Bladerunner 2

Fez

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/1dfa0fef05c84b5281e0e0858f47eba7/blade-runner-sequel-slated-january-2018

It's confirmed. Coming January 2018, starring Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford. Directed by the guy who did Sicario. Not sure how I feel about this.

Also, it takes place "several decades" after the original and Ford is playing Deckard; confirmation that he's not a replicant?

34 minutes ago, Fez said:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/1dfa0fef05c84b5281e0e0858f47eba7/blade-runner-sequel-slated-january-2018

It's confirmed. Coming January 2018, starring Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford. Directed by the guy who did Sicario. Not sure how I feel about this.

Also, it takes place "several decades" after the original and Ford is playing Deckard; confirmation that he's not a replicant?

He could be "the face of the model". Kind of like Arnie in the Terminator flicks.

/Well wait, shit, that doesn't work does it? There wouldn't be a model that would live to current Harrison Ford age anyways, right? I don't know. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rychard Wrythen said:

IDK, they'll make it work somehow. Not sure where the story will go at this point if he is indeed human, but I am intrigued.

I wish I had this optimism...then again the revisit to Mad Max after 30 odd years was fucking spectacular, but I would just feel so much better if it was Ridley Scott directing. He is SO hit and miss but I think with a blade Runner sequel he would take a lot of care to get it right...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:41 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

I wish I had this optimism...then again the revisit to Mad Max after 30 odd years was fucking spectacular, but I would just feel so much better if it was Ridley Scott directing. He is SO hit and miss but I think with a blade Runner sequel he would take a lot of care to get it right...

Yeah. Scott is often awesome. Haven't seen Sicario ...

Sicario was decent.  I had higher expectations after watching its' trailers (which I thought were a bit misleadin,g) and Prisoners, so was a little disappointed.

Villaeueve seems like a good choice for the dark noirish aspect. Just wish they had left Bladerunner alone and done a separate, unconnected movie or maybe set in the same Universe.

This movie in contrast to Altered Carbon will be interesting.  

Re: Mad Max. That movie is an outlier to me. If Holllywood tries to continue any of the past scifi movies (Total Recall, Robocop), I think 99% of them would be disappointing.  George had a story and a vision for the next movie. Studios are making this movie for the name and money. 

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

Sicario was decent.  I had higher expectations after watching its' trailers (which I thought were a bit misleadin,g) and Prisoners, so was a little disappointed.

Yeah, I think I might like it better on rewatch, but it was completely different than what I expected.

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

Re: Mad Max. That movie is an outlier to me. If Holllywood tries to continue any of the past scifi movies (Total Recall, Robocop), I think 99% of them would be disappointing.  George had a story and a vision for the next movie. Studios are making this movie for the name and money. 

Might as well go ahead and add Ghostbusters to that list.

On 03/03/2016 at 3:41 AM, Theda Baratheon said:

Like with the other SF film he's so famous for?

7 hours ago, WarGalley said:

This movie in contrast to Altered Carbon will be interesting.  

You know there's a HBO show of "altered Carbon" coming out, right? Or is that what you mean by saying "contrast"? I've a strong feeling it will show the contrast between the power of TV over film these days. It may also contrast how making something because you believe in the product over "folk will watch it because they liked the original". I'd like both to be great though.

16 hours ago, red snow said:

You know there's a HBO show of "altered Carbon" coming out, right? Or is that what you mean by saying "contrast"? I've a strong feeling it will show the contrast between the power of TV over film these days. It may also contrast how making something because you believe in the product over "folk will watch it because they liked the original". I'd like both to be great though.

Ya that's what I meant by contrast.. both seem like they're coming out in a similar timeline even though it's very early. I think you're right in that a 10 hour series seems superior right off the bat over a 2 hour movie. Will be interesting to see how they compare. Also it's on Netflix (not HBO)-- which seems like another step up these days.

• 3 months later...
On 18/03/2016 at 0:53 AM, WarGalley said:

Ya that's what I meant by contrast.. both seem like they're coming out in a similar timeline even though it's very early. I think you're right in that a 10 hour series seems superior right off the bat over a 2 hour movie. Will be interesting to see how they compare. Also it's on Netflix (not HBO)-- which seems like another step up these days.

Yeah - still getting used to Netflix having HBO's reputation these days :)

Thought you meant in contrast to the "altered Carbon" book or film that never happened. Guess we're on the same page.

On 27/06/2016 at 2:48 PM, Calibandar said:

The film has been brought forward to October 2017. Cool.

Good - it feels like this film was announced ages ago for it not to be out before then.

On 27/06/2016 at 6:35 PM, Let's Get Kraken said:

Blade Runner is different. It was a perfect standalone movie.

But Hollywood doesn't do standalones (we'll get inception and Interstellar 2 by someone other than Nolan eventually). It wants franchises and bankable entities. Again, we have to look at Netflix and Cable to get something "new" (if we assume adaptations of books are new)

On 3/17/2016 at 4:48 AM, Theda Baratheon said:

Hmm. Good point, I guess...I hope this film is brilliant anyway I just can't get excited until I see a trailer. 

As for me, I'm just going to keep it simple and delegate.  I won't get excited about this until Theda is officially excited.

Archived