Jojen Paste

Lost Melnibonean

Just now, Lady of Butterflies said:

In the last photo, Bran is standing, is wearing his Winterfell rich clothes (It’s a vision) and in the other photo, he was balancing on horseback, wearing rags. He wouldn't be balancing precariously on horseback if it was a vision.

Mmm, yes, could be. He riding inside the cave or leaving it.

3 hours ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

I can't bring myself to use the show as evidence for or against anything in the books... You shouldn't, ever, ever, ever. It is already so different and with so many cut corners that it wouldn't surprise me at all if they come to very different conclusions... Especially for Bran.

with that said your sarcasm is palpable, but I never claimed originality. Only that we always assume that Jojen has succeeded in his "quest" to deliver Bran to the Three Eyed Crow. He seems to believe hat anyway and is now awaiting his own death.

But when they arrive and actually ask about if BR is the 3eR, first Leaf pointedly deflects and doesn't answer, and BR says:

I'm not saying it is proof, but it's fucking odd... 

I like where you are going with this. I have thought for a long time now that Bloodraven was the 3EC like everyone else. However, I really feel that BR is not a good guy of the series as he did some questionable things in real life over and over again. He and Shiera practiced the dark arts. Bran in Dance has 23 references to "darkness", some innocuous, but many say things like "The last part of their dark journey was the steepest.", and BR tells Bran, "Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong."

Soooo, I am kinda digging on your idea here that Bloodraven maynot be the 3EC. I will admit that I need to give the text a little more searching to decide for myself, but this is very interesting. :thumbsup:

One thing that has bugged me for a while and I asked somewhere here recently is basically what's the deal with the other CotF who are hooked up to the weirwood trees like Brynden, roots and such going in and out and through them, and one tries to speak to Bran/Hodor and it makes him feel scared(?). If Bloodraven is the Last Greenseer, then who are the other ones hooked up... and wouldn't that make Bloodraven one of the last greenseers instead of the last??? And where does Bran fall in to that count?

I agree that Jojen is submitting to both parts of his quest. 1- to find Bran and bring him, 2- to be (un)willing to sacrifice himself to pass on his greenseer blood power to Bran to increase Bran's powers... Of which I think Bloodraven wants to eat Bran in return so that he can regenerate himself somehow. Apparently Bloodraven doesn't like living as mulch :dunno:?

And if you remember, Mel has a really bad reaction to seeing Bloodraven in her flames. AAAAhhhhhhh.... I have to go think!

5 hours ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

So I'll be the first to admit it looks crackpot from afar and probably is, but I am slowly convincing myself that Ban is himself the three eyed crow... And not Blood Raven.

I like this theory.  I'm not sure how I feel about Bloodraven not being the three eyed crow, but it does seem kind of odd, given his reaction to the question.  It fits my crackpot theory that Hodor learned the word hodor from a time traveling Old God Bran.  I think Bran will prove far stronger than Bloodraven, so just because Bloodraven couldn't influence the past doesn't mean Bran is subject to the same limitations.

36 minutes ago, Bran the Shipper said:

I like this theory.  I'm not sure how I feel about Bloodraven not being the three eyed crow, but it does seem kind of odd, given his reaction to the question.  It fits my crackpot theory that Hodor learned the word hodor from a time traveling Old God Bran.  I think Bran will prove far stronger than Bloodraven, so just because Bloodraven couldn't influence the past doesn't mean Bran is subject to the same limitations.

Bran's influencing the past? totally for it

1 hour ago, Bran the Shipper said:

I'm afraid I am going to have to disagree with a time traveling Bran. I don't like the idea of time traveling things in ASOIAF whether it be a time traveling Rhago, Tyrion, Tywin, Quaithe or Dany. I know George has his roots in SciFi, and I like SciFi, but don't want those two streams to cross here. 

As far as the other part, heck yeah Bran is going to be stronger than Bloodraven. He kinda already has by speaking something that Theon and his dad (IIRC) can understand. 

I guess that would be the only "time traveling" that could happen. But what fun is that? Bran could just stop the loop by telling his dad what happens and then we lose the story. :wacko:

38 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Bran's influencing the past? totally for it

In a very, very subtle way, maybe. I think the only way he has to influence the past is by speaking trhough the weirdwoods. And people even doesn't notice when it happens, or belive it was just the wind. If you've seen Interstellar... well, I think is the same here. The weirwoods are the back holes.

6 hours ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

Fair enough, haha, luckily it's a slow day for me...

So I'll be the first to admit it looks crackpot from afar and probably is, but I am slowly convincing myself that Ban is himself the three eyed crow... And not Blood Raven.

So above I quoted the part of Dance that made me question if BR=3eC... Since he really doesn't answer the question and Bran even thinks to himself that it is off...

So I went back and re-read the chapter where Bran Falls and the next one where he has his falling 3eC dream in Game...

I had forgotten that Bran is scared of the Heart Tree in Winterfell, and that he hadn't set out to climb the broken tower, but instead was supposed to be saying goodbye... But upon seeing his old pony he starts crying and goes to feed the crows.

Of course the circling crows waiting for their corn are featured prominently before Jaime 'does what he does for love'... 

Ok nothing earth shattering their just some little odd details...

But the dream sequence is very strange (as dreams are want to be), but maybe the oddest thing for me is that nothing there 3EC says is in quotes... Bran's words are in quotes... Even his fathers remembered words are in quotes...

Next, is the fact that the 3eC pecks in the middle of his head, almost as if to give him a third eye...

And the heart tree appears in the dream too (If I'm wildly speculating then I'd place this as BR in the dream):

At the heart of the godswood, the great white weirwood brooded over its reflection in the black pool, its leaves rustling in a chill wind. When it felt Bran watching, it lifted its eyes from the still waters and stared back at him knowingly.

Is any of this proof, NO... But it's my little theory...

oh! And there is the little fact that Bran means Crow in Welsh...

LiveFirstDieLater--allow me to remind you this is a Jojen Paste topic.   I wouldn't worry too much about crackpot.   Let me try to get my head around this if you please.    I get it about the things the crow says not being in quotations--very very nice that.   I'm not sure where you're going with the crows circling above and Bran abandoning his goodbyes to go feed them.   This is pretty subjective and I can take this 3 different ways.  Is he answering their subliminal calls to him or is it something more along the lines of his own subconscious (personified by the crows) not wanting to leave Winterfell?   Or something completely different?   If we take this small part that the crows are an extension of Bran's consciousness rather than a separate 3EC (BR)  calling to him in order to prevent his leaving that's already Bran experiencing himself out of body in the initial stages.  Am I reading your remarks about the weirwood tree to mean that it is the separate entity symbolizing BR's relative impotence in actually reaching Bran?   This is bizarre and I gotta tell you I dig it to no end.   I think Bran leaves his body without knowing a few times (not at all unlike Jon and Arya's wolf dreams), but that's an idea for another place.  Because I'm not sure where you're going I'm reading Bran is the one enabling BR, not the other way around.   It takes all BR's woowoo teeth right out rendering him almost unimportant if he needs Bran to remotely manifest at all. Ok, I'm hooked.    Lay it out for me so I can quit trying to figure it out.  

37 minutes ago, Ashur said:

In a very, very subtle way, maybe. I think the only way he has to influence the past is by speaking trhough the weirdwoods. And people even doesn't notice when it happens, or belive it was just the wind. If you've seen Interstellar... well, I think is the same here. The weirwoods are the back holes.

I read recently somewhere in this place that Bran can be heard in the present but not the past.   We know he can be felt in the past and he's only in his baby stages of witnessing the past.  Who knows what he will be able to do once he gets a handle on his abilities?  

10 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

It's possible Meera's journey will come to an end as well (and Hodor's?) and they will both leave the cave as well (and Jojen if he is not dead). And Meera is dutiful, tired and sad, so yes, maybe her service is just finished. But that makes me believe in the possibility that this situation could change her mind and make her question everything, as well!

Considering the Reed's kids don't know everything (were they just told to serve prince Bran until he reached the 3-eyedCrow?), couldn't she be interested in knowing the whole truth? Maybe not right now, but why not in a future? And she might be needed in a future if Bran is in peril (they have become friends). This is a subjective opinion of course, I like Meera and possibly see a potential evolution in a secondary character that may never happen.

However, what I felt after reading the last chapter of Bran was that he was not doing anything willingly. Not only that, he wanted to shout it out, but didn't because he just resigned himself, not changing his fate, accepting that it was important enough (which maybe will be true). So everyone in that chapter was sad and doing their duty. So I wonder if his inner thoughts and actions (saying to himself being a greenseer was cool enough and anyone would like to marry him, entering Hodor's body to explore the cave in an act of rebellion because he doesn't want to sit in a tree, or thinking about it again to touch her because she was sad) was just a sad way to express the thoughts of someone who will sacrifice his life even more, someone who has never done what he wanted in 5 books; or there is more than meets the eye, and maybe Bran's future is not already written.

You know it's funny I never actually consider Meera or Hodor will leave Bran, but yes, I suppose that could happen.    I wish there was a full on purpose for Hodor thread so I could figure out what he might do beyond Bran.   They sort of need each other in the most practical way.   As to Meera, maybe.    She's pretty big on him being her prince, so I think he would have to not be prince anymore for her to go.   Who knows?   Maybe she is the one who will see this nefarious plot of BR's and get Bran out of the cave?    I guess anything could happen with the little knowledge we have.   As to what they know...I'm pretty stuck on HR giving them marching orders to defend and accompany their prince.   Permanent like as surely HR knows Bran is er at least physically disabled.   I like Meera too, so don't apologize for being on the side of a righteous character.  

I think you're on to something with Bran's willingness in that last chapter.    I think he enjoyed being in the bird and the tree, but he does seem to be in a daze, doesn't he.    Could it be he is bewitched?    Even if that is so, he's eventually going to realize he's so much stronger than anything in that cave and outside of it.    He's so broken, bravely trying to accept his fate.   It's just heartbreaking how he want's so badly to comfort Meera and resigns himself to life as a tree.   Fortunately for you and me he's just a little kid and knows absolutely nothing.   Less than Jon Snow.  I really liked your idea that possessing Hodor to explore the caves was an act of rebellion.  I didn't catch that, so thanks.   I still maintain Bran's learning and breaking every rule in doing so.    This is probably crucial to his realizing his full potential and mastery.  Indeed Bran's future is not already written and his future is the key to everything.   Thanks for that, I'm getting BRAN HYPE.  

22 hours ago, Ashur said:

Yes, I've seen Interstellar (I love films about spaceships and if they have a scientific background I love them even more) and I like your analogy. He has just begun learning how to be a greenseer (BR says he hasn't seen when he will become one but thinks than in a few years) and has tried to talk with his father, and possibly with Theon. There is a thread in which we are talking about Bran's progress which might be even bigger than that. 

20 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

You know it's funny I never actually consider Meera or Hodor will leave Bran, but yes, I suppose that could happen.    I wish there was a full on purpose for Hodor thread so I could figure out what he might do beyond Bran.   They sort of need each other in the most practical way.   As to Meera, maybe.    She's pretty big on him being her prince, so I think he would have to not be prince anymore for her to go.   Who knows?   Maybe she is the one who will see this nefarious plot of BR's and get Bran out of the cave?    I guess anything could happen with the little knowledge we have.   As to what they know...I'm pretty stuck on HR giving them marching orders to defend and accompany their prince.   Permanent like as surely HR knows Bran is er at least physically disabled.   I like Meera too, so don't apologize for being on the side of a righteous character.  

I think you're on to something with Bran's willingness in that last chapter.    I think he enjoyed being in the bird and the tree, but he does seem to be in a daze, doesn't he.    Could it be he is bewitched?    Even if that is so, he's eventually going to realize he's so much stronger than anything in that cave and outside of it.    He's so broken, bravely trying to accept his fate.   It's just heartbreaking how he want's so badly to comfort Meera and resigns himself to life as a tree.   Fortunately for you and me he's just a little kid and knows absolutely nothing.   Less than Jon Snow.  I really liked your idea that possessing Hodor to explore the caves was an act of rebellion.  I didn't catch that, so thanks.   I still maintain Bran's learning and breaking every rule in doing so.    This is probably crucial to his realizing his full potential and mastery.  Indeed Bran's future is not already written and his future is the key to everything.   Thanks for that, I'm getting BRAN HYPE.  

Welcome to the club! You know, I just love how Bran is Meera's prince. Everything she says and does is connected to doing what is right, what is meant to be, etc. I think that Meera and Hodor are not going to abandon Bran (at least willingly) and they should remain together. Meera should realize that the world is more complicated than that.

About the idea of Bran being bewitched.... Well, that could be debated. I haven't thought of that before. So thanks for that. Now that we are discussing Jojen's paste as a way of increasing Bran's powers,I wonder if in that paste there's anything more than "Jojen" or magical ingredients. I mean, people assumed than Bran III is full of references of blood, sacrifice and I agree than Jojen has some of these references as well, so it could very well be true. But Bran is also rebelling against his fate (contrary to Jojen), so maybe the Children or BR are aware of that and put something to make him behave in a certain way. If that's the case, I'm so worried about him. The paste was described as something very creepy. How would he escape? except for Meera or Hodor helping him, I can't  think of anyone helping. Maybe Bran himself, being more powerlful and realising what they are doing with him? But if he is bewitched...Anyway, Bran has to discover many things: what Jaime did to him, realise the meaning of the first dreams he had when he was in coma....

I agree with you than Bran enjoyed being in the bird, but you got my idea that, overall, Bran is not satisfied with his destiny. He wants to be a knight, and marry someone, not a tree. At the same time, Meera encourages him to do his duty, so that makes him more determined to become a greenseer, although unconsciously that makes him more sad. And, of course, he enjoys being inside a bird and flying and watching everything that happened in the Seven Kingdoms. That's similar to experiencing firsthand. It's like watching a movie or reading a book, or playing a game. But it's not the same. He wants to interact with the people he sees, he wants more than that. 

Personally, I would love to see him out of the cave and becoming the Lord of Winterfell, but I'm just a reader. Meantime, the only thing we can do is just speculate. 

//I forgot to mention that the rebellious side of Bran  will be helpful for him to grow stronger and overcome many things. He has to change after 5 books. And there are a lot of references in that chapter that can be considered as rebellion, one of them is Hodor's possession.

8 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Welcome to the club! You know, I just love how Bran is Meera's prince. Everything she says and does is connected to doing what is right, what is meant to be, etc. I think that Meera and Hodor are not going to abandon Bran (at least willingly) and they should remain together. Meera should realize that the world is more complicated than that.

I love the Bran and Meera relationship, is my favourite in the books. His crush on her and her dedication to him are lovely. I think Meera is going to bring the human side of Bran when almost everything is lost. I do not believe that the Three-eyed raven or the COTF are evil, just tragic creatures, but they will somehow try to convince Bran to stay there forever and be less human, believing it to be the best for him. But Meera will remind him that he is Bran, that Winterfell and the North need him and that he still has a family. 

2 hours ago, Lady of Butterflies said:

I love the Bran and Meera relationship, is my favourite in the books. His crush on her and her dedication to him are lovely. I think Meera is going to bring the human side of Bran when almost everything is lost. I do not believe that the Three-eyed raven or the COTF are evil, just tragic creatures, but they will somehow try to convince Bran to stay there forever and be less human, believing it to be the best for him. But Meera will remind him that he is Bran, that Winterfell and the North need him and that he still has a family. 

Love it! It would be amazing!

I like what you mention that being there means becoming gradually less human. 

On 13/2/2016 at 3:39 AM, Curled Finger said:

I read recently somewhere in this place that Bran can be heard in the present but not the past.   We know he can be felt in the past and he's only in his baby stages of witnessing the past.  Who knows what he will be able to do once he gets a handle on his abilities?  

Maybe he will do more complex stuff, but if he'll can, then he had already done it. My point is: I think the time line in ASOIAF is cyclic, as house Toland sigil suggest. In every sci-fi or fantasy plot where time travel of some kind is involved, there's always the possibility of changing the past, thus creating a paradox. When that happens, either the future is automatically changed with terrible consequences, or the timeline splits into two separated trheads (parallel universes). I think ASOAF prevent all this by assuming that any event originated in the future that changes the past (Bran talking to his father or Theon trhough the Weirwood in Winterfell) had indeed already happened. In fact, I think that the Three Eyed Crow was seeking Bran just to keep coherency, because he already had done certain things, and thus he must find the Brancave and do that things to keep the coherence of the story.

19 hours ago, Ashur said:

Maybe he will do more complex stuff, but if he'll can, then he had already done it. My point is: I think the time line in ASOIAF is cyclic, as house Toland sigil suggest. In every sci-fi or fantasy plot where time travel of some kind is involved, there's always the possibility of changing the past, thus creating a paradox. When that happens, either the future is automatically changed with terrible consequences, or the timeline splits into two separated trheads (parallel universes). I think ASOAF prevent all this by assuming that any event originated in the future that changes the past (Bran talking to his father or Theon trhough the Weirwood in Winterfell) had indeed already happened. In fact, I think that the Three Eyed Crow was seeking Bran just to keep coherency, because he already had done certain things, and thus he must find the Brancave and do that things to keep the coherence of the story.

Thanks for expanding on your thoughts, Ashur.  The Bran story line has so much potential it's near impossible to know at this point, but I don't think anything is out of the question for this guy.  Time travel is a mind boggling vehicle.   Can you imagine what was changed for the better with Bran being heard in the past?   It's such a grim story with so little good...nothing would surprise me.   

On February 13, 2016 at 9:34 PM, Curled Finger said:

LiveFirstDieLater--allow me to remind you this is a Jojen Paste topic.   I wouldn't worry too much about crackpot.   Let me try to get my head around this if you please.    I get it about the things the crow says not being in quotations--very very nice that.   I'm not sure where you're going with the crows circling above and Bran abandoning his goodbyes to go feed them.   This is pretty subjective and I can take this 3 different ways.  Is he answering their subliminal calls to him or is it something more along the lines of his own subconscious (personified by the crows) not wanting to leave Winterfell?   Or something completely different?   If we take this small part that the crows are an extension of Bran's consciousness rather than a separate 3EC (BR)  calling to him in order to prevent his leaving that's already Bran experiencing himself out of body in the initial stages.  Am I reading your remarks about the weirwood tree to mean that it is the separate entity symbolizing BR's relative impotence in actually reaching Bran?   This is bizarre and I gotta tell you I dig it to no end.   I think Bran leaves his body without knowing a few times (not at all unlike Jon and Arya's wolf dreams), but that's an idea for another place.  Because I'm not sure where you're going I'm reading Bran is the one enabling BR, not the other way around.   It takes all BR's woowoo teeth right out rendering him almost unimportant if he needs Bran to remotely manifest at all. Ok, I'm hooked.    Lay it out for me so I can quit trying to figure it out.  

Ok so a few things to try and address here... But to be clear this is by no means a complete explanation of anything, just my guesses and observations.

The fact that Bran set out to say goodbye but only after seeing his pony is one of those things that made sense the first time I read the story, because it's just a kid getting scared of leaving home... But on a reread it stuck out at me. The fear/tears seem a little out of character, but maybe it's just because I know how the decision turned out... I mean Summer sat there howling as if it knew what was going to happen, so I have to think that if Bloodraven is really watching the whole time he could have warned Bran. So did BR want Bran to become broken? Did he just watch or did he take steps to set up the right circumstances? Even if one argues that it would be for the "greater good" it would seem somewhere between suspicious and down right evil, at least to me...

Next up, I mentioned the heart tree being described (as always scaring Bran) before Bran climbs and it appearing again looking at him in the dream because the first objection I've run into before with this is that BR does say he has watched over Bran since he was born and has come to him in dreams... The first time I read the series I assumed this meant as the 3eC, but now I am highly doubtful... The tree (and crows living in the old tower) have been there since before Bran, and the Tree even looks at him in the dream.

To be clear, I don't think "time travel" is really the right way to describe what I'm saying... It's more like that "greenseer" part of Bran giving him extra insight because of the collective wisdom of generations, wether that includes a future Bran is unclear to me... I'm not totally convinced that he can impact the past as any more than a breeze in the leaves, but who knows if he can appear to his younger self in a dream... The 3eC pecks at his forehead, as if to give him a third eye... And yells at him to forget the Lannisters (or the dream incarnations) and that "it isn't needed now". Bran appears to successfully forgets the details of his fall. This sort of compartmentalization in Bran's mind is where this idea came to me. I think Bran hasn't come to recognize himself as the 3eC and this probably contributes to why things like taking control of Hodor don't strike Bran as immoral... When they should! The fact that BloodRaven seemingly doesn't respect any of the standard rules about shapeshifting, or guest right is a huge red flag.

Finally, the similarities between BR hollow hill and the House of the Undying are incredible... And this is like a red flag but bigger and bloodier 

22 minutes ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

Ok so a few things to try and address here... But to be clear this is by no means a complete explanation of anything, just my guesses and observations.

The fact that Bran set out to say goodbye but only after seeing his pony is one of those things that made sense the first time I read the story, because it's just a kid getting scared of leaving home... But on a defeat it stuck out at me. The fear/tears seem a little out of character, but maybe it's just because I know how the decision turned out... I mean Summer sat there howling as if it knew what was going to happen, so I have to think that if Bloodraven is really watching the whole time he could have warned Bran. So did BR want Bran to become broken? Did he just watch or did he take steps to set up the right circumstances? Even if one argues that it would be for the "greater good" it would seem somewhere between suspicious and down right evil, at least to me...

Next up, I mentioned the heart tree being described (as always scaring Bran) before Bran climbs and it appearing again looking at him in the dream because the first objection I've run into before with this is that BR does say he has watched over Bran since he was born and has come to him in dreams... The first time I read the series I assumed this meant as the 3eC, but now I am highly doubtful... The tree (and crows living in the old tower) have been there since before Bran, and the Tree even looks at him in the dream.

To be clear, I don't think "time travel" is really the right way to describe what I'm saying... It's more like that "greenseer" part of Bran giving him extra insight because of the collective wisdom of generations, wether that includes a future Bran is unclear to me... I'm not totally convinced that he can impact the past as any more than a breeze in the leaves, but who knows if he can appear to his younger self in a dream... The 3eC pecks at his forehead, as if to give him a third eye... And yells at him to forget the Lannisters (or the dream incarnations) and that "it isn't needed now". Bean appears to successfully forgets the details of his fall. This sort of compartmentalization in Bran's mind is where this idea came to me. I think Bran hasn't come to recognize himself as the 3eC and this probably contributes to why things like taking control of Hodor don't strike Bran as immoral... When they should! The fact that BloodRaven seemingly doesn't respect any of the standard rules about shapeshifting, or guest right is a huge red flag.

I really need a re-reading because the first time I didn't catch any of these things, or was oblivious of them. In which chapter does the tree scare him? I want to re-read some of these things.

The idea of Bran appearing in a dream of his youngest self is interesting.

And about him being 3eC....So maybe he was sending signals to himself?  (and not only BR) That's a radical but amazing idea)

Finally, the similarities between BR hollow hill and the House of the Undying are incredible... And this is like a red flag but bigger and bloodier 

That's very interesting, but I just can't see them now. Could you explain the simmilarities? 

43 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I really need a re-reading because the first time I didn't catch any of these things, or was oblivious of them. In which chapter does the tree scare him? I want to re-read some of these things.

The idea of Bran appearing in a dream of his youngest self is interesting.

And about him being 3eC....So maybe he was sending signals to himself?  (and not only BR) That's a radical but amazing idea)

That's very interesting, but I just can't see them now. Could you explain the simmilarities? 

Game of Thrones:

Chapter 8 - Bran Falls

Chapter 17 - Bran's falling dream

the tree scares him right before he starts climbing, chapter 8...

He raced across the godswood, taking the long way around to avoid the pool where the heart tree grew. The heart tree had always frightened him; trees ought not have eyes, Bran thought, or leaves that looked like hands. His wolf came sprinting at his heels. "You stay here," he told him at the base of the sentinel tree near the armory wall. "Lie down. That's right. Now stay—"

The House of the Undying being so similar to BR's hollow hill deserves its own thread but in brief...

both Bran and Dany are led to the entrance and given instructions by a servant of the place that does not enter (cold hands and pryat pree)

both places seem to be run by midgets that play at being servants (children and servitors)

both are built around important trees (weirwoods and blue trees)

both Dany and Bran are fed odd tasting things by the little people made from the special trees (weir-wood paste and shade of the evening)

both are the final destination for a pretty large number of people (bones covering the caves and those that enter the main gates of the HotU) wether these people end up in the odd tasting paste/shade is, I suppose, hotly debated

Both are warned not to wander from "the path" (door on the right, caves below)

There are decrepit old mortals in thrones at the heart of both structures (BR and The Undying) (heart tree and heart room)

These beings promise power and magic 

oh ya then they try and eat Dany, wonder where this is going for Bran?

Archived