Why did House Oakheart become bitter enemy of Dorne?

purple-eyes

From the map, Old Oak is one of the farthest houses of Reach from Dorne.

It is almost at the border of Westerlands. Sure, they may need to fight with Dorne if summoned. But it is physically too far for them to have a constant and long-lasting war with House dayne through thousands of years.

How come did they become such an historical bitter enemy with Dayne? House Tarly and Nightsong are much more likely since they are the marcher lords.

And one interesting fact is that,

When Dornish Princess Deria went to talk with Aegon I about the peace term, it was a lord Oakheart who suggested that she should be sent to a brothel to please the most humble men.

Then after 300 years, one Oakheart fell for a dornish princess and stained his honor and die for it. Plus Arianne once said she can make Alys as her paramour.

I guess this is another little irony stuff GRRM put.

11 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

It is almost at the border of Westerlands. Sure, they may need to fight with Dorne if summoned. But it is physically too far for them to have a constant and long-lasting war with House dayne through thousands of years.

How come did they become such an historical bitter enemy with Dayne? House Tarly and Nightsong are much more likely since they are the marcher lords.

Presumably the Oakhearts could have been part of the campaigns against Dorne under Aegon and Daeron. Considering how the Tyrells were involved in both wars, the Oakhearts could have been involved too.

4 hours ago, purple-eyes said:

And one interesting fact is that,

When Dornish Princess Deria went to talk with Aegon I about the peace term, it was a lord Oakheart who suggested that she should be sent to a brothel to please the most humble men.

Then after 300 years, one Oakheart fell for a dornish princess and stained his honor and die for it. Plus Arianne once said she can make Alys as her paramour.

I guess this is another little irony stuff GRRM put.

The Oakhearts, as a lord of the reach, has fought numerous battles against the Kings of the Torentine and Later a united Dorne. Simple as that. King calls the banners, major lords want the Honor of being in the vanguard to claim the most glory in battle. It is quite simple really. 

Archived