New Season 6 Stills

Westeros

On Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 11:22 PM, rebelgb said:

Um Sansa was NOT raped so its not a baby of rape (if she were pregnant).  I hate Ramsey as mush as the next guy/gal, but Sansa and he WERE married and at no time did she tell him to stop, resist, etc.   This whole rape thing is fanfare by people who cant stand the fact of Ramsey having sex with their beloved Sansa.

Now there is implication that he rapes her after that (Sansa telling Reek "..he hurts me every night." ) though she does not explicitly say that and it is not shown.

As for the pics, if you look at the length of her arms from the first pic and then compare it to the one where you see the bump, its obvious to me its her hands (the bump) and not a baby.  

Dude, rape = non consensual. Now by medieval age value, this wouldn't be rape because a husband can have is way with his wife as the wife must obey her husband's wish. Though today it is because like i said, rape is when one party does not consent to having sex with another party. Essentially, Sansa and Ramsay's bedding counts as martial rape. And even if you disbelieve this counts as rape, face it that Ramsay's treatment on Sansa is disturbing given the fact with him bruising her and Myranda revealing Ramsay's plan to give Sansa the Theon treatment. This is not normal even by medieval standard.

There is another solution to all this Sansa is different in the show then the books stuff - she is not a major character and her plot points are not that relevant to the wider unfolding story.

Some characters have mirrored the books fairly closely, namely:

Jon, Dany, Bran, Arya, Cersie and Jamie - so I would say they are major characters.

Tyrion is interesting because he was mirroring the books quite closely but then changed in Season 5, going on a much lighter journey than in the book. I guess, in the book, he will still end up with Dany - but I think, in the book, he will be much more humbled and have to confront a lot more about himself than what he has in the show. So show Tyrion is like Tyrion light.

There is always a moon tea and stress...this early in pregnancy. Perhaps, the cold and deprivasion they expereince trying to survive in the winter will lead to miscarriage, thus making Sansa - reaching Last Hearth more touching than usual.

But, I agree, Sansa having a child from Ramsey and keeping it as "heir" to Winterfell is beyond disturbing.

Also, I have a theory. Perhaps, AWoW would have a storyline that Sansa gets married to some jerk (Harry the Heir) who abuses her/rapes her on their wedding night, and she gets pregnant because of it. However, in the book it makes sense because Harry the Heir is a supremely minor character slated for horrible death anyway, but also is of good birth - noble and ancient house. Ramsey is still the Bastard. Because D&D don't really understand the politics of pure blood and nobles for the time period it depicts, for them its all the same that Sansa marries an awful noble or an awful bastard (raised through King's claim). But in reality, if Sansa has an unwanted child from an abusive husband who is of ancient and noble house, it does not diminish her claim, but from a bastard - such as Ramsey - it diminishes Sansa's claim considerably. It actually puts her claim behind that of her Younger sister and behind that of Jon, who though a Bastard - still is Son of beloved Ned Stark and not of murderous lunatic who usurped the rightful lord. (not talking even about L+R=J theories)

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 2:56 AM, ummester said:

There is another solution to all this Sansa is different in the show then the books stuff - she is not a major character and her plot points are not that relevant to the wider unfolding story.

Some characters have mirrored the books fairly closely, namely:

Jon, Dany, Bran, Arya, Cersie and Jamie - so I would say they are major characters.

Tyrion is interesting because he was mirroring the books quite closely but then changed in Season 5, going on a much lighter journey than in the book. I guess, in the book, he will still end up with Dany - but I think, in the book, he will be much more humbled and have to confront a lot more about himself than what he has in the show. So show Tyrion is like Tyrion light.

Actually, I found it quite interesting that Sansa made a snow castle of Winterfell and defended it from a giant in the books and on the show.  It seems that Sansa is following her storyline to some extent, but has added content on the show. 

The battle of the bastards is supposed to include a giant.

2 hours ago, MtnLion said:

Actually, I found it quite interesting that Sansa made a snow castle of Winterfell and defended it from a giant in the books and on the show.  It seems that Sansa is following her storyline to some extent, but has added content on the show. 

Hidden Content

I've always thought the giant, in Sansa's story, is LF - he is the mentor she must overcome to truly come into her own and he's a 'giant' in terms of control he has over the realm.

I had a quick look at this Battle of the Bastards stuff - it could be anything. Kit Harrington is being filmed at an icy tundra, probably with the Melisande actress - we can't see Kit's face, he could have all emo reborn dead makeup on it, or it could be just a rehearsal and he isn't in full costume. Who knows?

18 hours ago, ummester said:

I've always thought the giant, in Sansa's story, is LF - he is the mentor she must overcome to truly come into her own and he's a 'giant' in terms of control he has over the realm.

I don't think Littlefinger has any control over the realm, he is just an opportunist, sowing chaos wherever he can. 

18 hours ago, ummester said:

I had a quick look at this Battle of the Bastards stuff - it could be anything. Kit Harrington is being filmed at an icy tundra, probably with the Melisande actress - we can't see Kit's face, he could have all emo reborn dead makeup on it, or it could be just a rehearsal and he isn't in full costume. Who knows?

I don't know what the objection is, here, though it truly seems to be one.  The site that they are filming on is the Winterfell site.  Lots of smoke . . .  And, a green marker on a stick stand-in for a giant, or maybe a dragon (though unlikely) because of the size.  It doesn't matter what kind of makeup Kit had on.  The fact that we have a giant at Winterfell and Sansa there to defend it sure ties back to the scene in the Eyrie where it is a snow representation of Winterfell and a child's stuffed giant.  I recall GRRM saying that all of the present generation of Stark kids were wargs, yet we never see Sansa display it.  I tend to believe that we will see her display it by taking the giant's skin and rebuilding Winterfell, as has been foreshadowed. 

4 hours ago, MtnLion said:

And, a green marker on a stick stand-in for a giant, or maybe a dragon (though unlikely) because of the size.  It doesn't matter what kind of makeup Kit had on.  The fact that we have a giant at Winterfell and Sansa there to defend it sure ties back to the scene in the Eyrie where it is a snow representation of Winterfell and a child's stuffed giant.  I recall GRRM saying that all of the present generation of Stark kids were wargs, yet we never see Sansa display it.  I tend to believe that we will see her display it by taking the giant's skin and rebuilding Winterfell, as has been foreshadowed. 

The green marker could be a White Walker on skeletal horseback, also. Even an Ice Spider :D

Who knows - my point is, we have no idea whats going on until we see it - it's all conjecture.

Re Sansa warging - seeing her wolf was killed, I didn't think she ever had reason to develop the ability in any way. I have always thought she has been set up as more of a Tully than a Stark, more like her mother.

7 hours ago, MtnLion said:

I don't think Littlefinger has any control over the realm, he is just an opportunist, sowing chaos wherever he can. 

I don't know what the objection is, here, though it truly seems to be one.  The site that they are filming on is the Winterfell site.  Lots of smoke . . .  And, a green marker on a stick stand-in for a giant, or maybe a dragon (though unlikely) because of the size.  It doesn't matter what kind of makeup Kit had on.  The fact that we have a giant at Winterfell and Sansa there to defend it sure ties back to the scene in the Eyrie where it is a snow representation of Winterfell and a child's stuffed giant.  I recall GRRM saying that all of the present generation of Stark kids were wargs, yet we never see Sansa display it.  I tend to believe that we will see her display it by taking the giant's skin and rebuilding Winterfell, as has been foreshadowed. 

Really? Here are some of the few things we KNOW about warging:  

1. It starts on its own, as a natural attitude, particularly during sleep
  2. It requires lots of time for the warg to understand what he/she really is
  3.  After that, it requires a whole new longer lot of time to master it and be able to warg an animal on purpose
  4. Warging people is much more difficult than warging animals, since they have a stronger self-awareness, and a giant is sort of in the middle, as we know Hodor is too
  5. D&D never showed ANYONE beyond Bran and Orell warging, not even Jon who has a bond with Ghost as strong as the one Bran has with Summer

...And regardless all this, you want me to believe that Sansa, who never showed the slightest sign of warging abilities even in the books, not only will show them on TV, but will actively warg a giant and use him to build a castle!

I'm sorry if I'm being rude, but that definitely not gonna happen, there's not even the slightest, most remote possibily, not even in the books, far less in the show, where D&D have been writing about magic only when it was absolutely necessary. 

2 hours ago, Ruhail said:

Oh look Stannis doesnt get a poster how surprising.

hahahaha

Yes, I forgot about him... it really took much less time than I thought to forget him!
That must mean something, doesn't it? ;)

8 minutes ago, The Egg said:

Really? Here are some of the few things we KNOW about warging: 

1. It starts on its own, as a natural attitude, particularly during sleep
  2. It requires lots of time for the warg to understand what he/she really is
  3.  After that, it requires a whole new longer lot of time to master it and be able to warg an animal on purpose
  4. Warging people is much more difficult than warging animals, since they have a stronger self-awareness, and a giant is sort of in the middle, as we know Hodor is too
  5. D&D never showed ANYONE beyond Bran and Orell warging, not even Jon who has a bond with Ghost as strong as the one Bran has with Summer

...And regardless all this, you want me to believe that Sansa, who never showed the slightest sign of warging abilities even in the books, not only will show them on TV, but will actively warg a giant and use him to build a castle!

I'm sorry if I'm being rude, but that definitely not gonna happen, there's not even the slightest, most remote possibily, not even in the books, far less in the show, where D&D have been writing about magic only when it was absolutely necessary.

hahahaha

Yes, I forgot about him... it really took much less time than I thought to forget him!
That must mean something, doesn't it? ;)

Furthermore, the show didn't seem to reveal that all the Starks are wargs as we didn't get to see Jon's and Arya's warging ability... yet as for now. Okay, since Jon may warg into Ghost's body for the time being before his ressurection, D&D need to offer an explanation for this. Note that Arya is seen filming in Riverlands, indicating her warg as Nymeria. So that as well!

2 hours ago, Ruhail said:

Oh look Stannis doesnt get a poster how surprising.

D&D really hate Stannis, don't they?

On 2/27/2016 at 11:20 PM, BB-Rhae said:

Scrolling through this thread: 

Sansa is pregnant. 

Sansa is a giant. 

I am 100% convinced that she is neither. The pics look awesome though. 

I'm pretty sure the bump in her dress is her hand underneath it.

Stop... teasing... us... and release the damn trailer...!

Meh for a lot of Dothraki and Mereen shots. On the flip side, decent shots of the North, particular one with Mel and Davos and the two kids who are young Ned and Brandon.

6 hours ago, Knute said:

I'm pretty sure the bump in her dress is her hand underneath it.

I think we all want to believe this to be true instead of the baby Ramsay theory.

Archived