Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

9 minutes ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

This has probably already been asked several times but.... Do we know who told Doran about Arianne's plot? If so, who?

We don't. There are several theories, including one which theorizes that Doran figured it out himself, and one which claims that each of Arianne's friends went to Doran.

2 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Is there a link for these theories? Or some general directions for me to find? Thanks! 

Sure. The "No one told" theory is right here. I'm not sure if the "everyone (Drey, Garin, Sylva) told" has a thread, but the premise there is easy. No one wanted to face the consequences of betraying the Prince of Dorne, and thus went to him (without knowledge of the others going) in order to be on his side of the conflict. The argument used for this is usually that the punishment the three received is not as severe as one might have expected.

Edit: But there are theories for practically everyone nvolved. Drey, Garin, Sylva, even Tyene Sand.

12 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Sure. The "No one told" theory is right here. I'm not sure if the "everyone (Drey, Garin, Sylva) told" has a thread, but the premise there is easy. No one wanted to face the consequences of betraying the Prince of Dorne, and thus went to him (without knowledge of the others going) in order to be on his side of the conflict. The argument used for this is usually that the punishment the three received is not as severe as one might have expected.

Edit: But there are theories for practically everyone nvolved. Drey, Garin, Sylva, even Tyene Sand.

Also darkstar but I don't have the link handy. Still basically everyone sans Myrcella.

20 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

What does this mean. Web attack: Suspicious executable image download.

Attacking computer asoiaf.westeros.org 104.28.23.9,80

asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/mort

You should probably post this in the board issues thread:

I would say Brienne by a hair from this SSM:

Brienne is well over six feet tall, but not close to seven, no. Just off the top of my head, I would say Brienne is taller than Renly and Jaime and significantly heavier than either, but nowhere near the size of Gregor Clegane, who is the true giant in the series. Shorter than Hodor and the Greatjon, maybe a bit shorter than the Hound, maybe roughly the same height as Robert.

Has anyone ever created a handy-dandy list of all the characters still alive at the end of ADWD?  With or without including the "presumed dead but really alive" and the "was dead but isn't anymore"?  It's more out of sheer curiosity than any actual purpose, but I thought I'd see what the fandom had come up with before I started the long process of making my own list!  Thank you!

1 minute ago, Jak Scaletongue said:

Has anyone ever created a handy-dandy list of all the characters still alive at the end of ADWD?  With or without including the "presumed dead but really alive" and the "was dead but isn't anymore"?  It's more out of sheer curiosity than any actual purpose, but I thought I'd see what the fandom had come up with before I started the long process of making my own list!  Thank you!

http://weirwood-net.com/

The "General Info" page might be what you're looking for.

15 minutes ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

Is there a better explanation for where the wildlings come from than they were just on the wrong side of the wall when it went up?

Because otherwise, why did one set of First Men develop a feudal system and the other didn't? Did the concept get introduced by the Andals instead?

None so far, specially considering the Thenns. I am guessing that they were people that decided not to pay the "blood price" to live south of the Wall.

It seems that their semi-feudal system developed independently; by the time the andals tried to get into the North the region was almost unified under the Kings of Winter.

Archived