Better Call Saul

RumHam

"Wait till you see what I floss with."

heheheheh

I liked it. Thought it a bit weird that they'd undo his big revelation at the end of season 1 by having him go back and accept the offer, but maybe he won't be so righteous about it anymore.

Nacho has this shark-like quality to him, reminds me a little bit of Marlo. 

8 hours ago, The Drunkard said:

Nacho has this shark-like quality to him, reminds me a little bit of Marlo. 

It's crazy how menacing he is given the actor plays a hapless clown in Orphan Black

I'm glad Saul is back at the law firm, his transition at the end of Season 1 was too sudden and unearned. Is the explanation that he was initially engaging in self-sabotage and then changed his mind and decided to grow up when she wouldn't answer the phone?

Also, what was the light switch thing, just foreshadowing how he can't help himself?

31 minutes ago, Commodore said:

Also, what was the light switch thing, just foreshadowing how he can't help himself?

I think it was supposed to show how he was pre-Saul vs how he was post-Saul when he wouldn't leave through the emergency exit to get out of the trash room. Both messages had DO NOT DO THIS SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES. But, the only rub is the door would involve the police, which he would no doubt want to avoid so..:dunno:

2 hours ago, Commodore said:

It's crazy how menacing he is given the actor plays a hapless clown in Orphan Black

I'm glad Saul is back at the law firm, his transition at the end of Season 1 was too sudden and unearned. Is the explanation that he was initially engaging in self-sabotage and then changed his mind and decided to grow up when she wouldn't answer the phone?

Agree, considering how few lines he had.

I took the light switch to mean that yes, he can't help himself, he has to break rules and push the envelop.  It was really strange for him to have refused the job offer....but we know somehow he will sabotage himself or else he wouldn't have ended up Saul Goodman in the strip mall.

I still hate that Walt killed Mike, but at least he has a second life in the prequel.

4 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Oh my god I knew I recognised that douchebag Ken, Walt blew his car up in S1 love it when the writers do things like that and the kevin costner thing for example.

Was that the same guy?  I thought so at first but then I thought he looked different, heavier.

3 hours ago, Ruhail said:

Oh my god I knew I recognised that douchebag Ken, Walt blew his car up in S1 love it when the writers do things like that and the kevin costner thing for example.

Immediately after he said his name I knew it was him and I was so giddy.  Also that 50 dollar a shot tequila that left him the bill for was the same brand of tequila that Gus used to poison the Mexican cartel. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Okay, so I DVR'd the entire first season so I could get caught up on this. I love Breaking Bad and hope this even comes close to it as a show. One question. Is this after the events of Breaking Bad or before?

99% before, so far. The first episode opens with post-Breaking Bad Saul, then flashes back. They haven't ruled out doing episodes that take place after. 

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Okay, so I DVR'd the entire first season so I could get caught up on this. I love Breaking Bad and hope this even comes close to it as a show. One question. Is this after the events of Breaking Bad or before?

I think it does.  I was REALLY skeptical of the concept, it's not Breaking Bad, but it's pretty good, it has the same quirky sensibility, same layering.  And Mike Ehrmantraut!   Mike alone is almost enough reason to watch it.  And there are other little call backs and cameos, not too many so far...but I highly recommend it.

17 hours ago, RumHam said:

99% before, so far. The first episode opens with post-Breaking Bad Saul, then flashes back. They haven't ruled out doing episodes that take place after. 

I would like to see that. 

Sure in BB he went into hiding at the end, but it never showed his fighting spirit being broken like how he is now at Cinnabon. 

Before Cinnabon he had a Charlie Hustle mentality and we never saw what changed that (and no the end of BB didn't show his spirit broken). 

13 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I think it does.  I was REALLY skeptical of the concept, it's not Breaking Bad, but it's pretty good, it has the same quirky sensibility, same layering.  And Mike Ehrmantraut!   Mike alone is almost enough reason to watch it.  And there are other little call backs and cameos, not too many so far...but I highly recommend it.

just watching Mike stare at the Hummer and shaking his head is gold

2 minutes ago, Commodore said:

I would like to see that. 

Sure in BB he went into hiding at the end, but it never showed his fighting spirit being broken like how he is now at Cinnabon. 

I'm hoping that his defacing the wall and signing it with Saul's initials suggests a return to his old ways.  

Finally got to watch this last night. Damn good show. I think he realized that Kim wouldn't live like that forever, that her and him scamming people is just a fairy tale. He realized that and took the job. Agree on the light switch thing, just shows he can't follow the rules, and how later he can't push open the door because it would trigger a police response.

Mike and the idiot with the hummer was perfect, he got exactly what Mike was trying to prevent.

Archived