Jump to content

Dark Showers


Fez

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Really?  I think I'd like to have the window...if only for some relaxing sunlight to come into the darkened bathroom...that seems more relaxing to me...

That sounds more like a natural light shower rather than a dark shower. I'm not opposed to the idea, but it strikes me as a very different thing. A 'quiet reflection' sort of shower instead of a 'sensory-deprivation, womb-like' sort of shower.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Fez said:

That sounds more like a natural light shower rather than a dark shower. I'm not opposed to the idea, but it strikes me as a very different thing. A 'quiet reflection' sort of shower instead of a 'sensory-deprivation, womb-like' sort of shower.

I suppose.  I guess I'm thinking in terms of a draped window with the warm glow of the sun making things kinda orangish...yeah...that's it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

To not have dark beer showered is to have never lived at all!

Wait a minute!  Now, are we still talking about showering in the dark while enjoying a beer or are we now talking about actually showering in dark beer?!  Because that's a whole new ball-game!  I mean, porter, stout, dunkel...what?! :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Wait a minute!  Now, are we still talking about showering in the dark while enjoying a beer or are we now talking about actually showering in dark beer?!  Because that's a whole new ball-game!  I mean, porter, stout, dunkel...what?! :P

I am an open minded man, and thus would not want to limit one's options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Always a wise policy!  Of course, one could always go a bit meta and enjoy a nice dark beer while showering in dark beer;)

Wouldn't that make the beer in hand redundant, unless of corse you're mixing different beers?

Also, if you want to take your game to the next level, do a dark beer steam room experience. My shower has a steam room option and it does supplant the dark beer shower experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Really?  I think I'd like to have the window...if only for some relaxing sunlight to come into the darkened bathroom...that seems more relaxing to me...

If you want to come over here and make a window I'm here ALL WEEK.  As it stands,

Dark shower is awesome.  THANK YOU.  (yes there was beer.  No, no shampoo.  Yes, shaving happened and it went just fine.  I sat in the tub at the end and just totally enjoyed myself.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've never done a shower totally in the dark, but I've done them with a scented candle providing low ambient light. They're pretty relaxing, although I got tired of them for some reason I can't remember. 

I've still got to try the Shower Beer, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fez,

I've been taking Dark Showers ever since I was around 7 or so.  I get horrible migraines/stress headaches and it tends to help me manage the pain at those times.  I love'em.

I do have a very dim night light now since being in a larger bathroom and nearly murdering myself one day, but with the shower curtain it doesn't throw it off too much.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2016 at 11:22 PM, MercifulChief said:

Real hard to judge shampoo from conditioner in the dark.  I may have used them in reverse. 

Hence the importance of a simple 3-in-1 wash that works as soap, shampoo, and conditioner. One bottle, zero fuss.

Now that's a good idea regardless of shower type.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't take showers, I only take luxurious Cleopatra-style bath at this point, with essential oils, mare's milk, and flower petals to cleanse my body and soul. 

 

I've taken baths in the dark (but a shower in the dark seems dangerous, you could slip in the tub and hurt yourself) and they're fun. I've also taken baths in the dark with only a candle, which is quite a spiritual experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Fez said:

Hence the importance of a simple 3-in-1 wash that works as soap, shampoo, and conditioner. One bottle, zero fuss.

Now that's a good idea regardless of shower type.

My skin is too delicate and my hair too fancy for this wonder product.

I just need to be more organized.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...