Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

On 28.9.2016 at 9:31 PM, Megaera said:

Thats what I thought too - but he doesnt really gain much so I wondered if I had missed something! 

I'm surprised that at least he didnt insist on LP status being restored back to the Lord of Riverrun.

I'm truly no expert on the Lannister-Bolton-Frey-Riverlands conspiracy, but the fact check would be before the Red Wedding: The Freys are the largest and most powerful house in their corner of Riverlands. What they were lacking besides anyone's respect were the LP name and geographical position to exert it. Those latter two were with the Tullys in Riverrun.

Post Red Wedding, Littlefinger, an appearingly powerless nobody did get a luckless financial and power-wise fiasco ruin called Harrenhal and the name and title LP, while house Frey got access to the essential choice bits of the Riverlands in Riverrun.

And who could tell if there even was some sort of a post-Littlefinger agreement as well?

4 hours ago, Jon Weirgaryen said:

And who could tell if there even was some sort of a post-Littlefinger agreement as well?

Do you mean if there was another agreement forcing LF out of his position in the Riverlands? I do not know of any.

1 hour ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

Do you mean if there was another agreement forcing LF out of his position in the Riverlands? I do not know of any.

Nay, I believe that in-story people probably think that LF will die without heirs before long, given he is without any family anyone knows of. That, together with his title, puts his life at stake.
And nay, we do not know of any post LF-agreement.

1 hour ago, FearlessBoggart said:

Is Ser Loras actually dead, or was Aurane Waters lying?

He is not dead yet. He is either dying or Aurane is lying. It's not a small question.

I am pretty positive that Aurane is not giving an all-true account, based on him probably having ambitions and plans of his own. However, that does not tell us what condition Ser Loras is truly in, or if he ever was at Dragonstone etc.

1 hour ago, FearlessBoggart said:

Is Ser Loras actually dead, or was Aurane Waters lying?

As they supped, she bid Aurane to tell the tale again, so she would remember all the details correctly. "I do not want our precious Margaery to hear these tidings from a stranger, after all," she said. "I will tell her myself."

"Your Grace is kind," said Waters with a smile. A wicked smile, the queen thought. Aurane did not resemble Prince Rhaegar as much as she had thought. He has the hair, but so do half the whores in Lys, if the tales are true. Rhaegar was a man. This is a sly boy, no more.

Aurane smile is connected to the story of Loras' burning.  His smile is described as "wicked" and Aurane is described as "sly," so there's something underhanded going on here. 

1. Loras' burning is faked or over-exaggerated.  The "slyness" that Cersei picks up on is Aurane tricking her. 

2. Aurane tricked Loras somehow into getting hurt.  Presumably, he goads him on, much like he did during the Small Council meeting (supporting Cersei's stance on not sending the Redwyne away to the Reach, up-playing the importance of Dragonstone needing to be conquered first) where Loras decides to sail to Dragonstone in the first place.

3. Whether Loras burned or not, Aurane seeks to weaken the Lannister-Tyrell alliance even further, and he smiles "wickedly" knowing that Loras' burning (true or not) will ultimately do this. 

There have been multiple threads on this topic, and I don't think anyone has come to a concensus on what truly happened.  

ETA: Loras hasn't been reported to have died, only to be dying/gravely injured.

4 hours ago, FearlessBoggart said:

I agree, it's not a small question.

@Isobel Harper, could Cersei have also been lying to Maegaery?

I highly doubt it.  If only Cersei is lying, there'd be no one to corroborate her story.  Surely someone would ask Aurane and his crew about what happened to Loras.  

2 hours ago, AdesteFideles said:

Do we have any clues as to whither Qyburn's family name is Hightower?

Zero...although I'm sure some clever person will find a way to twist some obscure piece of text into a clue. 

3 minutes ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Do we know where Reznak mo Reznak is at the end of DwD? What is he doing? 

When Barristan goes to confront Hizdahr, to take him into custody, he recalls that the plan was to do the same with Reznak, until they could be certain of his loyalty. Reznak rushes to Hizdahr's chambers to inform his that the dragons have escaped, apparently temporarily preventing his arrest by Skahaz mo Kandaq, but The Queen's Hand implies that Reznak has been taken into custody, eventually.

When Bhakaz brought his wine, the old knight took one long swallow and sent the boy for water. A few cups of wine might be just the thing to help him sleep, but he would need his wits about him when Galazza Galare returned from treating with the foe. So he drank his wine well watered, as the world grew dark around him. He was very tired, and full of doubts. The Dornishmen, Hizdahr, Reznak, the attack … was he doing the right things? Was he doing what Daenerys would have wanted? I was not made for this. Other Kingsguard had served as Hand before him. Not many, but a few. He had read of them in the White Book. Now he found himself wondering whether they had felt as lost and confused as he did.

1 minute ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

When Barristan goes to confront Hizdahr, to take him into custody, he recalls that the plan was to do the same with Reznak, until they could be certain of his loyalty. Reznak rushes to Hizdahr's chambers to inform his that the dragons have escaped, apparently temporarily preventing his arrest by Skahaz mo Kandaq, but The Queen's Hand implies that Reznak has been taken into custody, eventually.

Thank you!

I was just listening to the chapters where Joffrey dies and Sansa escapes. Sansa says she runs from the feast because the sight of Joffrey dying was too horrible. Do we ever find out what the plan was for getting Sansa out? Littlefinger couldn't have known that Sansa would have run, and if she had stayed another 10-15 minutes she would have been arrested with Tyrion. She clearly wasn't told that Joffrey would be murdered and that she should run when that happened, so I just wonder how littlefinger planned to get her out..

10 hours ago, LordManderlyAsDragonRider said:

I was just listening to the chapters where Joffrey dies and Sansa escapes. Sansa says she runs from the feast because the sight of Joffrey dying was too horrible. Do we ever find out what the plan was for getting Sansa out? Littlefinger couldn't have known that Sansa would have run, and if she had stayed another 10-15 minutes she would have been arrested with Tyrion. She clearly wasn't told that Joffrey would be murdered and that she should run when that happened, so I just wonder how littlefinger planned to get her out..

Dontos told her to escape during the bedding, when all attention would be focused elsewhere.

I'd never considered it, but in the end, I think it was pure luck that she didn't stay with her husband not 10-15 minutes, but 3-5 minutes. That's how narrow her window was and she took it (inadvertedly) right on cue.

9 hours ago, FearlessBoggart said:

Does anyone recall where King Euron is at the end of aDwD? Is he on the Isles? The Shields? Raiding Oldtown? Or is there something in tWoW that I missed?

The last time we see Euron in AFFC, he is at the Shield Islands, having just conquered them. In TWOW

Spoiler

In The Forsaken, we see that Euron has just captured a smaller island near the Arbor.

Archived