Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

16 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

Does anyone know the rough age of Mance?

Would it be reasonable to say Mance is roughly ~12 years younger than Craster?

We don't know either of their ages, so we really can't say.

All we know about Mance, is that Jon, in his recollection, described him as "young" when they first met at some point between 283 and 288 AC. But what Jon considers (and more importantly, does not considers to be) young, we don't know.

As Craster is described as "well into the winter of his days", he would be quite some years older than Mance.

But if I had to guess, I would guess more than twelve years. But as I said, we have nothing definitive on either one of them.

Why the specific twelve years? :)

4 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

We don't know either of their ages, so we really can't say.

All we know about Mance, is that Jon, in his recollection, described him as "young" when they first met at some point between 283 and 288 AC. But what Jon considers (and more importantly, does not considers to be) young, we don't know.

As Craster is described as "well into the winter of his days", he would be quite some years older than Mance.

But if I had to guess, I would guess more than twelve years. But as I said, we have nothing definitive on either one of them.

Why the specific twelve years? :)

Thanks!

Sorry I got my math wrong, it doesn't matter if its 12 years. Mance needs to be born around 252 AC for my pet theory.

I was trying to time Bloodraven's disappearance from NW ranging to Mance's birth.

I was trying to solve a timeline where Craster could be the son of Bloodraven born around ~234 AC or a few years after. Because of his NW vows, Bloodraven could not father him. But then in ~252 AC, newborn Mance is taken by the NW and it pissed off Bloodraven to desert the NW in this so called "ranging."

If this is true, it makes the baby swap of Craster's baby by Gilly and Mance's baby much more interesting. The swap parallels the outcomes of ~234AC & ~252AC. After the swap, Craster's baby will be potentially sacrificed, while Mance's baby safely flees South.

The baby at the Wall may have King's Blood through Bloodraven for a potential sacrifice to revive of our favorite 'know nothing' character after his assassination in ADWD.

Also, Bloodraven almost snuck his bastard grandson into Westeros if it wasn't for the swap.

....but just a theory

7 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

Thanks!

I was trying to time Bloodraven's disappearance from NW ranging to Mance's birth.

I was trying to solve a timeline where Craster could be the son of Bloodraven born around 234 AC. Because of his NW vows, Bloodraven could not father him. But then in ~246 AC, newborn Mance is taken by the NW and it pissed off Bloodraven to desert the NW in this so called "ranging."

If this is true, it makes the baby swap of Craster's baby by Gilly and Mance's baby much more interesting. The swap parallels the outcomes of 234AC & 246AC. After the swap, Craster's baby will be potentially sacrificed, while Mance's baby safely flees South.

The baby at the Wall may have King's Blood through Bloodraven for a potential sacrifice to revive of our favorite 'know nothing' character after his assassination in ADWD.

Also, Bloodraven almost snuck his bastard grandson into Westeros if it wasn't for the swap.

....but just a theory

Bloodraven was Lord Commander from 239-252 AC. I doubt Mance is that old, but if Mance was his, deserting the Night's Watch and leaving Mance there would be no way of protecting or looking out for him.

8 minutes ago, Bael's Bastard said:

Bloodraven was Lord Commander from 239-252 AC. I doubt Mance is that old, but if Mance was his, deserting the Night's Watch and leaving Mance there would be no way of protecting or looking out for him.

I know, i got my math wrong. I re-edited for 252 AC.

Mance being 47ish now, is that reasonable?

Also I was trying to imply that Craster is Bloodraven's son.

Mance has a separate origin from Bloodraven.

1 minute ago, The Map Guy said:

I know, i got my math wrong. I re-edited for 252 AC.

Mance being 49ish now, is that reasonable?

It's not impossible, since we don't know his actual age, but I would be surprised if Mance was much, if at all, older than Ned. If Mance was born before Bloodraven went missing in 252 AC, he would be no younger than 30 by the time Jon and Robb were born, and even older by the time he went to Winterfell, when Jon and Robb were boys. That doesn't seem likely for someone Jon remembers as "a young black brother."

38 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

Mance being 47ish now, is that reasonable?

I think it’s a bit of a stretch, but possible as far as I can tell. My head canon tells me Mance is older than Ned, but less than a decade older. :dunno:

38 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

Also I was trying to imply that Craster is Bloodraven's son.

What. :eek:

1 hour ago, Bael's Bastard said:

It's not impossible, since we don't know his actual age, but I would be surprised if Mance was much, if at all, older than Ned. If Mance was born before Bloodraven went missing in 252 AC, he would be no younger than 30 by the time Jon and Robb were born, and even older by the time he went to Winterfell, when Jon and Robb were boys. That doesn't seem likely for someone Jon remembers as "a young black brother."

Thanks for helping me map it out. Slim chance but not impossible that Mance is 47ish now.

23 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think it’s a bit of a stretch, but possible as far as I can tell. My head canon tells me Mance is older than Ned, but less than a decade older. :dunno:

What. :eek:

My pet theory is that Craster is Bloodraven's son when Bloodraven first joined the NW in 233AC. Craster, probably born between 234AC to 236AC, is roughly that age in ACOK and had a NW father that would not father him at the Wall when he was a baby.

Mance being born in 252 AC and being raised by the NW made Bloodraven desert his post (his solo "ranging") that year because the NW was hypocritical.

Bloodraven meets up with his son Craster, and awaken the Others in 252 or 253 AC...roughly the time Craster is older enough to breed his incestuous Targaryen bastard family beyond the wall.

Bloodraven's son and granddaughter are Craster & Gilly. Gilly's baby has King's Blood, which is what Melisandre wanted anyways.

1 minute ago, The Map Guy said:

Thanks for helping me map it out. Slim chance but not impossible that Mance is 47ish now.

My pet theory is that Craster is Bloodraven's son when Bloodraven first joined the NW in 233AC. Craster, probably born between 234AC to 236AC, is roughly that age in ACOK and had a NW father that would not father him at the Wall when he was a baby.

Mance being born in 252 AC and being raised by the NW made Bloodraven desert his post (his solo "ranging") that year because the NW was hypocritical.

Bloodraven meets up with his son Craster, and awaken the Others in 252 or 253 AC...roughly the time Craster is older enough to breed his incestuous Targaryen bastard family beyond the wall.

Bloodraven's son and granddaughter are Craster & Gilly. Gilly's baby has King's Blood, which is what Melisandre wanted anyways.

Dinner is ready so a lengthier reply will have to wait.

For now I’ll just scream at the top of my lungs say, “rubbish”. :P

3 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

I’ll start by saying that Brynden Bloodraven Rivers did not desert his post. And I will have to leave it there as I am about to drive. 

4 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I’ll start by saying that Brynden Bloodraven Rivers did not desert his post. And I will have to leave it there as I am about to drive. 

I’m starting to think we maybe should introduce @The Map Guy and @40 Thousand Skeletons. :wideeyed:

17 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’m starting to think we maybe should introduce @The Map Guy and @40 Thousand Skeletons. :wideeyed:

@40 Thousand Skeletons is the most pleasant crackpotter that there is. I actually really enjoy chatting with 40k. 

However, if this union should happen, I’d ask for a warning first so that I can hide somewhere safe to avoid the waves of broken shards that would wash over the forum. 

(And I mean all of this with a hearty :cheers: to be sure) 

2 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

@40 Thousand Skeletons is the most pleasant crackpotter that there is. I actually really enjoy chatting with 40k. 

I definitely agree. That said, @The Map Guy is also really nice, and also a top notch crackpotter extraordinarie. 

It will be soooooo much fun to tell them both (of Bloodraven), “told ya!”. :lol:

23 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I definitely agree. That said, @The Map Guy is also really nice, and also a top notch crackpotter extraordinarie. 

It will be soooooo much fun to tell them both (of Bloodraven), “told ya!”. :lol:

Hahaaa. Well then, line up the pots to be cracked! :idea::D

7 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

All we know is he disappeared while ranging and he ended up with the CotF. If he went to them intentionally, that would be deserting anyways.

My theory involves him ranging alone and deserting, OR he was with a group of NW, and sneaked out.

What do we know about him so far from his history? He has a high IQ, he is vengeful, and he has the capacity to lie and bait.

His high IQ would not let him openly tell his NW brothers that he is intentionally deserting.

7 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

However, if this union should happen, I’d ask for a warning first so that I can hide somewhere safe to avoid the waves of broken shards that would wash over the forum. 

(And I mean all of this with a hearty :cheers: to be sure) 

Sounds like a party, i hope 40k skeletons has some Bodies to bring to the party!
......eh bad joke, joke only works with one skeleton

7 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Thanks, love you too!

7 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Dinner is ready so a lengthier reply will have to wait.

For now I’ll just scream at the top of my lungs say, “rubbish”. :P

Here is a food for thought.

While Bran, Meera, Jojen, and Hodor is in that sunless cave of Bloodravens, where do they get their hefty meals from? More importantly, where do all the onions come from without sunlight?

My theory is that Craster is Bloodraven's son, and their plan was to bait Bran and the gang to them. Craster's Keep is where you can find onions. BOOM BOOM BOOM!

56 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Is Zollo still alive? I think so but can’t recall and too lazy to look it up. 

And of so, do we know/have any info on his whereabouts?

Zollo who lopped Jamie's hand is still alive, as far as I know. I believe he was last at Harranhal... but I could be wrong.

As opposed to Ollo Lophand, whom was the Mormont mutineer that killed him, and then Coldhands &/or Summer killed and ate. :cool4:

Zollo who lopped Jamie's hand is still alive, as far as I know. I believe he was last at Harranhal... but I could be wrong.

Yeah, him. He can’t be at HH though, Jaime was there and there were none of the BMs left there. :dunno:

As opposed to Ollo Lophand, whom was the Mormont mutineer that killed him, and then Coldhands &/or Summer killed and ate. :cool4:

Yum! :drool:

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah, him. He can’t be at HH though, Jaime was there and there were none of the BMs left there. :dunno:

I thought he was still there when Jaime went back and had the mixed-up Bear and the Maiden Fair moment with Brienne in the bear pit? I could totally be mixing this up... I should go check... BRB... :leaving:

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yum! :drool:

Wolf snax :cheers:

5 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I thought he was still there when Jaime went back and had the mixed-up Bear and the Maiden Fair moment with Brienne in the bear pit? I could totally be mixing this up... I should go check... BRB... :leaving:

But Jaime returns there, when he’s on his way to deal w/ RR. And neither Zollo nor any other BM is there. Brienne kills Shagwell, Timeon, and Pyg at the Whispers. Hoat was eaten by a bunch of people including himselth

But no mention of Zollo that I can recall...

5 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Wolf snax :cheers:

Yup. :D

Archived