American Gods on Starz

Mark Antony

If Alexander was taking a very rough or bad retake on the series - this might be more of a good sign than a bad one, since Fuller and Green were actually doing a fantastic job. (If we want to take a very optimistic take on this news).

But yeah - the instability can't be good for the future of this series. And yeah, my gut is telling me that actors rewriting dialogue doesn't sound promising at all. (Unless we are talking about an incredibly rare species of actor). 

It tickles me thinking that McShane and Alexander were screaming at each other on set.

3 hours ago, snowleper said:

If Alexander was taking a very rough or bad retake on the series - this might be more of a good sign than a bad one, since Fuller and Green were actually doing a fantastic job. (If we want to take a very optimistic take on this news).

But yeah - the instability can't be good for the future of this series. And yeah, my gut is telling me that actors rewriting dialogue doesn't sound promising at all. (Unless we are talking about an incredibly rare species of actor). 

It tickles me thinking that McShane and Alexander were screaming at each other on set.

A behind the scenes "making of season 2" would probably be very entertaining.

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

We got a season 2 trailer.

Still looking forward to it but really sad it’s not Fuller and there’s no Kristen Chenoweth (I should bloody remember her name spelling as I’m Cornish myself !!! But probably got it wrong) or Gillian Anderson 

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Still looking forward to it but really sad it’s not Fuller and there’s no Kristen Chenoweth (I should bloody remember her name spelling as I’m Cornish myself !!! But probably got it wrong) or Gillian Anderson 

Did Chenoweth actually leave? I know she was considering it but hadn’t heard any more. Disappointing to see her and the others depart but that trailer was still impressive and has me excited. I love Emily Browning in this so I’m glad she is still in. Actually I love the entire cast and I just hope the loss of Fuller doesn’t have a negative impact on the quality of the show

The Carousel looks great.

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Did Chenoweth actually leave? I know she was considering it but hadn’t heard any more. Disappointing to see her and the others depart but that trailer was still impressive and has me excited. I love Emily Browning in this so I’m glad she is still in. Actually I love the entire cast and I just hope the loss of Fuller doesn’t have a negative impact on the quality of the show

The Carousel looks great.

Yeah I’m definitely super excited and the trailer looked great

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The trailer did look good, and even without Fuller it still looked visually impressive. At the moment I think I'm more worried about whether there will actually be a season 3 or whether the story will be left incomplete due to all the behind-the-scenes chaos.

They went all-out on NYCC his year, including setting up a faux diner outside in the parking lot (next to the Outlander display)... I just think that waiting too long between seasons can really hurt a show... I'll watch, but I completely forgot last season... and I'm sure that I'm not alone when it comes to people who were ammoyed that they couldn't return in a reasonable time frame... 

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

So this season is a hunt for a new Gillian Anderson?

I did enjoy the first season, but it doesn't really feel anything like the book to me.

If it wasn't for the character names and seeing the actors in the first season I don't think I would have associated that clip with American Gods at all.

13 hours ago, williamjm said:

If it wasn't for the character names and seeing the actors in the first season I don't think I would have associated that clip with American Gods at all.

I enjoyed lost track of who is in/out of the show now. Gillian Anderson and Christin Chenoweth are both out, I think. And Fuller is out, I think? And I’m sure there’s was another...

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been following the tumultuous production of S2 very closely, so I don't know much other than what I just read on this page. It's definitely going to be lacking without our old Media & Easter, however, that last trailer definitely has me on board for S2. Who am I kidding, even without that trailer I would've been on board for S2. Sucks that it's still a month away though. :/

• 1 month later...

Reviews for the second season are mostly bad, the three episode critics have seen slow to a crawl and it no longer has the same visual flair that at least kept the show interesting to look at in its more boring moments. It’s to be expected when it takes so long betwen seasons all because of behind the scenes turmoil. I liked the first season for the most part, but then I never found the book particularly great.

Archived