Which new sample chapter do you want most?

Hos the Hostage

A fan can dream, if not actually read tWoW anytime soon. So far we have had sample chapters from the following characters:

1. Tyrion
  2. Arya
  3. Sansa
  4. Theon
  5. Ser Barristan
  6. Arianne
  7. Aeron Damphair Greyjoy (though GRRM never read or published it anywhere yet, afaik)

Now, if by some miraculous fortune, we get another sample chapter from a PoV other than these seven, which one do you want the most ?

Not a new PoV, but from the existing PoVs who are you most eager to read about? That question might actually be a no-brainer, but I think Jon, Melisandre, and Jaime are out of question since their stories will reveal important cliffhangers. Brienne PoV is also of this nature, but he could use a chapter to show what happened between her uttering 'Sword' and her meeting with Jaime near the village of Pennytree.

This might be an unpopular choice, but personally, I would like to read a Samwell chapter. Needs to know what happened to Marwyn and the Sphinx, what did he do with Aemon's corpse, and if Gilly found a safe home in Horn Hill.

I don't about you guys, but i'm part of the minority that want Asha and Aeron sample chapter. I still need to know what Stannis is doing from Asha's POV (though we already know from Theon's POV, but still). GRMM said Aeron's chapter have some twisted stuff to it so i really want to read his so badly so we can all shut up about the Euron molestation on Aeron theory.

Also this:

6 hours ago, Ice Turtle said:

Prologue.

I like the idea of the Aeron chapter - it has been sold to us as one that, I think, would give us more background to the Greyjoys and to the internal family politics in Pyke (I also want it as a sort of point of comparison between what Egg says about Aerion Brightflame and Euron's treatment of Aeron). 

That said, I find myself more and more wanting - and I am not sure I can believe it myself! - a JonCon chapter. I want to see his perspective of Arianne and her troop, how his greyscale is progressing, and to find out more about the Golden Company.  I want to see them at work, and to try and get an idea of just who these 'friends in the Reach' are. Also, I want to see if Aurane Waters, the Pirate King, has picked up any members of the Golden Company and, if so, what he has done with them - ransomed them back, held onto them to be sold as slaves, or joined Team Aegon?   

41 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

May be in the minority, but I don't want another chapter.  I don't want to be spoiled anymore than I already am by reading the first 10 or so chapters, lol. 

I want a Davos chapter though, if I had to vote

I have to agree. If a sample chapter does come out I would love for it to be Davos. I don't think his first chapter of WoW would spoil everything. It will probably be half flashback to his trip to Skagos and the other half his "politicking" to stay alive and find Rickon. Or  I could be completely wrong and his first chapter is fast forwarded to a later time. 

2 hours ago, BlackBethaRidesAgain said:

I have to agree. If a sample chapter does come out I would love for it to be Davos. I don't think his first chapter of WoW would spoil everything. It will probably be half flashback to his trip to Skagos and the other half his "politicking" to stay alive and find Rickon. Or  I could be completely wrong and his first chapter is fast forwarded to a later time. 

Or Davos outside Winterfell with an hidden army of cannibal wargs about to destroy Ramsay and save Stannis....One can dream, one can dream

10 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

May be in the minority, but I don't want another chapter.  I don't want to be spoiled anymore than I already am by reading the first 10 or so chapters, lol. 

I want a Davos chapter though, if I had to vote

I thought I was the only one to feel this way :cheers: Thanks for making me feel sane if only for one moment. 

Knowing the sample chapters will most likely be edited somehow by the time they are published (:lol:) I don't want to confuse any moreinfo being dished out. 

IF I did vote the I would take either Bran or Asha or Davos. 

I am actually one who actually wants spoilers because my patience levels aren't great lol If I could have anyone (but no way that is ever going to happen) it would be Jon of course since well... is he alive / dead /warging / undead???  But it would be such a huge spoiler that no way.  In fact I am beginning to wonder if we would learn his fate for definite (other than some heresay from another character/s) in WOW at all or whether it will be left for the final instalment.  Now, Melissandre would have the same revelatory effect but not even sure I could read her POV.  Of all the characters in the series, this one is the only one I have a huge, huge issue with, not just with her character morally, don't know... creeps me in a very spectacular way (which is great in that George has managed to create something - will not ever call her "someone" - who is capable of such an irrational response from a reader though.  I personally think she is one of the creepiest supernatural things I have ever read about.  In fact, I am not sure if my view's on Jon won't be terribly tainted if she resurrects him... (which I am dreading...) so leaving those two out... I would probably go for Cersei too in that yes, so much is happening around her that it would be great to find out but whatever we get will be happy to read though... :)

Archived