Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Seswatha Jordan

Bakker XLII: If you do not post with the people, then you are not of the people!

13 hours ago, danylmc said:

Scott, I love the way you've explained what happened with Serwe's heart, the reasons Wracu don't use Chorae and the identity of the father of Mimara's child all wrapped up in one sentence. Unfortunately due to length issues we've had to move it to the next series, which you've advised us is to be titled 'The Kelhus wakes up back at Ishaul and it was all a dream Trilogy.'  

like!

maybe don't reveal whether cnaiur is alive.

If Kellhus wakes up and sees Patrick Duffy in the shower at Ishual, I may just defecate myself...

Ok, so if Kellhus is Patrick Duffy, who is his lanky nephew with the big curve that never lived up to his early Cy Young performance?  L'il Moe?  Proyas?  Mimara?  Saubon?

*Talking about Barry Zito here, not Cody who lived in the van in the driveway on Step by Step. 

Hasn't posted on SA since July and here since September. Last active here on Feb 10 though.

Sci used to be an ardent foil to the Westerosi-Haters but seems to have been worn down until all that mattered was Chorae on Wracu.

Heh. Sci was one of the biggest Westeros haters. The idea that he was some big proponent of bakker's around here is pretty funny.

Right...

Foil to doesn't mean necessarily mean supporter of but either way Sci always struck me as fair as opposed to outright critical or even hostile.

21 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Heh. Sci was one of the biggest Westeros haters. The idea that he was some big proponent of bakker's around here is pretty funny.

Ever are men deceived?

Right...

Foil to doesn't mean necessarily mean supporter of but either way Sci always struck me as fair as opposed to outright critical or even hostile.

Guess you didn't get the PMs, then. Heh.

I only come here to read about the books. It is weird to me so much time is spent talking about the personalities that read the books.

Is that a North American cultural thing? Gossip about readers? Or indeed the writer.

@themerchant yea I've never understood it either. @Sci-2, has had some of the best post on the books here and at SA. Wether he like Bakker as a human being is of zero consequence. For that matter, what does it matter what anyone thinks of Bakker? We are discussing his books. And sci always had good insight into them. It blows my mind that so many worry what opinions Bakker has. I've been told I like Bakker a little too much. What? Seriously, what Bakker does in his life and his opinions on feminism mean absolutely nothing to me. I just want the books, which are some of the best fantasy I've read. But, you know, some are on internet crusades and all that. 

I've done a search on Feminism and all i can find is the sentence above and "what Bakker does in his life and his opinions on feminism mean absolutely nothing to me" where is the claim about feminism having nothing to do with his work?

Has someone blocked me and I can't see some posts?

merch, you mean you're looking for RSB threads here about feminism?  likely you need 'bakker and women,' maybe.  there was a thread on bakker with 'rape' in the title, too, that addressed this stuff.  and then occasionally on his various websites he'll have colloquies about it.  and then there's the ROH thing.

1 minute ago, Darth Richard II said:

Did you see the sweater Bakker was wearing yesterday? Talk about lame.

I didn't.  is it like supergross? like, yaknow, he got it at hot topic?