Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

7 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Why isn't advocating fictional child murder and torture forbidden on this site?

Lol! I would imagine whoever you are accusing of advocating fictional child murder & torture likely did not advocate any such thing but rather gave a reason for such or a possible motive. Of course I could be wrong but barring that we do have freedom of speech. If there is such a person on this forum they are likely trolling & if you ignore them they will go away. 

7 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Lol! I would imagine whoever you are accusing of advocating fictional child murder & torture likely did not advocate any such thing but rather gave a reason for such or a possible motive. Of course I could be wrong but barring that we do have freedom of speech. If there is such a person on this forum they are likely trolling & if you ignore them they will go away. 

I'm speaking about "kill all Freys".  I remember that someone has written how he would set wolves on children.

1 hour ago, Kandrax said:

I'm speaking about "kill all Freys".  I remember that someone has written how he would set wolves on children.

Without seeing the quote in context I can't really judge but like I said if you ignore them they will stop. You can always block them as well. 

11 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Without seeing the quote in context I can't really judge but like I said if you ignore them they will stop. You can always block them as well. 

No such thing as an innocent Frey or Bolten, they must all die. in Walder Frey's case, I want him to die last, after "all' his children are dead. From the new born's to his eldest. Just for the mockery of Rob's death, I would feed the youngest of his children to wolves right infront of him. Yes, I can hate fictional characters lol.

This is from "Is bad to wish death of the Boltons and Freys?" topic.

On 06/01/2018 at 1:34 AM, divica said:

If a married man choses to go to the Wall can his wife marry again?

Since heirs of Lords that go to the Wall succeed their fathers as if the latters had died (e.g. Jorah Mormont), I think it's coherent to think that the wifes can marry again.

Have any particular case in mind?

1 minute ago, Ckram said:

Since heirs of Lords that go to the Wall succeed their fathers as if the latters had died (e.g. Jorah Mormont), I think it's coherent to think that the wifes can marry again.

Have any particular case in mind?

I was thinking if tyrion had gone to the Wall would sansa be able to marry again.

13 hours ago, divica said:

I was thinking if tyrion had gone to the Wall would sansa be able to marry again.

I’d be surprised if not, as far as succession etc. is concerned the NW is tantamount to having died, any claims are put aside. So I’d imagine it would be the same for marriage, with the marriage being annulled.

34 minutes ago, Darion Storm said:

I’d be surprised if not, as far as succession etc. is concerned the NW is tantamount to having died, any claims are put aside. So I’d imagine it would be the same for marriage, with the marriage being annulled.

We don't have the relevant information to determine this afaik. Could just as well be that married men are not allowed to join the NW as long as their wives are alive. Or their wives can't remarry and just have a tough lot handed to them.

23 minutes ago, Widow's Watch said:

With the Night's Watch, the example that comes to mind is Quentyn Ball. Since the Kingsguard and the NW are two similar orders, Ball made his wife join the Silent Sisters. So maybe it's the same with the NW? 

I haven't read the Mystery Knight, but I imagine that the case with Fireball was a matter of the Lord's preference. In the case of if Tyrion was sent to the wall after his trial for Joff's murder, I imagine Tywin would plan to marry Sansa to another Lannister, once she was found again. Being the Hand of the King oftentimes gives you the final say on what happens to a wife that is put aside for vows.

33 minutes ago, Widow's Watch said:

With the Night's Watch, the example that comes to mind is Quentyn Ball. Since the Kingsguard and the NW are two similar orders, Ball made his wife join the Silent Sisters. So maybe it's the same with the NW? 

For what it is worth (probably nothing), Barry puts them in the same category in a somewhat related regard.

"In Yunkai and Meereen, eunuchs are often made by removing a boy's testicles, but leaving the penis. Such a creature is infertile, yet often still capable of erection. Only trouble can come of this. We remove the penis as well, leaving nothing. The Unsullied are the purest creatures on the earth." He gave Dany and Arstan another of his broad white smiles. "I have heard that in the Sunset Kingdoms men take solemn vows to keep chaste and father no children, but live only for their duty. Is it not so?"

"It is," Arstan said, when the question was put. "There are many such orders. The maesters of the Citadel, the septons and septas who serve the Seven, the silent sisters of the dead, the Kingsguard and the Night's Watch . . ."

On 6-1-2018 at 4:34 AM, divica said:

If a married man choses to go to the Wall can his wife marry again?

21 hours ago, Zapho said:

We don't have the relevant information to determine this afaik. Could just as well be that married men are not allowed to join the NW as long as their wives are alive. Or their wives can't remarry and just have a tough lot handed to them.

When a married man joins the Night's Watch, his marriage is over. As his wife would thus be unmarried when the man says his vows, there is no reason she should not be able to marry again.

Tyrion stabbed listlessly at a greasy grey sausage, wishing it were his sister. It is bloody cold on the Wall, but at least I would be shut of Cersei. He did not think he would make much of a ranger, but the Night's Watch needed clever men as well as strong ones. Lord Commander Mormont had said as much, when Tyrion had visited Castle Black. There are those inconvenient vows, though. It would mean the end of his marriage and whatever claim he might ever have made for Casterly Rock, but he did not seem destined to enjoy either in any case. And he seemed to recall that there was a brothel in a nearby village.

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Was Joffrey's contrived courtly disposition toward Sansa during the feast on the first night of the hand's tourney simply a jealous reaction to Loras giving his betrothed the red rose? 

If Loras giving Sansa the rose earlier that day would have been the reason of his behavior, I would expect him to have acted that way the entire evening (or at the very least, make remarks regarding Loras the entire evening). Since that didn't happen, and it is only after Robert and Cersei's public disagreement that his behavior takes a turn for the worst, I suspect that's the cultprit. 

37 minutes ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

When a married man joins the Night's Watch, his marriage is over. As his wife would thus be unmarried when the man says his vows, there is no reason she should not be able to marry again.

Tyrion stabbed listlessly at a greasy grey sausage, wishing it were his sister. It is bloody cold on the Wall, but at least I would be shut of Cersei. He did not think he would make much of a ranger, but the Night's Watch needed clever men as well as strong ones. Lord Commander Mormont had said as much, when Tyrion had visited Castle Black. There are those inconvenient vows, though. It would mean the end of his marriage and whatever claim he might ever have made for Casterly Rock, but he did not seem destined to enjoy either in any case. And he seemed to recall that there was a brothel in a nearby village.

Over for the man, but not necessarily for the woman in a male-dominated society. First, we should note that the issue would normally only arise when a noble has been defeated in war or convicted of a high crime. In those cases, the disposition of the family would depend on the preference of the victor or the liege lord/king. 

Archived