Bakker XLIII - the prattle of unnumbered years

sologdin

@Triskan, recall the asps in that exchange. Moe tells Kellhus that he hasn't have his eyes with him. Which we know to be a lie. As soon as Moe dispatched the SS's the asps come to him. Moe was a step ahead in every sense. People wonder how Moe dispatched the skin-spies so easily, the Psukhe? No he seen everything with his eyes (asps). And I have been thinking, especially in regards to your question on nut brown skin and swazond being absent on Meppa. A soul(s) transfer of Moe and Cauir to Meppa, then those things are irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

@Triskan, recall the asps in that exchange. Moe tells Kellhus that he hasn't have his eyes with him. Which we know to be a lie. As soon as Moe dispatched the SS's the asps come to him. Moe was a step ahead in every sense. People wonder how Moe dispatched the skin-spies so easily, the Psukhe? No he seen everything with his eyes (asps). And I have been thinking, especially in regards to your question on nut brown skin and swazond being absent on Meppa. A soul transfer of Moe and Cauir to Meppa, then those things are irrelevant.

i bet a psukhe glamor would make Moe appear however the heck he wants to appear, whatever the body, eyes/no eyes, and of course no mark to make anyone suspicious.

9 minutes ago, CorwinusJ said:

Run before you can walk, fly before you can run, reach out for the heavens and if you fail at least you'll know it was impossible. (can't remember authors name. If anyone can remind I'd be thankful)

Uh, according to the internet, that quote appears to be a paraphrase of Terry Pratchett.

First response to this article:

https://launiusr.wordpress.com/2012/02/08/why-explore-space-a-1970-letter-to-a-nun-in-africa/

Led me to here:

https://books.google.com/books?id=HdfUAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA48&lpg=PA48&dq=Run+before+you+can+walk,+fly+before+you+can+run+Terry+Pratchett&source=bl&ots=SJ4E-uaIaL&sig=vyWOWU4DbZu4zmYDqTz-bVIwz2Q&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj895SX4KXLAhUGax4KHUxOCJoQ6AEILjAD#v=onepage&q=Run%20before%20you%20can%20walk%2C%20fly%20before%20you%20can%20run%20Terry%20Pratchett&f=false

here:

http://word-tree.tumblr.com/post/48264697017/never-run-before-you-walk-fly-before-you-crawl

and here:

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/229337-no-moist-s-fist-thumped-the-table-never-say-that-tolliver

Hope that helps you with your search.

1 hour ago, Wilshire said:

You, sir, just made my night. It's almost 3 am here and I hope I haven't woken my brother up from laughing at how random this was. Thank you for giving me this info.

(and I apologize for being off-topic)

That's Wilshire, my number two at Second Apocalypse forum. Much more universally adored than I. Mostly because he isn't poisoned by the Westerosi well ;).

EDIT: And yeah, I made an alt when I was banned for eight days. Now it can be my phone account until it gets banned for conduct.

12 hours ago, Wilshire said:

I had a good feeling about that date, fantastic that it really comes out. I will need to book some reading time in July.

Unless I've been preceded again by bakkerfans (I swear that post wasn't there when I posted), the audiobook is slated for September 1st

http://www.recordedbooks.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=rb.show_prod&book_id=93937

That info was tweeted to the bakkerfans recently.

Off topic:

CorwinusJ: I would have PM'd but I may be blocked from it until I have more posts or something... Either way, I google the phrase and I'm guessing its you who shows up all over the internet's forums with that exact sig. It looked like you've had it for years, so I figured I'd try to help lol. Glad my goojitsu worked out for you.

That's Wilshire, my number two at Second Apocalypse forum. Much more universally adored than I. Mostly because he isn't poisoned by the Westerosi well ;).

I know not from what darkness these words come.

2 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Assuming that we do indeed have a firm July 2016 release date for this one, dare we hope that we'll really get the next book in 2017?  I really hope so and that it's not like GRRM's little note at the end of AFFC.

We're getting one book, let's not get greedy.

is there some suggestion that the third movement will need five volumes?  or do you mean conceptually it will be that weighty--legalistic and terrible? or rather that chronologically it casts back to the arche?

I thought he was making a past is prologue reference.

I'm not sure what the past is prologue refers to. While I have been spoiled on a number of Bakker's loftier ambitions regarding TSTSNBN, I was poking jest at how The Second Apocalypse was supposed to be a trilogy and The Aspect-Emperor was supposed to be a duology.

On 21-2-2016 at 5:43 AM, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Assuming that we do indeed have a firm July 2016 release date for this one, dare we hope that we'll really get the next book in 2017?  I really hope so and that it's not like GRRM's little note at the end of AFFC.

I don't see why we wouldn't, Bakker has recently said that that is the plan.

With TGO coming out as claimed I don't see why TUC wouldn't come out in 2017 either, especially since the book is finished, only the extensive glossary is being worked on according to Scott. So yes, TUC in 2017, but of course that is quite a ways off.

I'm not sure what the past is prologue refers to. While I have been spoiled on a number of Bakker's loftier ambitions regarding TSTSNBN, I was poking jest at how The Second Apocalypse was supposed to be a trilogy and The Aspect-Emperor was supposed to be a duology.

Yeah that's what I meant. Might be misusing the idiom.

Quote from Bakker on the old three-sees forum.

Before the First Apocalypse the Dunyain were a heretical community of Kuniuric ascetics 
(originally based in Sauglish) who sought enlightenment (the Absolute) through the study and 
practice of reason (the Logos). They were a young movement, but they had already suffered 
sporadic persecution for some time. But since the Kunniat faith practiced by the High 
Norsirai was not hierarchical, no concerted effort was made to punish their atheism.  

This give more credence to the idea that the Dunyain were a product of Seswatha. They were originally from Sauglish, hell it could even be surmised that they found the map in the ruins of the the library, though I doubt it. 

Archived