Twin Peaks - Double R Diner Now Open!

AncalagonTheBlack

Previous topic archived.

Latest news: ‘Twin Peaks’ Revival: Naomi Watts & Tom Sizemore Join; David Lynch Reprising Role

Naomi Watts is the latest big name to join David Lynch’s upcoming new installment of his groundbreaking 1990 supernatural mystery series Twin Peaks. No one is commenting, but I’ve learned that also joining the follow-up series for Showtime is Tom Sizemore.

Additionally, Lynch, who is directing the new Twin Peaks installment from a script he co-wrote with fellow Twin Peaks co-creator Mark Frost, is rumored to be reprising his recurring role from the original series as FBI Regional Bureau Chief Gordon Cole.

She and Sizemore are joining other big-name new Twin Peaks additions including Laura Dern, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Amanda Seyfried.

Star Kyle MacLachlan is the only cast member confirmed for the new Twin Peaks season, set to premiere in early 2017. Other original cast members said to be back include Sherilyn Fenn, Miguel Ferrer and Sheryl Lee.

Me neither. I marathoned Twin Peaks a year ago, and was surprised at just how many of my favourite programmes down the years have been influenced by it. But at the very worst the new series can't be any worse than some of the episodes (the Diane Keaton directed one, for instance) in the second series.

‘Twin Peaks’: Who Else Is Returning & Other Tidbits About Showtime Reboot

David Lynch’s upcoming new installment of his groundbreaking 1990 supernatural mystery series Twin Peaks for Showtime will feature a lot of familiar faces. As usual, no one is commenting, but I’ve compiled a list of original cast members believed to be stopping by, appearing with leading man Kyle MacLachlan and returning co-stars Sheryl Lee, Sherilyn Fenn, Mädchen Amick, Michael Horse, Dana Ashbrook and Miguel Ferrer, among others.

I hear the Palmer clan will remain intact, with Ray Wise and Grace Zabriskie reprising their roles as Leland and Sarah Palmer alongside Lee, who plays their slain daughter Laura.

Also said to be coming back are Peggy Lipton, who played Double-R diner owner Norma Jennings; Everett McGill, who played her lover Ed Hurley; Wendy Robie, who played his one-eyed wife Nadine Hurley; and James Marshall, who played his nephew, James Hurley. I hear also appearing in the sequel are Al Strobel, who played Mike, the One-Armed Man; Kimmy Robertson, who played the ditzy Lucy Moran; Harry Goaz, who played her occasional boyfriend, Deputy Andy Brennan; Charlotte Stewart (Bobby Briggs’ mother Betty Briggs); Gary Hershberger (Bobby’s friend Mike Nelson); Jan D’Arcy (Sylvia Horne); and Harry Dean Stanton (Carl Rodd).

New Twin Peaks cast additions include Grant Goodeve, Larry Clarke and Caleb Landry Jones, joining Amanda Seyfried, Naomi Watts, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Laura Dern, Robert Knepper, James Belushi, Tom Sizemore, Balthazar Getty and Lynch.

Other tidbits I’ve heard about the the third season of Twin Peaks:

I hear Las Vegas will be a major setting.
    Like he did in the original series, I hear co-creator Mark Frost will likely make a cameo.
    I hear new cast addition Jennifer Jason Leigh may be playing the mysterious Judy.
    I also hear fellow Twin Peaks newcomers James Belushi and Robert Knepper may be playing brothers.

Additionally, rumor is that Catherine E. Coulson, who played the beloved log lady in the original, may have filmed a handful of scenes before her death in September. It’s unclear if they would be used.

• 4 weeks later...

‘Twin Peaks’ Reboot Adds Patrick Fischler & David Dastmalchian

I have learned of two other cast additions to Twin PeaksDavid Lynch’s upcoming new installment of his groundbreaking 1990 supernatural mystery series. No one is commenting but I hear Patrick Fischler (Hail Caesar) and David Dastmalchian (Ant-Man) will be in the new season, slated for premiere on Showtime in early 2017.

Like Watts, Fischler had a breakout role in Lynch’s Mulholland Drive.

• 2 weeks later...

‘Twin Peaks’: Ana De La Reguera & Hugh Dillon Join Showtime Revival

I have learned that Ana de la Reguera (Narcos) and Hugh Dillon (The Killing) are among the latest actors to quietly book arcs on the upcoming new installment of David Lynch’s groundbreaking 1990 supernatural mystery series Twin Peaks.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Twin Peaks will return with a two-hour premiere on Sunday, May 21, with the third and fourth hours of the new series arriving immediately after the premiere on Showtime's streaming platform. Nevins also made the length of the series official: 18 hours, all directed by co-creator David Lynch.
http://deadline.com/2017/01/twin-peaks-premiere-date-episode-count-showtime-1201881981/

Teaser | Kyle MacLachlan Returns as FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper

• 3 months later...

Has anyone else binged the original series in anticipation?  Just curious.   Between re-watching and reading Frost's Secret History Of Twin Peaks, I've been definitely submersing myself in Twin Peaks again.  It's like the 90s all over.  :D

27 minutes ago, Spaßvogel said:

Has anyone else binged the original series in anticipation?  Just curious.   Between re-watching and reading Frost's Secret History Of Twin Peaks, I've been definitely submersing myself in Twin Peaks again.  It's like the 90s all over.  :D

I think I'm just gonna wait till the new series is out and done and reviewed. If the consensus is positive I'll re-watch and then continue on. I'm not gonna subscribe to Showtime out of nostalgia for a show that jumped the shark in 1990 and then made a really shitty movie. No matter how much I liked it back then when I was a kid and there was arguably nothing as good on TV. Sorry if you can't tell I'm still a little bitter.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I think I'm just gonna wait till the new series is out and done and reviewed. If the consensus is positive I'll re-watch and then continue on. I'm not gonna subscribe to Showtime out of nostalgia for a show that jumped the shark in 1990 and then made a really shitty movie. No matter how much I liked it back then when I was a kid and there was arguably nothing as good on TV. Sorry if you can't tell I'm still a little bitter.

You didn't even like the finale? 

Network interference forced Lynch to reveal the killer much earlier than he wanted to, so I don't really blame him for some of the weak stuff in the second season. The finale was a pretty good return to form.  I also really enjoyed the movie.  Once I get through my re-watch of the series I'm going to check out the 90 minutes of "missing pieces" from the movie.  Back in the early days of the internet, I remember getting a copy of the script to Fire Walk With Me on USENET and noting that there was a bunch of stuff that wasn't in the final film.

11 hours ago, Nictarion said:

You didn't even like the finale? 

I did actually, but it's not like it retroactively fixed the problems with most of season two. 

9 hours ago, Spaßvogel said:

Network interference forced Lynch to reveal the killer much earlier than he wanted to, so I don't really blame him for some of the weak stuff in the second season. The finale was a pretty good return to form.  I also really enjoyed the movie.  Once I get through my re-watch of the series I'm going to check out the 90 minutes of "missing pieces" from the movie.  Back in the early days of the internet, I remember getting a copy of the script to Fire Walk With Me on USENET and noting that there was a bunch of stuff that wasn't in the final film.

Yeah I don't entirely blame Lynch either. Don't get me wrong I'm hoping the revival is good. I just wanna be sure it is before I go down that rabbit hole again. 

Archived