Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

1 hour ago, dantares83 said:

who is in charge of Dragonstone and Storm End now?

since there is virtually no lords or lady there, why dont the Iron Throne just conquer it?

Loras Tyrell was dispatched to Storm End to conquer it that's why he's dying and I think Cersei just doesn't want to send men to conquer Dragonstone yet. 

But I think Tommen is in charge of both castles now.  

20 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

It's the sigil of House Lonmouth. The Knight of Skulls and Kisses was Richard Lonmouth, a former squire of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen.

Thanks!

It's funny how a close friend of Rhaegar was drinking with the man who'll kill him.

Some say he's hiding and it's named Lemoncloak. It could make sense, even though I find it queer to change one's name and keep that blatant cloak.That's a new clue, I'll take note of what Lem says about drinking.

Eta. It'd be like Arstan wearing a white cloak. Well, he could have worn it, but he left it in KL.

6 hours ago, The Wolves said:

Loras Tyrell was dispatched to Storm End to conquer it that's why he's dying and I think Cersei just doesn't want to send men to conquer Dragonstone yet. 

But I think Tommen is in charge of both castles now.  

Actually, Loras was dispatched to Dragonstone. And in Arianne II, Winds, we learn

that Aegon has captured Storm's End, and an army is marching from King’s to try to take it back.

And you thought all the action was going to be in Meereen and Winterfell. The dragon has three heads ;)

3 minutes ago, Hangover of the Morning said:

What happened to all the old threads? Are they archived somewhere? I wanted to read some of the older topics (e.g. previous R+L=Js or OP for main theories) but the links either don't work or redirect me to a completely different topic. 

The transfer of the forum broke a lot of links. Though I hadn't heard yet about a link directing to a completely different topic.

Google, I think, is your best bet here, as long as you know the name of the thread you are looking for

1 minute ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

The transfer of the forum broke a lot of links. Though I hadn't heard yet about a link directing to a completely different topic.

Google, I think, is your best bet here, as long as you know the name of the thread you are looking for

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Even google gives the wrong links though, such as when I google R+L=J v.159 and end up here after following the link. 

3 hours ago, Hangover of the Morning said:

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Even google gives the wrong links though, such as when I google R+L=J v.159 and end up here after following the link. 

Hmm... It might be that 159 was lost in the forum transfer, I seem to recall that happened for 1 or 2 of those threads. @RumHam might remember.

I clicked on several other links to RLJ threads, but they all gave a 404 error. Perhaps you can report the issue on the Board Issues thread? That they can't be found through google either is just weird.

18 minutes ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Hmm... It might be that 159 was lost in the forum transfer, I seem to recall that happened for 1 or 2 of those threads. @RumHam might remember.

I clicked on several other links to RLJ threads, but they all gave a 404 error. Perhaps you can report the issue on the Board Issues thread? That they can't be found through google either is just weird.

Yeah 158 and 159 existed only on the old forum, the archive of which has since been taken down. But also the topic ID numbers seem to have gotten messed up. You should theoretically be able to find all the others, but the links aren't working. It used to be you could fix that by changing the asoiaf.westeros.org part of the url to forum.westeros.org, but now as I said they've taken down that backup of the old version of the forum. 

I tried searching for them, but get no results for "R+L=J" at all. I suspect the search function is interpreting the + as an "and" or something. 

1 hour ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Yeah 158 and 159 existed only on the old forum, the archive of which has since been taken down. But also the topic ID numbers seem to have gotten messed up. You should theoretically be able to find all the others, but the links aren't working. It used to be you could fix that by changing the asoiaf.westeros.org part of the url to forum.westeros.org, but now as I said they've taken down that backup of the old version of the forum. 

I tried searching for them, but get no results for "R+L=J" at all. I suspect the search function is interpreting the + as an "and" or something. 

That's a shame. None of the links (as far as I can tell) in the compendium of theories work either rendering it useless. 

Use the Google search term: 

R+L=J "westeros.org"

v.159 is currently broken, likely because that was a thread after the start of the transfer.  The older ones seem to be there, at least the ones I looked at. 

Why don't the Martell's hate Rhaegar? Has this been discussed? He abandoned their princess and her children, took 3 Kingsguard away from them who could have potentially helped defend the royal family in King's Landing and essentially left her for another woman.

I understand Aerys kept them for fear of Martell and/or Rhaegar schemes but Rhaegar had enough control over Kingsguard and people at court that he could have done much and more to defend his family before departing for the Trident.

In Jaime's dream he says something along the lines of "I left you to defend my wife and children"...Man, Rhaegar stfu you abandoned them and caused the downfall of your family's rule almost as much as your dad did.  You expect the 16 year old member of the KG to stop an army after you lost the war?  

I all of sudden hate Rhaegar as character a few rereads and new Dornish twow chapter.  You deserved a war hammer to the chest.  

51 minutes ago, Rob Storm said:

Why don't the Martell's hate Rhaegar? Has this been discussed? He abandoned their princess and her children, took 3 Kingsguard away from them who could have potentially helped defend the royal family in King's Landing and essentially left her for another woman.

I understand Aerys kept them for fear of Martell and/or Rhaegar schemes but Rhaegar had enough control over Kingsguard and people at court that he could have done much and more to defend his family before departing for the Trident.

In Jaime's dream he says something along the lines of "I left you to defend my wife and children"...Man, Rhaegar stfu you abandoned them and caused the downfall of your family's rule almost as much as your dad did.  You expect the 16 year old member of the KG to stop an army after you lost the war?  

I all of sudden hate Rhaegar as character a few rereads and new Dornish twow chapter.  You deserved a war hammer to the chest.  

I don't  recall whether we hear any Dornish criticism of Rhaegar, but I don't believe we hear any approval of them either. Regardless of Rhaegar, House Lannister caused the brutal death of Doran's sister, nice and nephew, and Houses Stark, Arryn and Tully help Robert usurp the throne that should have been passed eventually to Elia's son. Doran probably does think badly toward Rhaegar for running off with Lyanna, but Rhaegar is dead. If Aegon is Rhaegar's son, he is also Elia's son. And Daenerys, regardless of her relationship to Rhaegar, has the power to deliver fire and blood upon the Houses that wronged Martell. 

On 3/30/2016 at 2:50 AM, Jon Weirgaryen said:

There's no definite answer to that. We know the Lannister part of the family did travel to and fro between King's Landing and Lannisport and the Stark family might have travelled to Riverrun every now and then. So they might have met on the road, or even on purpose, in Riverrun. Robert might have been absent for whatever reason.

i have heard this, and it is probably right. but if this is the case, who would have been the Stark in Winterfell? if this is the case, you would imagine the Stark's travelling as a family, and the kids would have been young, so you'd assume still travelling with the family.

19 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

18 hours ago, RumHam said:

17 hours ago, Hangover of the Morning said:

That's a shame. None of the links (as far as I can tell) in the compendium of theories work either rendering it useless. 

So I asked Ran in Board Issues and he said to report any links which returned an error message (and presumably the ones which direct to the wrong page). From what I gather so far it's Compendium of theories and selected threads in SQ and R+L=J? 

17 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

So I asked Ran in Board Issues and he said to report any links which returned an error message (and presumably the ones which direct to the wrong page). From what I gather so far it's Compendium of theories and selected threads in SQ and R+L=J? 

Yes, that's the ones that I noticed. Thanks a lot for investigating it. I'll report it to the Board Issues

Is it ever mentioned how long it takes to travel between Sunspear and the Water Gardens? I think it says in AFFC, chp. 2, "The Captain of the Guards", but I don't have the book to hand.

Also, if anybody has any idea how long it'd take an army to march from King's Landing to Storm's End, that'd be swell.

21 minutes ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

Is it ever mentioned how long it takes to travel between Sunspear and the Water Gardens? I think it says in AFFC, chp. 2, "The Captain of the Guards", but I don't have the book to hand.

Also, if anybody has any idea how long it'd take an army to march from King's Landing to Storm's End, that'd be swell.

The Water Gardens are located three leagues from Sunspear. How long it takes you to travel depends on your travel speed, of course. For example, Nymeria Sand, who travels with Doran Martell for a short while (who is on his way from the Water Gardens to Sunspear), arrives at Sunspear several hours before Doran does, because she can travel much faster.

Comparing the distance from KL to SE, it appears to be rather similar to the distance between KL and the Trident (where Rhaegar died). Ned marched his army from the Trident to KL within a fortnight, and the royal court covers that distance in a fortnight as well. Prince Aemond Targaryen marches his army from KL to Harrenhal (a slightly shorter distance) in 18 days. So that gives some idea as to the time it should take an army to travel from SE to KL.

9 hours ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

https://asearchoficeandfire.com/

For when you don't have the books on hand. R_T already answered.

Archived