Bakker XLII: If you do not post with the people, then you are not of the people!

Michael Seswatha Jordan

4 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

@Darth Richard II, what is it that you get from posting in this thread? Besides calling people names, snarky comments and little one-liners that add absolutely nothing to the discussion. You obviously have a raging hard on for Bakker and your contempt show is every single one of Your posts. Like do yourself a favor and refrain from it. Then you won't have to tell us your grumpy or tired or whatever excuse you use when your called out on your childish attitude.

as stallybrass & white argue conclusively in the politics and poetics of transgression, disgust always bears the imprint of desire.

27 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I'm sure his views on feminism play into his books and have been discussed here as nauseam. It just isn't a worry of mine is what I meant. I like the books for the story itself. It wasn't directed to you.

I know, I was bemused why it was brought up apropos of nothing. Wasn't directed at you.

Well, I was laughing at the idea of ME being the one with a  hard on for Bakker when you guys are the ones that seem to think he reinvented the whole genre and don't think his books have any gender issues(haha, I laugh again). Plus the idea that we all secretly hate Bakker around here, when if it wasn't for this forum I don't think I ever would have heard of the guy. But no, continue. Ever are men deicved, eh?

6 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well, I was laughing at the idea of ME being the one with a  hard on for Bakker when you guys are the ones that seem to think he reinvented the whole genre and don't think his books have any gender issues(haha, I laugh again). Plus the idea that we all secretly hate Bakker around here, when if it wasn't for this forum I don't think I ever would have heard of the guy. But no, continue. Ever are men deicved, eh?

See, you ignore what you want to and add in whatever you want. Acocording to many there are gender issues, I said I never noticed them until they were brought to my attention by the feminists around here. Me saying you have a hard on is not in the sense that you praise his work. At any chance you get you like to put Bakker the man down. Its your thing DR. No, I see no one around here that secretly hates Bakker, other than you, hence my hard on comment. Gender issues...sure i see them, but are blown way out of proportion because of online arguements where he stuck his foot in  his mouth. 

As to my other point, in all the Bakker threads here, and I've read them all multiple times, I've never not once seen a post of yours with any substance in relation to discussing the books, not once. Only to bring up the feminist issues or the sock puppet incident. 

And finally, where did I ever say he reinvented the genre? Its some of the best fantasy I've ever read. And, is quite unlike anything I've ever read in this genre. So, again, instead of Your little quips and snarky remarks add something to the discussion around here. If not quit wasting everyone's time. Your favorite thing to do on this forum is accuse people of being sock puppets, keep doing what your good at. If you wanna add some substance to the thread, well everyone would be more than happy to discuss the books with ya. Start a thread on feminism and Lit and rail about Bakker and Goodkind and whoever else keeps you up at night. Frankly I'm sick of Your posts that add nothing to the discussion but, "Bakker's a sexist and has rape aliens, he the scum of the earth." 

From a quote of Your in a previous thread along the lines of, "what's up with the spaceships, what's that all about, lol?". Strongly suggests to me you haven't even read these books and are simply just trolling. Could be wrong, but instead of Your one line quips, give us something to discuss pertaining the TSA and we can have a mature discussion over these great books. While maybe TSA isn't a genre changer, it's one of the best series out there, without a doubt. 

Dude, I don't know you, but From Your posts you seem to be a disgruntled little man that likes to stir the pot. Try reading the books and posting when you have something relevant to them to discuss. If not, start a new Bakker vs Woman thread for all the Bakker haters of Westeros. Your shtick has ran its course DRII.

Actually, I do not believe I have ever said Bakker is a sexist or that he is the scum of the earth, and I would love to actually see this post where I talk about spaceships. I think you are taking some posts meant as in jokes between long posting members here as 100 percent serious. Or you're just lying out your ass. I have no actual hate towards Bakker as you seem to constantly suggest, it's some of his fans that are rabid assholes.

4 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Actually, I do not believe I have ever said Bakker is a sexist or that he is the scum of the earth, and I would love to actually see this post where I talk about spaceships. I think you are taking some posts meant as in jokes between long posting members here as 100 percent serious. Or you're just lying out your ass. I have no actual hate towards Bakker as you seem to constantly suggest, it's some of his fans that are rabid assholes.

DR, I am done trying to make you see how you act in this thread. Others notice it, just not me. I have just reached my wits end with your lol quips and never, ever discussing the books. Whatever. Blind Brain indeed.

Oh, DR I could go back in each and every thread and find relevant quotes. But you and I both know you offer nothing to the discussio of TSA. It's truly not worth my time. I'm have no hate for you, it's just you never, ever add any insight pertaining to the books at all. Unless of course it's to point out how we like Bakker too much or to run Bakker in the ground because if his sexism. 

Test, give me a post that is relevant to the plot of TSA. Give me some insight as to what you expect from The Great Ordeal. Show me that you care about these books. 

Haha, no, I don;t have to prove shit to you, bro. The burden of proof lies on the accuser.

And hey, I'll be honest, I havne't read these books since they came out, and I read 80ish books ayear, so I really don't remember too much. That one guy was jerking it to Kellus daughter and Cnair's son doing it, right? And they got to Kellus birthplace and it was empty, and that's all I really remember.  I'll probably do a re read when the next book comes out. Maybe I can even post pics of the books? Maybe videos of me readin them and nodding sagely?

My perspective has always been skewed because I began my internet life as an Orson Scott card/ enders game fan in my teens. Having the experience of a truly noxious author at the helm guilty of everything bakker is accused of and much worse, I've always been indifferent to the outcry against bakker, although some of the critiques have merit, which unfortunately the author is blind to, a lot of the argument against bakker has aspects of the sorts of witch hunts and purity tests and trigger warning critiques the left is often accused of or guilty of.

62 x 20 page threads, plus the innumerable sub-threads and assorted bakkake.  

I think that most speculation and discussion about content has been covered probably multiple times over 10 years plus that people have been posting here.  Word count here about Bakker's books very likely exceeds the word count of the books themselves. It's no wonder people are testy given the repeative nature of these latter threads.

These threads are pretty much dead, except for ideological wrangling and crude wit.  And most people are bored of that.

DRII is quite clearly trolling and capering for the amusement of himself and a few literally dozens of others.  It's easy enough to ignore him, there is a forum function to help you do it.

9 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

@Darth Richard II, what is it that you get from posting in this thread? Besides calling people names, snarky comments and little one-liners that add absolutely nothing to the discussion. You obviously have a raging hard on for Bakker and your contempt show is every single one of Your posts. Like do yourself a favor and refrain from it. Then you won't have to tell us your grumpy or tired or whatever excuse you use when your called out on your childish attitude.

Actually, discussing the author's intent, and worldview when writing the books adds a /shit ton/ to the conversation.  Just because you are able to enjoy the works like a simpleton, doesn't mean that others down't derive joy (and enriching reading experiences) by finding out more about the author, his craft, and how that shapes the books he/she writes.  Bakker's silly views on the fairer sex not only makes him a difficult author to like, but it also adds some light to the treatment of some of the characters in his books, and his views on sex within the works.  You /not/ taking a deeper looking into that aspect of the books makes you a surface reader, and not willing to invest the effort or time to actually enjoy (or understand) the books at a level that many here do.  

Keep trying though. 

24 minutes ago, Curethan said:

62 x 20 page threads, plus the innumerable sub-threads and assorted bakkake.  

I think that most speculation and discussion about content has been covered probably multiple times over 10 years plus that people have been posting here.  Word count here about Bakker's books very likely exceeds the word count of the books themselves. It's no wonder people are testy given the repeative nature of these latter threads.

These threads are pretty much dead, except for ideological wrangling and crude wit.  And most people are bored of that.

DRII is quite clearly trolling and capering for the amusement of himself and a few others.  It's easy enough to ignore him, there is a forum function to help you do it.

Or, the group think between the fans makes it impossible for you, and your ilk, to actually discuss the books and the author in an objective light.  Fan boys unite and the such, but it won't provide any illumination, only a fucked up circle jerk. 

Archived