Bakker XLIII - the prattle of unnumbered years

sologdin

7 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

I like everyone's replies. Good discussion.

Re: kyudea it is a sacred bathhouse in the tropics, not a typical northern nonman mansion. Very doubtful there is a topos there.

Pretty much with you there, I don't feel there that mansion is specifically a topoi.  However, the fact that Moe is in a bath-house and surrounds himself with water though just can't be a coincidence though.  It's means something.  What I'm not sure though.

Perhaps him being surrounded by water is saying that he has conditioned the place with Water?

2 hours ago, .H. said:

Pretty much with you there, I don't feel there that mansion is specifically a topoi.  However, the fact that Moe is in a bath-house and surrounds himself with water though just can't be a coincidence though.  It's means something.  What I'm not sure though.

Perhaps him being surrounded by water is saying that he has conditioned the place with Water?

2 hours ago, lokisnow said:

I like everyone's replies. Good discussion.

Re: kyudea it is a sacred bathhouse in the tropics, not a typical northern nonman mansion. Very doubtful there is a topos there.

I just figured since Nonmen hadmen as slaves,  they woukdve been there also. Might not be on a level with Cil-Aujus I doubt. 

The more I think about it the more I like the theory that Moe takes over.

Consider:

• We have precedent of soul switching with the Consult.
  • The Nonman emissary talking about demonic posession.
  • Don't remember the exact quote but it started like "What kind of father..[would punish his children like that?]" in one of the camp-site discussions at the great Ordeal.
  • Supposedly that would make Meppa Moe's cast off shell left without anything to block the flow of Water.
  • The Chorae didn't kill him because there was no contradiction left.

Yes/No/Nonsense?

5 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I just figured since Nonmen had men as slaves,  they would've been there also. Might not be on a level with Cil-Aujus I doubt. 

It's possible.  What got me thinking that maybe there wasn't was the whole, "bathing is holy" thing.  That says to me that Kyudea was different, perhaps because it was a holy spot for them they restrained how badly they treated the slaves (or perhaps didn't even allow Men there).

While there is a good chance that many mansions are topoi, I don't think they all are.  Ishterebinth doesn't seem to be.  And if my theory is right, neither is Ishual.

11 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

@Sci-2, Bakker is doing a Q&A at SA, there is a new thread for any questions. Here is your chance to get answers about dragan and chorae. Going to bed, had to let you know first.  Good Luck! :)

Excellent, the time to ply answers for the greatest of questions has come.

Thanks!

@Sci-2, Bakker is doing a Q&A at SA, there is a new thread for any questions. Here is your chance to get answers about dragan and chorae. Going to bed, had to let you know first.  Good Luck! [emoji4]

Thanks!

Oh hmmm. I wonder if I remember how to log in over there. Can someone ask whether the "miracle" of Serwe's heart after the Circumfix was accomplished by mundane, arcane or divine means?

2 hours ago, Sci-2 said:

Thanks!

I posted a long gestating series of questions inspired by last summers incredible philosophical explorations, I hope I didn't cock it up too much, hopefully you and sologdin and Happy Ent can correct it if I did so:

http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=1711.0

In, Timaeus Plato explores both chora and topos which is apparently catnip to philosophers who come after, as we can read in Derrida’s Sauf le nom

Did your usage of the terms “chorae” and “topos” arise from the philosophical genealogy springing from Timaeus’ loins? 

Is there an intimate relationship between chorae and topos we readers may not be aware of? 

At one point, the complexity of the universe is deconstructed downwards to the simple phrase, “The circuit of watcher and watched that underwrites all existence,” the circuit as described is a polarity or binary, does a chorae shake the foundations of this structuration?

Does a chorae deconstruct deconstruction?

Does the aporos articulate undeconstructible language?

I'm really curious about the divide and what revelations are in the first vs. the second half. At least it's only a year to wait, but it'll be an interesting year I bet.

the final volume will probably become a derridean joke insofar as the ultimate significance will be endlessly deferred through continual splits of the final volume: two parts becomes three; three to four; five; &c, becoming indeterminate in length.

For kal:

Was the "womb plague" an actual plague or is the womb plague a lie the cunoroi males have perpetuated?

For example: did the cunoroi face a "choice" between killing all the cunoroi females or bend the knee to the inchoroi; and the cunoroi chose to kill all their females rather than changing their mind to admit the inchoroi were right?

is there any proof that there were in fact female cunoroi?  are they even gendered in the way we expect?  maybe they just made them up to fake a genocide allegedly by the innocent inchies, who are simply interplanetary refugees.  people say the damnedest things about refugees yaknow.

the final volume will probably become a derridean joke insofar as the ultimate significance will be endlessly deferred through continual splits of the final volume: two parts becomes three; three to four; five; &c, becoming indeterminate in length.

Derrida is so Zeno derivative. [emoji14]

On 3/8/2016 at 9:56 PM, unJon said:

Thanks!

Oh hmmm. I wonder if I remember how to log in over there. Can someone ask whether the "miracle" of Serwe's heart after the Circumfix was accomplished by mundane, arcane or divine means?

Done ->

http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=1716.0

New Cast was recorded last night.  For the few who are interested it should be edited and posted soon-ish.

We cover TTT on this one and we had a bunch of casters on this one so hopefully there is less of my annoying voice.

I'll share the link once it's finalized.

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

B&N here started stocking all the Bakker books again, so that's usually a good sign that the publisher is actually starting to advertise/let people know a new book is coming.

how's it a good sign for you, since you're on fire with hate?

Archived