Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Small Questions v. 10105

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Why do you think Manderly's honor wasn't called into question after he supposedly killed Davos?  

Because Davos is in White Harbour as the representative of an attainted demon-worshipping traitor and Lord Manderly is a loyal and faithful servant of the crown eagerly showing his dedication to his monarch by beheading a traitor.

So it would seem anyway, from the perspective of the Frey’s and anyone not privy to Wyman’s plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Euron Lannister said:

Do you think Mace will have enough time to finish his new Tower of the Hand?

and how long would it take?

Seems like a very Martin-esque plot element for it to be finished on the day something momentous occurs somewhere in Westeros. Like Mace dying or Dany landing or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are Tully genes more prominent than other family genes? because Ned's kids (minus Arya) are said to take after Cat's family. Also Jon Snow is said to have a horse face like Ned even though he's half Valyrian. 

SweetRobin's looks are kept hidden by the author. Harry is said to look similar to a young Jon Arryn (dirty or sandy blonde and robust) and Tullys usually have Auburn hair and blue eyes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frey Kings said:

Are Tully genes more prominent than other family genes? because Ned's kids (minus Arya) are said to take after Cat's family. Also Jon Snow is said to have a horse face like Ned even though he's half Valyrian. 

SweetRobin's looks are kept hidden by the author. Harry is said to look similar to a young Jon Arryn (dirty or sandy blonde and robust) and Tullys usually have Auburn hair and blue eyes. 

There are no genes. There is whatever the author wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Is true that Martin once said that he can't understand why is Sandor so popular?

I think he once said something like that about Jaqen H"ghar, comparing him to Boba Fett, who was not intended to be an important character but became very popular among the fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I think he once said something like that about Jaqen H"ghar, comparing him to Boba Fett, who was not intended to be an important character but became very popular among the fans. 

I can see that, just intriguing enough to grab your attention, just mysterious enough to have people theorising non-stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

694 (US Hardback)
672 (UK Hardcover)
835 (US Paperback)
804 (UK Paperback)

This are numbers pages of different editions of the first book. Do this includes appendices and maps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kandrax said:

694 (US Hardback)
672 (UK Hardcover)
835 (US Paperback)
804 (UK Paperback)

This are numbers pages of different editions of the first book. Do this includes appendices and maps?

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Chapters_Table_of_contents

I use the above link as a guide. My US paperback edition has the last chapter of the book, which is a Daenerys’ chapter, starting on page 798 which is the same as listed on the site that I linked.

The prologue in my PB has page numbers. The appendix in my PB has page numbers. The page numbers end at 835. The maps in my PB book do not have page numbers nor does the bonus Theon chapter.

I’m guessing ---- but I would think the differing page count has to do with layout & medium, paper size and type size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Pride of Driftmark said:

On a scale of 1-Littlefinger, where does Prince Doran fall on the is-totally-up-to-more-than-he-tells-our-stupid-POV-characters scale?

Perhaps a 3-4. Most of his ambitions seem to have been laid bare by now, and he has few cards left to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.2.2018 at 2:07 AM, Pride of Driftmark said:

On a scale of 1-Littlefinger, where does Prince Doran fall on the is-totally-up-to-more-than-he-tells-our-stupid-POV-characters scale?

0,75 Littlefingers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 8:07 PM, Pride of Driftmark said:

On a scale of 1-Littlefinger, where does Prince Doran fall on the is-totally-up-to-more-than-he-tells-our-stupid-POV-characters scale?

Littlefinger, Doran is playing a longer game than most people think IMO. I think the whole Dornish POV's is one big smokescreen.

1) Arys Oakheart is an outside and knows shit about Dorne

2) Arianne is a gossipy socialite that can't be trusted with high treason

3) Areo Hotah, the video camera that rides

All our POV's have no idea what is going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

Littlefinger, Doran is playing a longer game than most people think IMO. I think the whole Dornish POV's is one big smokescreen.

1) Arys Oakheart is an outside and knows shit about Dorne

2) Arianne is a gossipy socialite that can't be trusted with high treason

3) Areo Hotah, the video camera that rides

All our POV's have no idea what is going on.

Thanks! I agree. 

PS- I love the D and D adaptation philosophy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kandrax said:

Is Lo Bu's campaign against Jogos Nhai only instance of genocide in the books?

Ahh, Lo Bu... Most would ask, Who the [email protected]$! is Lo Bu...

North of Yi Ti, the windswept plains and rolling hills that stretch from the Golden Empire's frontiers to the desolate shores of the shivering sea are dominated by a race of mounted warriors called the Jogos Nhai. Like the Dothraki...

...A thousand rival clans joined together and raised up a jhattar [the jhat of jhats and war leader of the whole people], a woman in man's mail named Zhea the barren...

...Zhea isolated each of Lo Bu's thirteen armies ... and destroyed them each in turn...

...Amongst the slain was Lo Bu himself... When his severed head was presented to Zhea, she commanded that the flesh be stripped from the bone, so that his skull might be dipped in gold and made into her drinking cup. From that time to this, every jhattar of the Jogos Nhai has drunk fermented zorse milk from the gilded skull of the Boy Too Bold By Half...

The Plains of the Jogos Nhai, TWOIAF

Aegon's fate perhaps? 

On his deathbed, Ser Aegor Rivers had famously commanded his men to boil the flesh from his skull, dip it in gold, and carry it before them when they crossed the sea to retake Westeros. His successors had followed his example.

The Lost Lord, Dance 24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×