Bakker XLII: If you do not post with the people, then you are not of the people!

Michael Seswatha Jordan

On 2/11/2016 at 6:09 PM, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Since Bakker's writing uses layers of revelation, newcomers are strongly advised to finish the books before coming here; otherwise the spoilers will rot your soul. Eternally.

Probably 2 or 3 times.  I have once and am usually lost when I look in here.

8 minutes ago, wolverine said:

Probably 2 or 3 times.  I have once and am usually lost when I look in here.

Haha, why's everyone quoting me on the intro? I just copy and pasted from the previous thread. Isn't that Happy Ent's intro? But, yea you're right. I was lost for a good while too, started to come together after my first re-read.

On 12-2-2016 at 3:38 PM, Madness said:

- Overlook has TGO listed in their Summer 2016 catalogue for July.

- I'm not sure how recently but Chapters has TGO listed for July 5th preorder and is much less frivolous with their release dates than Amazon.

All encouraging for a Summer release.

12 minutes ago, Madness said:

That'd be great. Ultimately, if Bakker's not successfully now, we won't get more books later.

I was gonna say that Bakker's young, we got some slack time for him to increase in popularity.  But he's 49, what.   Clock's ticking.

22 minutes ago, Madness said:

That'd be great. Ultimately, if Bakker's not successfully now, we won't get more books later.

He's already stated that he'll write the next duology/trilogy. In what form it comes out -- from a major publisher, or via Light Time and Gravity (with a Paypal charge attached) -- I dunno. My hope is that he's already outlining or writing.

Lol, not quite what I meant, Jurble, but rather that he could suffer the worse fate of living the fade into obscurity with the series unfinished. Primarily because what doesn't facilitate his writing now, after having suffered the first major gap in his career (between 2004-2011 he published almost a book a year), likely burdens his ability to continue to publish mainstream later.

I'd really prefer to have an inked dead tree version of LTG. And I'd settle for hemp paper.

To my recollection, DanyImc posted a very reasoned response in someone's introduction thread about Bakker being "anti-women." I made the post its own thread wherein another user and DanyImc had a short back and forth until the other user made a final comment that Curethan - Moderator Extraordinaire - deemed unfit for polite discourse.

I find it immensely humorous that DanyImc has so few posts on either forum and yet has learned the salient cues to troll the Westerosi like a champ.

what does the editor think about the resolution to the HITB problem, however?

Scott, I love the way you've explained what happened with Serwe's heart, the reasons Wracu don't use Chorae and the identity of the father of Mimara's child all wrapped up in one sentence. Unfortunately due to length issues we've had to move it to the next series, which you've advised us is to be titled 'The Kelhus wakes up back at Ishaul and it was all a dream Trilogy.'  

13 hours ago, danylmc said:

Scott, I love the way you've explained what happened with Serwe's heart, the reasons Wracu don't use Chorae and the identity of the father of Mimara's child all wrapped up in one sentence. Unfortunately due to length issues we've had to move it to the next series, which you've advised us is to be titled 'The Kelhus wakes up back at Ishaul and it was all a dream Trilogy.'  

like!

maybe don't reveal whether cnaiur is alive.

Archived