Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

6 minutes ago, divica said:

They are obviously giant varys. 

Dont you know that varys killed kevan for the children (of the forest) that put him under a spell to make him small and infiltrate westeros?

Actually, in my head as I asked this question, I was thinking the same exact thing (mostly) :lmao:

7 minutes ago, Ckram said:

Are you talking about the idea that they are not in fact spiders but crabs?

Mmmm, not the idea that I remember reading, but this is interesting, and I could be mis-remembering. I have a different idea on the crabmen thingy, but I am open to hear what you have to say.

6 hours ago, Ckram said:

@The Fattest Leech 

Actually, I have nothing. I was only trying to narrow the search range so I could help you.

Anyway, this old thread summarizes the spider=crab thing.

It’s ok. I appreciate your help. This is why my question was of the small variety :P

I will take a look at that thread now. 

Hey, that thread has the amazing @evita mgfs in there making some good points. Thanks again for the link. I missed that one in searches. 

7 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

It’s ok. I appreciate your help. This is why my question was of the small variety :P

I will take a look at that thread now. 

That might make sense. Do you remember the "dead things in the water" ? Maybe in the past giant crabs existed and the others killed them when they were near the coast?

8 minutes ago, divica said:

That might make sense. Do you remember the "dead things in the water" ? Maybe in the past giant crabs existed and the others killed them when they were near the coast?

Oh so many possablities. The dead things could also be krakens! :devil: I tend to wonder if (after getting the Aeron TWOW Chapter) if Euron is blooding the waters to call the drowned god (Kraken). Maybe the dead things in the water is another of GRRM double entendres? Triple meaning if you count the subtext of Bloodraven in the cave and that imagery. The Valyrians thought their dragons as gods, so why not the Iron Born? The dragon has three heads. 

52 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Oh so many possablities. The dead things could also be krakens! :devil: I tend to wonder if (after getting the Aeron TWOW Chapter) if Euron is blooding the waters to call the drowned god (Kraken). Maybe the dead things in the water is another of GRRM double entendres? Triple meaning if you count the subtext of Bloodraven in the cave and that imagery. The Valyrians thought their dragons as gods, so why not the Iron Born? The dragon has three heads. 

I completly agree that Euron will "summon" krakens. It makes total sense. Besides, have you seen how euron is copying danny ritual to birth the dragons?

He has a wise man (aeron/mirri), his unborn son and a Lord/lady (the mother/drogo) and he is going do drown them (instead of burning). It will be awesome when euron gets his fleet of krakens!!!

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, Kandrax said:

Thanks for your answers. And now really stupid question. Does Shagwell means Fuckgood?  I'm sorry if i am annoying. 

I did not mean that asking a bunch of questions was annoying. It is just the way the other board member went about starting new threads to ask pointless questions that I was referring to. This thread is where you ask those questions. So you are completely safe here.

1 hour ago, Ckram said:

Is it anywhere said (implicitly or explicitly) that Night's Watch vows included celibacy since its beginning?

I don't know if this will help but I believe the words Sam says to the Black Gate in order to pass through is the original NW vows. These vows make no mention of taking no wife. Based on this I believe the original vows did not include celibacy. 

@OtherFromAnotherMother

It escaped me completely. Thanks!

However, I am of the opinion that Black Gate's password is not the original NW's vows but an excerpt of the common vow in which all the sentences begin with "I am" that answers BG's question: "Who are you?".

And yet, you could ask - what came first: the vow or the gate? Can't say I have an answer to that.

36 minutes ago, Widow's Watch said:

I'm a bit confused about Gregor Clegane.

Sandor says that Rhaegar knighted his brother. And Ned says that Gregor had been with Tywin when KL fell, a new-made knight of seventeen years.

When did Rhaegar knight Gregor Clegane exactly? 

Yeah, I'm a bit confused myself. I dunna think there is an exactly.

A Game of Thrones - Sansa II    "My father told everyone my bedding had caught fire, and our maester gave me ointments. Ointments! Gregor got his ointments too. Four years later, they anointed him with the seven oils and he recited his knightly vows and Rhaegar Targaryen tapped him on the shoulder and said, 'Arise, Ser Gregor.'"

46 minutes ago, Widow's Watch said:

I'm a bit confused about Gregor Clegane.

Sandor says that Rhaegar knighted his brother. And Ned says that Gregor had been with Tywin when KL fell, a new-made knight of seventeen years.

When did Rhaegar knight Gregor Clegane exactly? 

The story checks. He was born 265/266 AC, knighted at 16, which would be 281 or 282, prior to Robert's Rebellion, probably the same year when the tourney at Harrenhal took place (281). 

28 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Yeah, I'm a bit confused myself. I dunna think there is an exactly.

A Game of Thrones - Sansa II    "My father told everyone my bedding had caught fire, and our maester gave me ointments. Ointments! Gregor got his ointments too. Four years later, they anointed him with the seven oils and he recited his knightly vows and Rhaegar Targaryen tapped him on the shoulder and said, 'Arise, Ser Gregor.'"

Right there with you.

16 minutes ago, The Sunland Lord said:

The story checks. He was born 265/266 AC, knighted at 16, which would be 281 or 282, prior to Robert's Rebellion, probably the same year when the tourney at Harrenhal took place (281). 

It checks only if he's knighted during the same period that Jaime is also knighted. Rhaegar is off the grid when 282 starts. And before he's gone, he's allegedly on Dragonstone.

10 minutes ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Then probably before Harrenhal. 

This is what Ned says about Gregor;

He had been with Lord Tywin when King's Landing fell, a new-made knight of seventeen years, even then distinguished by his size and his implacable ferocity. (Eddard VII, AGOT 30)

If Gregor was knighted in 281, then he's not a new-made knight of seventeen. 

This is where my confusion stems from.

Archived