Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Since Rhaegar was a fruitcake obsessed with prophecies, and all around poor political skills, Viserys pretty unstable, and Aerys was Aerys...what are the chances Jon would inherit some incestuous madness. If R+L=J is true of course...

8 hours ago, Drekinn said:

Since Rhaegar was a fruitcake obsessed with prophecies, and all around poor political skills, Viserys pretty unstable, and Aerys was Aerys...what are the chances Jon would inherit some incestuous madness. If R+L=J is true of course...

Is your post a response to the last episode of the show? I ask that because my view is that Daenerys will turn out to be  that kind of destructive megalomaniac. Whilst i don't expect Jon to demonstrate such traits, I can certainly live with it of he does. The problem is the show just had non-Targ Cercei going full Aerys++; to me plot-wise it would be daft to have 3 very distinct characters having the same behaviours. In show terms they don't seem to care about that, but I'd expect GRRM to be more diverse.

On 28 June 2016 at 0:57 PM, Maldon Massey said:

I am also searching for a Thread. Do you remember Bustards Favorite Character Poll from last Year. He closed the Poll first after over 200 Votes and posted the Results here. Then he re-opened it after huge interest from other people and closed it after ca. 500 Votes and posted the Results in another Thread. I can't find the second Top 100 after 500 Votes anywhere. I had a Link in another Forum, but that Link lead to a Thread with the Title "Purpose of Asshai".

Has anyone a working Link to the second Top 100 or has someone saved the Top 100 somewhere.

On 28 June 2016 at 11:06 PM, MtnLion said:

You looking for this

Try This. It's a link to Zizoz's post in the relevant thread, in which they have reposted the results which were lost during the upgrade

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Try This. It's a link to Zizoz's post in the relevant thread, in which they have reposted the results which were lost during the upgrade

Thanks, Helena.  I believe the OP on the question will be thankful that you popped in.  ;)

1 minute ago, MtnLion said:

Thanks, Helena.  I believe the OP on the question will be thankful that you popped in.  ;)

If you are looking for a particular post/thread in future go to the person who started the thread's profile and look at their activity, you should see all the topics they have started. 

11 hours ago, caravaggio said:

What were the limits of Beric's healing abilities?

Not as good as Wolverine. In fact he doesn't have any healing ability. Its the red priest who heals him with the kiss of fire.   

He loses 'self' each resurrection. Has gruesome scars that don't heal. Can't re-grow parts that are cut out.  

Thoros sticks him back together after being cleaved by the Hound so maybe a severed head can be stuck back on and sealed by fire too. I'm reminded of the story Nimble Dick told about the Whispers... Clarence Crabb was said to kiss the severed heads of his victims back to life. Maybe that's the limit. 

3 hours ago, Lost Umber said:

Not as good as Wolverine. In fact he doesn't have any healing ability. Its the red priest who heals him with the kiss of fire.   

He loses 'self' each resurrection. Has gruesome scars that don't heal. Can't re-grow parts that are cut out.  

Thoros sticks him back together after being cleaved by the Hound so maybe a severed head can be stuck back on and sealed by fire too. I'm reminded of the story Nimble Dick told about the Whispers... Clarence Crabb was said to kiss the severed heads of his victims back to life. Maybe that's the limit. 

But, the wounds close up right? I was just curious as Stoneheart has to speak by putting her hand over the hole in her throat where she was cut in order to speak. Is it because the cut happened before her resurrection that it remains open?

And I guess the type of healing Victarion gets must be different. His arm doesn't seem like anything that happened to either Beric or Stoneheart.

On 24.6.2016 at 2:36 AM, HornblowerHar said:

Its been bothering me that Tywin Lannister married his cousin.  He is all about his legacy and he marries for love?  It would have been smarter for him to marry a lady from a great house to make himself stronger.  I know he was already the second most powerful person in the realm but still.

A point in making first grade cousins marry in the western aristocracy was to keep the wealth in the family. Would fit as a Lannister motive, but I don't remember if we were told Joanna was from a poor or rich branch of the family tree.

On 6/2/2016 at 1:40 PM, Springwatch said:

I used to think grrm named Cersei after Circe, the enchantress who turned men into pigs, but apparently he's been asked this, and it's not so.

Where did he get the name from? Is it common, or are there variants in use? Has it a known meaning?

I think I finally found an answer for this: it could be a variation of Cissy, an old nick name probably derived from 'sister'.

In a Game of thrones, when Arya is chasing cats as part of her training with syrio: 

He had dabbed her wounds with Myrish fire, which burned so bad she had had to bite her lip to keep from screaming. Then he sent her out after more cats.

What is "myrish fire"? Is it brought up again?

56 minutes ago, KingMance said:

In a Game of thrones, when Arya is chasing cats as part of her training with syrio: 

He had dabbed her wounds with Myrish fire, which burned so bad she had had to bite her lip to keep from screaming. Then he sent her out after more cats.

Where else was it mentioned? I assumed here it was a salve. 

3 hours ago, KingMance said:

2 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Where else was it mentioned? I assumed here it was a salve. 

Myrish firewine is mentioned in DWD. We see boiled wine used to disinfect wounds all over the place, so it seems conceivable they could be the same.

10 hours ago, Shireen Purratheon said:

Myrish firewine is mentioned in DWD. We see boiled wine used to disinfect wounds all over the place, so it seems conceivable they could be the same.

I assumed they were two different things, with firewine being like strong wine. 

Archived