Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah, him. He can’t be at HH though, Jaime was there and there were none of the BMs left there. :dunno:

Ok, quick search seems to tell me that Harrenhal was the last place Zollo was at, but he has since melted off to... somewhere. It seems he is still alive, though.

Truthfully, this is one of those small story details that I am curious how it plays out in TWOW. Will Jaime find Zollo, and how will Jaime react to 100,000 Dothraki screamers riding his way?

A Feast for Crows - Jaime III

"If you will forgive my saying so, they were not godly men, as we are. The Warrior defends us, and help is always near, if some dread foe should threaten. Maester Gulian will be remaining with his ravens, Lord Lancel is nearby at Darry with his garrison, and Lord Randyll holds Maidenpool. Together we three shall hunt down and destroy whatever outlaws prowl these parts. Once that is done, the Seven will guide the goodfolk back to their villages to plow and plant and build anew."

The ones the Goat didn't kill, at least. Jaime hooked his golden fingers round the stem of his wine goblet. "If any of Hoat's Brave Companions fall into your hands, send word to me at once." The Stranger might have made off with the Goat before Jaime could get around to him, but fat Zollo was still out there, with Shagwell, Rorge, Faithful Urswyck, and the rest.

"So you can torture them and kill them?"

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But Jaime returns there, when he’s on his way to deal w/ RR. And neither Zollo nor any other BM is there. Brienne kills Shagwell, Timeon, and Pyg at the Whispers. Hoat was eaten by a bunch of people including himselth

But no mention of Zollo that I can recall...

Yeah, I was just checking Brienne chapters as well and found nothing specific about Zollo there either. Maybe he is alive and headed somewhere else? Or solo rogue?  :dunno:

3 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Yeah, I was just checking Brienne chapters as well and found nothing specific about Zollo there either. Maybe he is alive and headed somewhere else? Or solo rogue?  :dunno:

Possible. But if he is to appear again, I just want it to be somewhere near either Brienne or Jaime. :D

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Zollo who lopped Jamie's hand is still alive, as far as I know. I believe he was last at Harranhal... but I could be wrong.

As opposed to Ollo Lophand, whom was the Mormont mutineer that killed him, and then Coldhands &/or Summer killed and ate. :cool4:

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Is Zollo still alive? I think so but can’t recall and too lazy to look it up. 

And of so, do we know/have any info on his whereabouts?

Probably on his way to Oldtown with Urswyck. It’s mentioned in the chapter where Brienne fights Timeon, Pyg and Shagwell that Urswyck and ‘his lot’ were heading to Oldtown for a ship while Roge was going to Saltpans. As Zollo wasn’t with Rorge...

i mentioned in the Wow I never noticed that thread that the BM should fit right in with Euron....

16 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Probably on his way to Oldtown with Urswyck. It’s mentioned in the chapter where Brienne fights Timeon, Pyg and Shagwell that Urswyck and ‘his lot’ were heading to Oldtown for a ship while Roge was going to Saltpans. As Zollo wasn’t with Rorge...

i mentioned in the Wow I never noticed that thread that the BM should fit right in with Euron....

Thank you... and...

horrifyingly true!

(After Aegon IV's birth) In Lys, Lysandro the Magnificent declared a day of feasting in honor of his grandson. -F&B

How do you understand it? Feast for a whole day, or a fixed holiday on Aegon IV's birthday? FWIW, Father's Day was call Father's Feast in F&B.

Maybe the Brotherhood got him when they got Septon Utt?

On 1/12/2019 at 1:39 PM, The Fattest Leech said:

Wolf snax :cheers:

(I'd like to believe Zollo was the Dothraki that Nymeria killed in Arya's wolf dream, but she recalled his name was Iggo, and she doesn't describe him or any of the Dothraki mummers as fat, so that would be wishful thinking on my part.) :)

A tiny question has bothered me for quite a while. Did Merryweather had some other meanings, like a pun I missed?

That night the queen summoned Lady Merryweather to her bedchamber. “Will you take a cup of wine?” she asked her.
“A small one.” The Myrish woman laughed. “A big one.”
“On the morrow I want you to pay a call on my good-daughter,” Cersei said as Dorcas was dressing her for bed.

3 hours ago, DominusNovus said:

Why do older Northern clansmen ‘go hunting’ when Winter comes, instead of joining the NW?

Because the purpose is to not take up any of the scarce resources during winter. The NW will suffer just as much from a lack of resources as noble houses do, if not moreso since they often rely or the largesse of the nobility

hi everyone - a while back there was a post "Rheager come out and die" or "Brandon did not shout 'come out and die'" or something along those lines. 
when i go to search for it i can find nothing or i either clog the search machine up ...

can someone remember this posting /or let me know if you remember the proper title?
i'm on another re-read and i want to understand the timeline of the beginning of the rebellion action a bit more.

thanks!

44 minutes ago, Yaya said:

hi everyone - a while back there was a post "Rheager come out and die" or "Brandon did not shout 'come out and die'" or something along those lines. 
when i go to search for it i can find nothing or i either clog the search machine up ...

can someone remember this posting /or let me know if you remember the proper title?
i'm on another re-read and i want to understand the timeline of the beginning of the rebellion action a bit more.

thanks!

I'm not sure which thread you are talking about, but google is always a good friend in such situations! You could try that, just add the website name behind yous search terms.

Additionally, you could ask your questions here, if there are specific questions regarding the timeline of the rebellion.

2 hours ago, Yaya said:

Thanks R_T  !

and a question to you :)- has there been a timeline created (or even drafted) for F&B &/or aKotSK ?
(like the google doc ' ASOIAF Timeline' ?)

Not to my knowledge. It would be difficult to do such a thing for F&B, as the only thing we can reasonably say about some events is whether they occurred early in the year, mid-year, or late in the year (perhaps for the Dance a more detailed timeline could be drafted, and it's an idea I've been having for a while, especially now that F&B gives us more detailed information - Although sadly the text also contains some contradicting errors, IIRC from the errata thread).

For Dunk & Egg, the stories last only a few days, and placing them exactly in the year is impossible. What we do know, is this:

THK takes place in 209 AC, TSS and TMK in 211 AC. In TSS, Dunk states that it has been two years since Arlan has died, and "a good year and a half" since Aegon joined his service, despite these two events taking place shortly after each other. We can gather from that that THK and TSS take place within the span of 1,5-2 years after one another. As Dunk's wounds from TSS have healed by the time TMK takes place, we can gather that at least a few short months have passed, if not more. Which all slightly limits when every events could have taken place, but not by much.

Archived