Bladerunner 2

Fez

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

im crying i so hope it looks good the music my heart 

Unfortunately, it is not Vangelis that will compose the soundtrack, it is Jóhann Jóhannsson. But he has been working with Villeneuve on all his movies, so I think he is capable of creating great atmospheric music.

20 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Unfortunately, it is not Vangelis that will compose the soundtrack, it is Jóhann Jóhannsson. But he has been working with Villeneuve on all his movies, so I think he is capable of creating great atmospheric music.

Jóhann Jóhannsson is really talented.  I wouldn't be worried at all, that's a damn good choice of composer.

On 5/8/2017 at 1:22 PM, Relic said:

Looks potentially great.

Fist question that comes to mind, seeing Ford back in two iconic roles recently - Does he bite it in this one as well? 

Hopefully in the first act because he's been terrible for quite some time now.

9 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Hopefully in the first act because he's been terrible for quite some time now.

I haven't seen many of whatever he did recently, other than The Force Awakens, and I thought he was quite good in that one.

4 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I haven't seen many of whatever he did recently, other than The Force Awakens, and I thought he was quite good in that one.

He sufficed given the script.. I don't know if I would use the word "good" but I find Star Wars hard to judge objectively because the little kid in me tends to come out during all the non-prequel movies.

On Tuesday, May 09, 2017 at 2:31 PM, the hound of sansa said:

The trailer was visually stunning. I kept seeing Leto's Joker though..

I don't like leto and I'm trying to just ignore him in it :lol: 

On Tuesday, May 09, 2017 at 5:33 PM, .H. said:

Jóhann Jóhannsson is really talented.  I wouldn't be worried at all, that's a damn good choice of composer.

Yeah I mean I would have loved vangelis but I'm hoping this guy will produce a great score. 

On Monday, May 08, 2017 at 7:22 PM, Relic said:

Looks potentially great.

Fist question that comes to mind, seeing Ford back in two iconic roles recently - Does he bite it in this one as well? 

He totally will tbh. I think he's trying to kill off his franchises and settle down haha. Don't think he has any particular fondness for them which is a shame but when he's played such good characters and been so enjoyable to watch on screen it's easy to forgive him for that. 

5 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Yeah I mean I would have loved vangelis but I'm hoping this guy will produce a great score.

I couldn't really tell if you guys were just being pessimistic, or just actually unaware of Jóhannsson's work.  Seems it is much more of the latter.

I think him and Max Richter might well be the two best composers for film at the moment that no one has really ever heard of.  I'd invite you to explore his work and see for yourself, I am not pretending to be an expert, in fact, just the opposite.

2 hours ago, .H. said:

I couldn't really tell if you guys were just being pessimistic, or just actually unaware of Jóhannsson's work.  Seems it is much more of the latter.

I think him and Max Richter might well be the two best composers for film at the moment that no one has really ever heard of.  I'd invite you to explore his work and see for yourself, I am not pretending to be an expert, in fact, just the opposite.

I'm not really a pessimistic person tbh I will listen to his work soon 

11 hours ago, .H. said:

A bit of both for me. I had looked up his name and saw that he has worked on all of Villenueve's known films, and was even nominated for an Oscar for Sicario. But the Sicario score wasn't that memorable for me, nor has the song that you linked convinced me, either. However, listening to some of the Arrival score did make me more optimistic. He is good, but the question is whether or not he can do BR justice. His style seems quite different from Vangelis. I wonder if he'll attempt any kind of electronic music to be in spirit with the original.

Archived