said:

Sorry for breaking it for you people, but isn´t this like one of the most common theories how will Jon Snow act after resurrection /R´hllorization? 

Sorry to break it to you, but maybe it's time for you to do a re-read. There may be 'several theories' about it, but it means fuck all. There are also several theories saying Benjen is Daario, and many others much worse than that. :)

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Sorry to break it to you, but maybe it's time for you to do a re-read. There may be 'several theories' about it, but it means fuck all. There are also several theories saying Benjen is Daario, and many others much worse than that. :)

Daario is Euron! Of course, the show cast someone else for Euron, but that theory is still around, even though they don't have jet packs in the books, so this was never possible. They kept saying GRRM said there's more to Daario than meets the eye, but I searched for that quote, and never could find it.

(Also thanks for finding that, that wasn't a spoiler, it was speculation.)

1 hour ago, Rhodan said:

First of all , theory =/= fact. Then I'll simply tell you that so far every character change in the series has been the fruit of said character's growth, carefully developped throughout the first five  books. If this happens in the books (and that's a big if), I doubt it would be as nonsensical and irrational as...this thing.

6 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Daario is Euron! Of course, the show cast someone else for Euron, but that theory is still around, even though they don't have jet packs in the books, so this was never possible. They kept saying GRRM said there's more to Daario than meets the eye, but I searched for that quote, and never could find it.

I'll just agree with the others, you can't go by 4chan...

Well, it seems doubtful taken like that, but once you take into account that he's also Benjen and Syrio...

18 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Well, it seems doubtful taken like that, but once you take into account that he's also Benjen and Syrio...

That's true. And Syrio isn't dead, and Benjen is Coldhands, although GRRM nixed that in his notes to his editor. Everyone is everyone because nothing is just nothing.

For all the subtlety of the writing, he's really a rather straightforward author. He's not going to overly complicate things, he never has in all this time. It's always there in the story itself.

more below...

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

dissonant mirror

Jon Snow, the dissonant mirror* that needs some bad pussy!  STAT!   :rofl:

*Dissonant mirror?  Even if this is just crap from 4Chan, it sounds so perfect for the D's

14 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I'll just agree with the others, you can't go by 4chan...

Of course, my bad! How could I have forgotten that he's Euron! :lol:

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

That's true. And Syrio isn't dead, and Benjen is Coldhands, although GRRM nixed that in his notes to his editor. Everyone is everyone because nothing is just nothing.

For all the subtlety of the writing, he's really a rather straightforward author. He's not going to overly complicate things, he never has in all this time. It's always there in the story itself.

And power is power. Let's smash some beetles.

You're right; he's not going to make things complicated just for the sake of it. When he is it's only be because it serves his character/helps get across his message/the plot.

I feel like a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the coming books, because we've been waiting for so long that we've pretty much made up an infinite amount of theories that will amount to nothing (since they're only coming from our bored minds).

11 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

First of all , theory =/= fact. Then I'll simply tell you that so far every character change in the series has been the fruit of said character's growth, carefully developped throughout the first five  books. If this happens in the books (and that's a big if), I doubt it would be as nonsensical and irrational as...this thing.

Theory is not fact!   Please, say it isn't so!  This is Westoros.org after all!   :P

8 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Spot on, couldn't agree more. And imo there is no way Martin is going to pull a D&D and create a nonsensical twist with characters going 180° out of the blue. He's too good a writer, and more importantly, he is telling a story, not trolling fans like the Ds.  

14 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Theories aren´t the facts but fans created them for a reason. And let´s not forgot that there is very little to expect Jon will be similar to his old self. Effects of r´hllorian resurrections were allready established and he might lost even more of himself becouse of the warging.

15 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

I feel like a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the coming books, because we've been waiting for so long that we've pretty much made up an infinite amount of theories that will amount to nothing (since they're only coming from our bored minds).

Yes, and you don't detract from your message by cramming in so many distractions, they miss the forest for the trees. He's a storyteller, first and foremost. He said this, "Not every detail is a clue. Most of your theories are erroneous. They are just words."

(That was at a recent book signing...)

2 minutes ago, Rhodan said:

Theories aren´t the facts but fans created them for a reason. And let´s not forgot that there is very little to expect Jon will be similar to his old self. Effects of r´hllorian resurrections were allready established and he might lost even more of himself becouse of the warging.

Again, my main beef isn't whether it will happen or not. The issue is that the show has empty shells for characters (at best), and that I'm pretty sure nothing has led an will lead Jon into becoming like that. But everyone will think it's badass, so who cares.

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Yes, and you don't detract from your message by cramming in so many distractions, they miss the forest for the trees. He's a storyteller, first and foremost. He said this, "Not every detail is a clue. Most of your theories are erroneous. They are just words."

Exactly. Not everything can be a Chekov's gun, or else you're not telling a story anymore, and well, it becomes a clusterfuck.

Archived