Books similar to "The knight of seven kingdoms"

Sir Bronn

17 hours ago, Sir Bronn said:

Anyone, anything?

Could you be more specific? Similar to Knight of the Seven Kingdoms in what way? About knights and chivalry? A collection of shorter works about the same character/characters? Set in Westeros? Some other aspect I'm not picking up on?

I presume you mean a series of short stories (connected or not) set in the same world? There's the following:

The Tales of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach by Steven Erikson. Set in the world of The Malazan Book of the Fallen. Collects together three novellas.

Sharp Ends by Joe Abercrombie. Set in the world of The First Law Trilogy.

Galactic North by Alastair Reynolds. Set in the universe of Revelation Space.

A Second Chance at Eden by Peter F. Hamilton. Set in the universe of The Night's Dawn Trilogy.

Road Brothers by Mark Lawrence. Set in the world of The Broken Empire.

Songs of the Dying Earth by various authors. Set in the world of Jack Vance's The Dying Earth.

The Martians by Kim Stanley Robinson. Set in the universe of The Mars Trilogy

Unfinished Tales by J.R.R. Tolkien. Set in Middle-earth (natch).

Dreamsongs by George R.R. Martin. This contains multiple stories from multiple settings, including ASoIaF (The Hedge Knight), Wild Cards, and The Thousand Worlds.

Particularly useful might be Legends and Legends II, edited by Robert Silverberg and released in 1998 and 2002. These two collections contain a whole ton of stories from different authors all from their signature settings. There's a Dark Tower story by Stephen King, a Discworld story by Terry Pratchett, the Wheel of Time prequel novella New Spring by Robert Jordan and so on.

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

I presume you mean a series of short stories (connected or not) set in the same world? There's the following:

The Tales of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach by Steven Erikson. Set in the world of The Malazan Book of the Fallen. Collects together three novellas.

Sharp Ends by Joe Abercrombie. Set in the world of The First Law Trilogy.

Galactic North by Alastair Reynolds. Set in the universe of Revelation Space.

A Second Chance at Eden by Peter F. Hamilton. Set in the universe of The Night's Dawn Trilogy.

Road Brothers by Mark Lawrence. Set in the world of The Broken Empire.

Songs of the Dying Earth by various authors. Set in the world of Jack Vance's The Dying Earth.

The Martians by Kim Stanley Robinson. Set in the universe of The Mars Trilogy

Unfinished Tales by J.R.R. Tolkien. Set in Middle-earth (natch).

Dreamsongs by George R.R. Martin. This contains multiple stories from multiple settings, including ASoIaF (The Hedge Knight), Wild Cards, and The Thousand Worlds.

Particularly useful might be Legends and Legends II, edited by Robert Silverberg and released in 1998 and 2002. These two collections contain a whole ton of stories from different authors all from their signature settings. There's a Dark Tower story by Stephen King, a Discworld story by Terry Pratchett, the Wheel of Time prequel novella New Spring by Robert Jordan and so on.

That's what I thought he wanted. But isn't reading the short stories before the books kind of pointless? At least for Lawrence it really seems like a bad idea.

15 hours ago, Richard Writhen said:

Ivanhoe.

That was my first thought, assuming knights and chivalry is what the OP is after. Also in that vein, although a completely different story, is Gene Wolfe's The Wizard Knight. It's Wolfe so it goes down the rabbit hole a bit, but knighthood is definitely important to the story. Also, riffs on Norse mythology, Fairie stories, and Arthurian legend, among other things.

We Are All Legends by Darrell Schweitzer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Are_All_Legends

Chronicling the (short story/novella) adventures of Sir Julian in some far away forgotten medieval Europe. Haunting, melancholic, arthurian, folkloric horror etc. I personally rank it among the top three fantasy books I've ever read. 

Archived