Jump to content
Rhaenys_Targaryen

Small Questions v. 10105

Recommended Posts

Just now, The Fattest Leech said:

Good to know. Thank you. That is more detailed than how I was searching for things. 

It's also organised by topic Here if you know specifically what you are looking for. I couldn't find the one about kingly POVs though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You can use google. Not sure I remember the exact wording but something like "site: Westeros.org/SSM keyword" with keyword being what you are searching for, like Dayne, Sword of Morning etc

Many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

This has been talked about in various other threads either as a main topic or included as "evidence" of something else. I did a quick search and found this thread and it is still open if you want to give it a try.

 

I thought it was rather accepted that Septa Lemore is a few years elder than Ashara. In any case, if Ashara has to be one among the known characters, I'd put my coin on Quaithe. What gives me the chance to bring up a  small question.

When Quaithe meets Dany just before advising her to go to Asshai, her eyes were "wet and shiny." I was rereading the chapter and this struck me. Wet eyes? Was she crying? Why should she?

She might be a loyal Targaryen supporter and she was moved to have found Dany some many years after the last Targaryen king had been slain, or because she was Rhaegar's sister. But it could be otherwise. I wonder what it means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, finger said:

I thought it was rather accepted that Septa Lemore is a few years elder than Ashara. In any case, if Ashara has to be one among the known characters, I'd put my coin on Quaithe. What gives me the chance to bring up a  small question.

When Quaithe meets Dany just before advising her to go to Asshai, her eyes were "wet and shiny." I was rereading the chapter and this struck me. Wet eyes? Was she crying? Why should she?

She might be a loyal Targaryen supporter and she was moved to have found Dany some many years after the last Targaryen king had been slain, or because she was Rhaegar's sister. But it could be otherwise. I wonder what it means.

Well, I didn't want to give anyone anything that could be wrong info so I gave the thread to help him decide on his own.    

As far as Quaithe, well that has been discussed semi recently here in this thread :D 

Basically, everything not written or expressly stated is just theory until we see it in page. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

I'm not sure if this requires a spoiler or not but just to be safe.

  Hide contents

Is there a a Septa Lemore = Ashara Dayne theory? I am so hung up on how GRRM makes the point to mention the stretch marks on her belly. If it is a theory how well supported is it? 

Thanks!

There has. Arguments often made are the fact that she goes swimming every morning, which woul dmake Ashara's death by jumping into the sea ironic, as well as the stretch marks on her belly indicating childbirth, whereas Ashara has had a stillborn child, according to Barristan Selmy. Additionally, Connington calles her "Lady" Lemore, indicating that she's from high birth, like Ashara was.

 

There are arguments against too. Ashara would have been in her thirties in the current story, whereas Tyrion guesses her age as slightly older. Nor does he remark on her extraordinary beauty or the colour of her eyes, which were well-known features of Ashara (though the fact that Tyrion doesn't describe her eyes has also been used as an argment in favor of the theory, claiming that it otherwise would have been too obvious).

 

There's probably more, but these arguments for and against are most often mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, finger said:

I thought it was rather accepted that Septa Lemore is a few years elder than Ashara. In any case, if Ashara has to be one among the known characters, I'd put my coin on Quaithe. What gives me the chance to bring up a  small question.

When Quaithe meets Dany just before advising her to go to Asshai, her eyes were "wet and shiny." I was rereading the chapter and this struck me. Wet eyes? Was she crying? Why should she?

She might be a loyal Targaryen supporter and she was moved to have found Dany some many years after the last Targaryen king had been slain, or because she was Rhaegar's sister. But it could be otherwise. I wonder what it means.

Quaithe is Shiera Seastar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Well, I didn't want to give anyone anything that could be wrong info so I gave the thread to help him decide on his own.    

As far as Quaithe, well that has been discussed semi recently here in this thread :D 

Basically, everything not written or expressly stated is just theory until we see it in page. 

 

9 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Quaithe is Shiera Seastar.

 

Thanks but, actually, my small question is why her eyes were wet and shiny.

Of course, if she was Dany's mother, she must be moved for talking to her daughter. Still, I can't see why she couldn't have fled with her children instead of faking her own death.

Otoh, I wonder how Shiera Seastar has reached here. She's of an age with Bloodraven but she lacks the strength of trees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, finger said:

 

 

Thanks but, actually, my small question is why her eyes were wet and shiny.

Of course, if she was Dany's mother, she must be moved for talking to her daughter. Still, I can't see why she couldn't have fled with her children instead of faking her own death.

Otoh, I wonder how Shiera Seastar has reached here. She's of an age with Bloodraven but she lacks the strength of trees.

The other thread talks about that. So does the Radio Westeros podcast that is linked in the thread. 

The idea is, yes, her eyes are wet and shiny from seeing her daughter and her daughter with live dragons. And the theory about her leaving has something to do with training in Asshai (where there are no children) or something like that. Check it out when younhave time to listen to the podcast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

There has. Arguments often made are the fact that she goes swimming every morning, which woul dmake Ashara's death by jumping into the sea ironic, as well as the stretch marks on her belly indicating childbirth, whereas Ashara has had a stillborn child, according to Barristan Selmy. Additionally, Connington calles her "Lady" Lemore, indicating that she's from high birth, like Ashara was.

 

There are arguments against too. Ashara would have been in her thirties in the current story, whereas Tyrion guesses her age as slightly older. Nor does he remark on her extraordinary beauty or the colour of her eyes, which were well-known features of Ashara (though the fact that Tyrion doesn't describe her eyes has also been used as an argment in favor of the theory, claiming that it otherwise would have been too obvious).

 

There's probably more, but these arguments for and against are most often mentioned.

I suppose everyone is free to choose their own arguments but, honest, according to this, any mother or swimmer could be Ashara Dayne. Oh, about that "Lady", is Varys a lord? He might have called her lady because she was playing the part of a lady. Anyway, any exile lady who's been mother or can swim could be Ashara, no matter her age.

I'm feeling we need that sixth book badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

The other thread talks about that. So does the Radio Westeros podcast that is linked in the thread. 

The idea is, yes, her eyes are wet and shiny from seeing her daughter and her daughter with live dragons. And the theory about her leaving has something to do with training in Asshai (where there are no children) or something like that. Check it out when younhave time to listen to the podcast. 

Thanks, I'll try to, even tough I think some people are taking the story too far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, finger said:

Thanks, I'll try to, even tough I think some people are taking the story too far.

I agree. I think sometimes a person is just that person and the "clues" are diversionary tactics to throw us off as the main theme swims right by. 

And I second your other thought. We need Winds pronto... But I'll wait rather than the alternative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, finger said:

 

 

Thanks but, actually, my small question is why her eyes were wet and shiny.

Of course, if she was Dany's mother, she must be moved for talking to her daughter. Still, I can't see why she couldn't have fled with her children instead of faking her own death.

Otoh, I wonder how Shiera Seastar has reached here. She's of an age with Bloodraven but she lacks the strength of trees.

Wet for the sea. Shiny for the stars. Egg says Bloodraven's paramour keeps herself young through blood magic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, finger said:

I suppose everyone is free to choose their own arguments but, honest, according to this, any mother or swimmer could be Ashara Dayne. Oh, about that "Lady", is Varys a lord? He might have called her lady because she was playing the part of a lady. Anyway, any exile lady who's been mother or can swim could be Ashara, no matter her age.

I'm feeling we need that sixth book badly.

Well sure, it's nothing conclusive :)  But the idea usually is that it wouldn't just be any woman who would be involved in the scheme as made by Varys and Illyrio, and Ashara was close to Rhaegar and Elia, as Elia's lady-in-waiting.

You are correct about Varys being called Lord, of course. That Connington refers to Lemore as "Lady" doesn't have to mean anything, of course. But it is interesting that he only calls her "lady" in his thoughts, and once to Haldon, someone who is equally involved in the scheme Connington is involved in. If Lemore was only pretending to be a lady, why would he call her such in his thoughts as well?

He doesn't always use "lady", though, so perhaps it indeed is nothing. But the fact that he does use the title on multiple occasions has gotten people's attention.

 

If Lemore is Ashara, however, Connington will know, because he knew Ashara from their time at court. You could argue that Connington uses the title of "Lady" because Lemore is Ashara and Connington knows, and thus uses the title because she is of high birth. However, you can also counter that, if Lemore is Ashara, there is no reason for Connington to use the name "Lemore" in his thoughts.

 

The theory certainly is not fail-proof. But so far, none concerning Lemore have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One lesser known theory is that Lady Lemore is Lemore Dayne.  It's thought that the Starks' septa is a clue.  Lemore + Mordane = Lemore Dayne.  Also, as Rhaenys_Targaryen points out, Jon Connington refers to her as "Lady Lemore," and would have no reason to do so if she were Ashara.   If Lemore is a Dayne, she might have crucial knowledge about Rhaegar, Elia, Lyanna, and/or the TOJ.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres a certain chapter that im looking for but I cant seem to find it.

Its when the Ironborn are attacking the Tyrells and theres a heated discussion at court about sending them aid. I think Margaery may be pleading with the small council but im not too sure, its been so long since ive read it

Have a feeling its a Sansa or Cersei chapter from ASOS of AFFC, any help would be appreciated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr Qyburn M.D said:

Theres a certain chapter that im looking for but I cant seem to find it.

Its when the Ironborn are attacking the Tyrells and theres a heated discussion at court about sending them aid. I think Margaery may be pleading with the small council but im not too sure, its been so long since ive read it

Have a feeling its a Sansa or Cersei chapter from ASOS of AFFC, any help would be appreciated.  

AFfC, Cersei VII.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DarkSister1001 said:

Was Joffreys pie or wine poisoned?

The way it is presented, and what has been confirmed through semi-canon source, is that it had been the wine, and  had been meant to kill Joffrey.

However, there are those who theorize that the poison had been in the pie, and that the intended target had been Tyrion, not Joffrey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×