Bakker XLII: If you do not post with the people, then you are not of the people!

Michael Seswatha Jordan

Right...

Foil to doesn't mean necessarily mean supporter of but either way Sci always struck me as fair as opposed to outright critical or even hostile.

Guess you didn't get the PMs, then. Heh.

@themerchant yea I've never understood it either. @Sci-2, has had some of the best post on the books here and at SA. Wether he like Bakker as a human being is of zero consequence. For that matter, what does it matter what anyone thinks of Bakker? We are discussing his books. And sci always had good insight into them. It blows my mind that so many worry what opinions Bakker has. I've been told I like Bakker a little too much. What? Seriously, what Bakker does in his life and his opinions on feminism mean absolutely nothing to me. I just want the books, which are some of the best fantasy I've read. But, you know, some are on internet crusades and all that. 

I've done a search on Feminism and all i can find is the sentence above and "what Bakker does in his life and his opinions on feminism mean absolutely nothing to me" where is the claim about feminism having nothing to do with his work?

Has someone blocked me and I can't see some posts?

merch, you mean you're looking for RSB threads here about feminism?  likely you need 'bakker and women,' maybe.  there was a thread on bakker with 'rape' in the title, too, that addressed this stuff.  and then occasionally on his various websites he'll have colloquies about it.  and then there's the ROH thing.

1 minute ago, Darth Richard II said:

Did you see the sweater Bakker was wearing yesterday? Talk about lame.

I didn't.  is it like supergross? like, yaknow, he got it at hot topic?

30 minutes ago, sologdin said:

merch, you mean you're looking for RSB threads here about feminism?  likely you need 'bakker and women,' maybe.  there was a thread on bakker with 'rape' in the title, too, that addressed this stuff.  and then occasionally on his various websites he'll have colloquies about it.  and then there's the ROH thing.

.Nah just wondering the origin of the comment implying someone is making an argument that "Bakker's views on feminism have nothing do to with his work."

Can't see that claim being made by anyone. So got confused.

I read a few of those threads as they happened, they were hilarious, Bakker coming in as someone else for some mad reason with a crazy name, thinking if he just explained everyone would see, then on the other side folk seriously entertaining the idea that cause Bakker by calling one user by name, (who was male, like Bakker had the gender of every user participating in the thread), and not some others, (who were female), he was discriminating against them.

Actually now i've gossiped a bit I can actually see it's appeal. :D

53 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Hahaha, yeah, Bakker's views on feminism have nothing do to with his work.

Dude I don't give on damn red cent about his views on feminism. Until, it was brought to my attention about all the Woman vs Bakker stuff, it never even crossed my mind. I don't read books and think oh that's sexist or what have you. My wife has just finished PoN and has never said anything about it. Its only those that look for it, that seem to have a problem with it. It has never made me think less of the book. Treatment of woman? What about the treatment of men in the series? Its a dark world there is no hope. I could care less about Bakker's views. Why is that so hard for you to understand? I don't give two shots about the agendas so many want to push on this forum. I simply enjoy the books.

1 hour ago, themerchant said:

I've done a search on Feminism and all i can find is the sentence above and "what Bakker does in his life and his opinions on feminism mean absolutely nothing to me" where is the claim about feminism having nothing to do with his work?

Has someone blocked me and I can't see some posts?

I'm sure his views on feminism play into his books and have been discussed here as nauseam. It just isn't a worry of mine is what I meant. I like the books for the story itself. It wasn't directed to you.

@Darth Richard II, what is it that you get from posting in this thread? Besides calling people names, snarky comments and little one-liners that add absolutely nothing to the discussion. You obviously have a raging hard on for Bakker and your contempt show is every single one of Your posts. Like do yourself a favor and refrain from it. Then you won't have to tell us your grumpy or tired or whatever excuse you use when your called out on your childish attitude.

Archived