Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

I do recall Targ bastards being a dime a dozen during or before the Dance of Dragons. So being a bastard with dragon blood was hands down not the same as a high born bastard or a common bastard.

Personally I don't think any of the Great Bastards needed to take the Targ name, again my opinion - the Great Bastards were still a half step better than the lord of a minor House...might even be on equal ground with many a High Lord.

8 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

And there are at least a couple of now respectable houses that were founded by bastards. Any house with a bar sinister in its sigil was likely founded by a bastard. 

Baratheon was one, iirc.

5 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

Baratheon was one, iirc.

House Baratheon was founded by Orys Baratheon, who was rumored to be Aegon I's bastard halfbrother. So it is not a certainty.

That said, the current Baratheons most definitly have their drop of Targaryen blood (through Rhaelle), and even their ancestors might have had Targaryen ancestry, though distant. Orys is a possibility, but we do know for a fact that Alyssa Velaryon was half Targaryen on her mother's side, and she had two children by Robar Baratheon. Boremund, their son, eventually inherited the title of Lord, and his son Borros (from TPATQ) followed him. So Borros had Targaryen ancestry as well. Whether Borros's line continued House Baratheon is not known (we know he had four daughters, but have no canon or semi-canon information about a son; nor do we know whether one of Borros's daughters actually did marry Prince Aemond, in which case the possibility of her having become pregnant before Aemond's death should be considered).

Boremund did not have any brothers (at least not through Alyssa Velaryon), so if Borros's line did not continue House Baratheon, the Baratheons do not have any Targaryen blood that we know of until Ormund married Princess Rhaelle. 

13 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

Can we block posters from our feeds and if so how do you do it? 

If you hover over someone's name there's an ignore user button. 

One of the most perplexing questions for me is why would Eddard not retrieve the bodies of those that died at the Tower of Joy, after the war was over. As we see with Lady Dustin it's a pretty incompetent stance from a political view.

6 hours ago, Drekinn said:

One of the most perplexing questions for me is why would Eddard not retrieve the bodies of those that died at the Tower of Joy, after the war was over. As we see with Lady Dustin it's a pretty incompetent stance from a political view.

He took Lyanna's body - the rest weren't really his responsibility. He would presumably have informed the Dayne and Reed families of the location.

13 hours ago, Drekinn said:

Not wanting to disturb the final resting place of these people, perhaps..

On 7/8/2016 at 5:07 PM, Lost Melnibonean said:

And there are at least a couple of now respectable houses that were founded by bastards. Any house with a bar sinister in its sigil was likely founded by a bastard. 

Really?  Didn't know that.  Perhaps the meaning of "Bar Emmon" and "Baratheon" is "bastard line of Emmon/Theon?" 

I also wonder if House Connington and House Swann (and other houses with counter-changed sigils) were continued at some point via a bastard line and/or via a bastard line marrying into the legitimate line.

22 hours ago, Drekinn said:

Makes me think there's something fishy going on at the ToJ. Hmmm

On July 9, 2016 at 8:53 PM, Drekinn said:

Because Ned is pretty incompetent from a political view. 

You guys are smart. Is there a timeline of the days events that happened during the day/evening that start before Jon received the pink letter, the reading, the time after and then the mutiny? Maybe with notes of where everyone was? I have a feeling some crazy person has posted this info on some website either here or elsewhere.

Easy request, amirite?

5 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

You guys are smart. Is there a timeline of the days events that happened during the day/evening that start before Jon received the pink letter, the reading, the time after and then the mutiny? Maybe with notes of where everyone was? I have a feeling some crazy person has posted this info on some website either here or elsewhere.

Easy request, amirite?

Are you looking for this, perhaps?

9 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Easy request, amirite?

The last half of the original thread found in the link that R_T posted contains a discussion of the timeline north of the Neck in Dance. 

Archived