Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

26 minutes ago, HornblowerHar said:

Its been bothering me that Tywin Lannister married his cousin.  He is all about his legacy and he marries for love?  It would have been smarter for him to marry a lady from a great house to make himself stronger.  I know he was already the second most powerful person in the realm but still.

He was keeping the power inside House Lannister while reaffirming the connection between the of Casterly Rock Lannisters and the of Lannisport Lannisters.

4 hours ago, HornblowerHar said:

Its been bothering me that Tywin Lannister married his cousin.  He is all about his legacy and he marries for love?  It would have been smarter for him to marry a lady from a great house to make himself stronger.  I know he was already the second most powerful person in the realm but still.

4 hours ago, Shireen Purratheon said:

He was keeping the power inside House Lannister while reaffirming the connection between the of Casterly Rock Lannisters and the of Lannisport Lannisters.

What Shireen makes a good point.   Brought the Lannisters together, familialy and politically, became a stronger "team."  It as brings Tywin closer to an Edward I parallel.  Weak father (at least ala Magna Carta) that left him bitter, and became a much harder man after his beloved wife died.  Edward I also (unless I'm mistaken) never married after his wife passed away.  

1 hour ago, Quillon said:

What was the point of Tyrion loosing half of his nose? Did it help with anything character-wise other than he scratches it from time to time? Wasn't he already enough grotesque looking? 

There's a link in my signature (re Illyrio) where I discuss this with others.  Basically the thread touches on the "Sphinx is the riddler..." concerning Tyrion, but that Tyrion (per my theorizing) is the Egyptian sphinx, ie is part lion, part man; not part lion, dragon, man as is seen in the series.  That is, the nose being chopped off is a discredit to chemeric twin theories that Tywin is Joanna, Tywin, AND Aerys' son. 

11 hours ago, Quillon said:

Didn't he have an opinion about Craster?

As disgusting as incest is per se, I think there's still a difference between birthing dozens of children to have sex with them and falling in love with someone you haven't seen since childhood or didn't know was your sibling. What was the reason for bringing this up in the first place?

15 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

As disgusting as incest is per se, I think there's still a difference between birthing dozens of children to have sex with them and falling in love with someone you haven't seen since childhood or didn't know was your sibling. What was the reason for bringing this up in the first place?

are you referring to me?

Does anyone remember this thread??  Trying to find a thread (definitely posted pre-update) concerning Harrenhal being built with the propose of entertaining foreign powers/promoting trade with Essos (at least with regard to how it would benefit the Ironborn)?  

21 hours ago, Isobel Harper said:

Does anyone remember this thread??  Trying to find a thread (definitely posted pre-update) concerning Harrenhal being built with the propose of entertaining foreign powers/promoting trade with Essos (at least with regard to how it would benefit the Ironborn)?  

This one?

I am also searching for a Thread. Do you remember Bustards Favorite Character Poll from last Year. He closed the Poll first after over 200 Votes and posted the Results here. Then he re-opened it after huge interest from other people and closed it after ca. 500 Votes and posted the Results in another Thread. I can't find the second Top 100 after 500 Votes anywhere. I had a Link in another Forum, but that Link lead to a Thread with the Title "Purpose of Asshai".

Has anyone a working Link to the second Top 100 or has someone saved the Top 100 somewhere.

10 hours ago, Maldon Massey said:

I am also searching for a Thread. Do you remember Bustards Favorite Character Poll from last Year. He closed the Poll first after over 200 Votes and posted the Results here. Then he re-opened it after huge interest from other people and closed it after ca. 500 Votes and posted the Results in another Thread. I can't find the second Top 100 after 500 Votes anywhere. I had a Link in another Forum, but that Link lead to a Thread with the Title "Purpose of Asshai".

Has anyone a working Link to the second Top 100 or has someone saved the Top 100 somewhere.

You looking for this

Your Link is the same Link as the Link in my Post.

If you haven't voted yet, the poll is ongoing: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/134263-favorite-asoiaf-characters/ It will not affect this results page (which includes the first 241 votes), but will factor into an updated list further down the road.

He posted the updated List some Months after that, but I can't find it anymore. One Difference was, that Gregor Clegane was somewhere around Place 80 in the second List. And I think, the Top 4 was(in that Order) Jon, Tyrion, Jaime, Arya in the updated List.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 3:15 PM, Maldon Massey said:

Your Link is the same Link as the Link in my Post.

He posted the updated List some Months after that, but I can't find it anymore. One Difference was, that Gregor Clegane was somewhere around Place 80 in the second List. And I think, the Top 4 was(in that Order) Jon, Tyrion, Jaime, Arya in the updated List.

Since that thread that I linked was August 2015, I would think that anything posted on the old board afterwards is probably lost, because it was not backed up when porting into the new board.  The R+L=J threads got messed up, too. 

Archived