Who took a woman of children of forest as bride?

purple-eyes

I remembered somebody took a woman of children of forest as bride.

but I do not remember who and I can not find it. Anybody can help?

By the way, greenseer is supposed to be wise men of children of forest. Something like high priests of children of forest.

And greenseers broken the land to stop first men from coming to Weteros. So they are obviously not first men.

Then how can Bran and Bloodraven become greenseers?

Do they have blood of Children of forest?

I remembered somebody took a woman of children of forest as bride.

but I do not remember who and I can not find it. Anybody can help?

By the way, greenseer is supposed to be wise men of children of forest. Something like high priests of children of forest.

And greenseers broken the land to stop first men from coming to Weteros. So they are obviously not first men.

Then how can Bran and Bloodraven become greenseers?

Do they have blood of Children of forest?

Once men and the Children signed the pact, with truce or peace, and Men adopted the faith of the children, men became possible of being marked by the gods to be greenseers. It seems they are marked from birth, so their blood is also marked, but it doesn't seems to be hereditary.

In other words, the greenseers called the hammer when they were threatened by men, after the peace, there was no reason for a man to not be marked by the gods.

5 minutes ago, Lord Ravenstark said:

Once men and the Children signed the pact, with truce or peace, and Men adopted the faith of the children, men became possible of being marked by the gods to be greenseers. It seems they are marked from birth, so their blood is also marked, but it doesn't seems to be hereditary.

In other words, the greenseers called the hammer when they were threatened by men, after the peace, there was no reason for a man to not be marked by the gods.

I think that skinchanging is a heriditary trait and 1 in 1,000 who carry it become one, and 1in1,000 of them are greenseers.

I think that skinchanging is a heriditary trait and 1 in 1,000 who carry it become one, and 1in1,000 of them are greenseers.

Oh, but then it wouldn't make sense. As there are two different species and only those of a certain faith show it.

Also, I am pretty sure these values are not to be taken literally "one in a thousand" and are idiom for "very rare".

23 minutes ago, Lord Ravenstark said:

Oh, but then it wouldn't make sense. As there are two different species and only those of a certain faith show it.

Also, I am pretty sure these values are not to be taken literally "one in a thousand" and are idiom for "very rare".

Not true. Yes they're 2 species who share 1 gift. Not just Old God believers either, how about the Farwynds of Lonely Light? They follow the Drowned God. 

31 minutes ago, Victarion Chainbreaker said:

Ironborn are First Men.

I know that. I was addressing the point that skinchanging is not limited to worshippers of the Old Gods, nor is it something different from what the COTF posess, and it's from them that it's most probably derived, most likely from interbreeding. 

2 hours ago, Lord Ravenstark said:

Which is why it's so ridiculous that every stark child of this generation has a gift And on top of that Bran is capable of becoming a Greenseer.  What are the odds...

10 minutes ago, The Dragon has three heads said:

Which is why it's so ridiculous that every stark child of this generation has a gift And on top of that Bran is capable of becoming a Greenseer.  What are the odds...

5 out of 5,000 for skinchanging. 1 out of 1,000,000 for greensight. But, something tells me that these odds have been compromised by the rebirth of dragons, and with them an increase in magic and all things supernatural and thought extinct. An uptick in skinchangers isn't unreasonable. I know it's not confirmed anywhere, but I get the feeling that Brandon and Lyanna may have been, maybe that's part of the wolfblood, I don't know. But only them and a Bolton were said the be like centaurs in their oneness with their horse.

55 minutes ago, Beautiful Bloody Sword said:

I know that. I was addressing the point that skinchanging is not limited to worshippers of the Old Gods, nor is it something different from what the COTF posess, and it's from them that it's most probably derived, most likely from interbreeding. 

I wasn't arguing, I was explaining why the Farwynds can warg.

You may have been thinking about BSE taking a tiger woman as his bride. A description of Leaf -child sized, dark skin with paler spots,(camoflauge,) like a tiger's stripes, three fingers ending in black Claws, and large Cats Eyes.

Other things attributed to BSE represent things done/possibly done by Bran, Cotf, V6kins, the Weir?  

It's all about our own Interpretation, gotta Love it, so many possibilities for Tinsanity.

Skinchanging/Greensight is hereditary, only First Men Blood,. Most Prevalent North of the Wall, its still a feared and rare occurrence, virtually nonexistent South of the Wall. V6 had women brought to him as tribute,  greenseers bound in roots could have had the same. 

The very Essence of Any Being ever connected to the Weir is still there, this includes the Wolf, Bear, and Giants skulls in niches carved from the stone, interwoven in the roots. Other bones litter the passage,  but the skulls are held firmly.  Experimentation with mind control of Animals created Skinchanging.

But books don't run on odds, most writers write about the unusual, the uncanny, even in their world. Writers don't throw dices to reveal the outcome. In other words, stuff must happen so a story can be told.

9 hours ago, The Dragon has three heads said:

About the same odds as a pregnant direwolf making it to within a day's ride of Winterfell and then having the exact number of pups as there are young Wargs in Winterfell. 

Archived