Martin confirms reading WINDS chapters at Mysticon

tallTale

14 hours ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

The exact quotes are:

Note the lack of the word NEW. Note the ambiguity about whether this is from TWoW or from Fire and Blood.

I wouldn't even bother warming up the hype train for this.

I agree. I saw this on his blog site and was excited at first but upon rereading I realized he was asked about a reading between two books and he simply answered "yes". It could be from the other book. 

If it is from Winds, then it is probably as Mashable said. I am not too eager for new spoiler chapters because I'd prefer the book :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Masha said:

In ALL previous years when GRRM chose a new POV to counter something in the show, he actually posted the excerpt on his blog, I doubt it would be different now. 

If by some miracle he does read a new POV, most likely it would be Damphair chapter because 1) he wanted to read it before so its ready to be read and 2) New character of Euron is introduced and most likely be controversial - so he wants to pre-empt it. 3) It might be the same excerpt that he would choose to post on his website because I doubt GRRM would want to release two new chapters in space of less 2 months.

I think he's gonna fuck with everyone and it will be Jon Snow, or Ghost. A warg-intro might fit the bill of past prologues (past is prologue anyone???), and also his pattern of scooping the show before anyone else does. He's gotta re-assert that he has control, keep himself at the center of the storytelling, remind everyone who's boss, and most importantly, give us book readers a little bone to hold over the Unsullied.

It's gonna be hard to predict which chapter he will read from to counter the show, or if he will read one from Fire and Blood (admittedly I'm not interest in  hearing the Targaryen's history at this point). If i have to predict which one judging from the deviation of the book, it would be Jaime. If not, then Damphair.

On 2/23/2016 at 3:56 PM, Mathis of Rowan said:

My guess is Dany if it's a new chapter. She's in nearly the same situation in the show as in the books and the show plotline has the potential to be controversial. So it would fit the pattern of the last years.

This seems like it would make the most sense to me as well, though with GRRM recently mentioning the storyline with a character that's dead on the show, a POV in the Stannis camp would make things interesting.

Didnt he have a couple cued up at a past reading, and allowed the audience to pick?  If I recall (without looking back), it was a choice between Damphair and Arianne, and the audience chose Arianne. So he might just use the other one since he was already prepared to let it out.

18 minutes ago, tallTale said:

I apologize if I got everybody's hopes up.

PUH-Leez! You have nothing to apologize for! You only reported what you saw and asked for an opinion.

I mess up a lot. A lot-lot. Ask kissdbyfire or Le Cygne. :cheers: Just this morning I kept thinking that the "twist" was going to be read this morning in a (hopefully) new chapter.

Here is a little something from the Friday Q&A if you want. http://www.idigitaltimes.com/george-rr-martin-faces-down-winds-winter-question-barrage-mysticon-515412 

5 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Martin read Arianne I & II, so it wasn't new material after all. 

According to the program he had an hour to read. That hour takes into account all the courtesies. Basically you're  saying Martin re-read a pre-released chapter in 30 minutes. Sucks.

8 hours ago, dariopatke said:

This is a good thing, it means WoW will come out soon.

I don't know, Man.    There is material he could have used that isn't necessarily "new" but would have been new for the readers.   He could have stayed completely away from TWOW and read something from any of the other books he's working on.    All this hype and hope for TWOW is exhausting.  I don't know that we can read anything into what GRRM does or doesn't do.   I don't know that we can find actual clues to the books in the show.  We won't know anything until we actually read TWOW.  This has to be the most anticipated book ever--at least in my experience.    This reminds me of the early SK days when it was a feeding frenzy if there was even a rumor of new material from him.  I doubt it but sure hope you're right.  

Archived