BWB London Meet up - Sunday 20 Mar (Cuellar in town)

Cuellar

Hi all, I'm going to be in London on Sunday March 20th.  Let me know if you can to meet up for a pint (and where is a good spot for you).  I could do something in the evening of Monday/Tuesday the 21st/22nd instead since I'm around central London (for work) those 2 days. 

I fly in that Sunday morning and promise to shower!

That does cause a bunch of problems for the people who don't work in London though (I can normally head out to London for an evening because my trains are good, and I have somewhere to stay, and don't mind getting the stupidly expensive train back to work the next morning), but there are other people who probably wouldn't be able to make it out.

Tuesday probably doesn't work for me now (have a VC at work late that night). 

I'm indifferent on Sunday or Monday!  Either works, but usually Sunday means we can start in the afternoon. Chances are that I'll stay near Covent Gardens (or can stay by Bloomsbury Sq). 

Sounds like we got titancat and mountaingoat at least, and can shoot for Sunday.  I'll let you guys pick where and a more specific time, since I've got no idea whats convenient and where is good. 

I will come along whichever day!

Edited to add: at least, I'll try - I totally forgot about an arrangement, but that is likely to be rescheduled. Anyway, the later the date, the likelier I can attend.

As all of the BWB knows, I don't drink.  

JK.  I pretty much drink anything.  I'm fine for doing food and/or drinks depending on how much time people have. I pretty much eat and drink anything (besides haggas). I'm not particularly high maintenance, so a pub is fine and am not on any real budget either.   Afternoon/Evening is probably best for me, and I'm staying at the Hilton in Covent Garden, but can meet up anywhere really. 

My recs for that area would be either the Craft Beer Co on High Holborn, or the new Brewdog Soho just south of Oxford street.

With the caveat that I probably won't be in attendance... though maybe I will.

The Craft Beer Co is indeed a great pub and the best I've seen in London for American craft beer by far.

If you fancy more a British-style affair, the tiny Harp has a selection of ales and ciders. It's a good place to go afterwards, when it has quietened down.

There is a Samuel Smith's pub close to the Craft Beer Co which is separated into several odd-sized bars - worth a look, not really for the beer, though.

The Punch & Judy, Covent Garden, has a downstairs cellar bar that is unusual, but it's getting ridiculously expensive these days.

Wetherspoons has a real ale festival on in all their branches. The Penderels Oak always has space to sit.

There's so many places to pick from. It depends how many of us there will be and whether we want to sit down - we could easily just do a pub crawl and exchange numbers beforehand in case anyone is late.

For food, you can't go wrong with any branch of Cote for simple, delightful French, and just about anywhere will do British food but I have always liked Browns. Otherwise, Chinatown is nearby.

There's so much! But I need to know which day it is, because as it stands right now, I could only make Tuesday - I may be able to change that if I know what we're doing.

Hey everyone, unfortunately I think I am going to have to bow out of a Sunday meet up. There is a lot of Sunday engineering work on the train network and so my train would get diverted all over the place and the normal 50 minute journey will end up closer to 2 hours. Sorry about that.

But if you guys can reschedule for Monday evening that would work for me.

Sounds like only titancat is available? 

Happy to still meet up on Sunday, but Mon/Tue got booked up for me unfortunately.   Maybe could do something late Tuesday (like 10 PM) if someone is nearby and bored. 

Will send Titan my phone number to call/text me to work out specifics in case my internet is spotty. For smoe reason I can't write replies on my phone, which is infuriating...

Alas, things have transpired that I definitely can't do Sunday. I'm not in London. However, Tuesday may be possible (or *very* late on Monday - I'll be in London past 10pm.) I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Archived